cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner tonight?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If you can please post a pic of your creations.

Yum one of my favourites....garfield's too!  Lasagna20201029_225721-COLLAGE.jpg @Jb456  version of date night dessert .

250 REPLIES 250

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious some interesting ideas there, I actually made pumpkin spinach pasta last night.  Cooked the flesh in oven (there was not much, and it was stringy, but the flavour was good  will save recipe for future.  I have some seeds left and might try one of the your suggestions.

https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/pumpkin-spinach-and-walnut-spaghetti/

@mimmo 

A couple of these ideas should be right up your alley....as you can only use the seeds of a seed pumpkin. Use them in a "sauce" :

1. Pesto
  2. Mole
  3. Homous
  4. Dressing
  5. Salsa
  6. Tapenade

Use them as a coating or crust on protein:

1. Fish such as halibut, sole, cod or haddock.
  2. Rack of lamb.
  3. Chicken ( great for skinless/boneless)

For baking:

1. Add to breads, granola, crisps, muffins....
  2. Grind and substitute for flour.
  3. Make a brittle.
  4. Make a butter.

This should get you going......

@mimmo 

What a great idea! Let me think about the seed pumpkin.....I 'm surprised you didn't make carrot pie! Turns out like pumpkin pie! Now I can't stop thinking about pie.....

@stevenanto 

That includes pizza pie!

IMG_20171009_165325928_HDR.jpg

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious that looks so tasty, I think we should square off in a masterchef type of challenge for these pizzas, blind taste test and all hahaha

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious I love panzerotti, ever since I was a kid,  (mom still makes them on special occasions) 🙂  

I can't wait to make a trip to the old country first stop:

PIZZERIA DI COSIMO, Bari - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor

Speaking of food , a group of friends have started a food challenge alla mastechef mystery box/ iron chef.  everyone has 2 weeks to make a dish starring the secret ingredient.    looking for an creative way to use a "seed pumpkin"  any ideas?

the last one was carrots, I dont want to see carrots for 6 months now.  I made :

• carrot juice
  • carrot /zucchini fritters
  • spiced carrot soup
  • french grated carrot salad
  • carrot risotto
  • carrot cake

@stevenanto 

Something like this....

IMG_20170410_191247220.jpg

Have you ever had panzerotti? Essentially a deep fried pizza pie.... I first had them in Toronto on Queen St. W more or less across from Muchmusic.....

IMG_20171024_192701765.jpg

Once I moved to Vancouver a year or so later we found a tiny place near the PNE selling them. I was so excited to find them and so was the owner as he explained it was his first week after buying the business from the original owner of the Toronto panzerotti palace who had moved to Vancouver with the intention of retirement. He explained how well the former owner had taught him and they did not disappoint. The panzerotti were exactly like they were back east including both the marinara and the basil pesto sauce. This became part if our annual trip to the pne was to order 5 fried pies because the 6th was always free.

stevenanto

@darlicious that looks great. 

We we made home made pizza from scratch last night. Dough and all

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious 
LOL!

That dish makes my mouth water!  😃

Hope your bf appreciates you.

@Jovi 

Thank you.....I have cooked professionally but mom-mentored and self taught. Hey you never know if the bf keeps up with the bs I'm going to need someone feed!

20180917_180700.jpg

Jovi

@rollie

LOL!

That about sums it up for me too on most days.  🙂

Jovi

@darlicious 

Are you a chef?  That looks as though it was prepared by a pro!!  🙂

Jovi

@darlicious 

Wow!  Those look absolutely amazing 🤩 

Good job!

I wish I knew you so you could invite me over for dinner ... 🙂

I'm only a buffalo fan from my years living in Toronto. New Orleans is my team.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Yep mine too....even better when camping! Its essential to bring a small wisk.They turn out the same.

20180514_123040.jpg

If you are referring to football, I prefer the team with the horseshoe to win although I am not passionate about either team.  

@will13am 

Yep mine too....even better when camping! Its essential to bring a small wisk.They turn out the same.

20180514_123040.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Lol....as much as the bf likes shreddies I can't stand them as I grew up on them. My mom being sugar-nazi waaaay before it was trendy. It was one of the three mainstays in our house along with puffed wheat and shredded wheat and the three hot cereals : cream of wheat, red river and porridge.

Despite donating 100 boxes of cereal I still have a big enough stockpile to last at least a year.....I've been banned from "buying" any more free cereal for the forseeable future. Same goes for paldo soup bowls that bought me a new tablet and my fridge full of yoplait yogurt. My only income these days is stores paying me to unstock their shelves for them.

Speaking of breakfast.....pigskin benny's.....let's go buffalo!

20190101_134445.jpg

Eggs benedict, my favorite breakfast food!  

@will13am 

Lol....as much as the bf likes shreddies I can't stand them as I grew up on them. My mom being sugar-nazi waaaay before it was trendy. It was one of the three mainstays in our house along with puffed wheat and shredded wheat and the three hot cereals : cream of wheat, red river and porridge.

Despite donating 100 boxes of cereal I still have a big enough stockpile to last at least a year.....I've been banned from "buying" any more free cereal for the forseeable future. Same goes for paldo soup bowls that bought me a new tablet and my fridge full of yoplait yogurt. My only income these days is stores paying me to unstock their shelves for them.

Speaking of breakfast.....pigskin benny's.....let's go buffalo!

20190101_134445.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious , I know you are passionate about cereal deals.  This one is pretty good.  $1.88 for 540g.  

https://www.amazon.ca/Post-Honey-Shreddies-Cereal-540g/dp/B00LM9FKDK/

@darlicious no! 🤣

stevenanto

That looks amazing.

@stevenanto 

Ooooooh! I usually pull that out for the superbowl but I did do a spread for my late partners 50th birthday......DSCF4722.JPGDSCF4735.JPGDSCF4736.JPGDSCF4673.JPG

stevenanto

Pulled pork sandwiches, its going in the slow cooker by mid afternoon. MMMM can taste it already. 

Darn I really need to quit the Poutine and try some of @darlicious meals. Looks scrumptious 😋

@gpixel 

I cant remember for sure but im pretty sure your wrong again.....

20210105_202245-COLLAGE.jpg20210105_202419-COLLAGE.jpg20210105_202616-COLLAGE.jpg20210105_202720-COLLAGE.jpg

bottom = g7 😉

ew spinach 🤮. just kidding, I'm sure it all tastes good 😋

I made spanakopitas for the first time and they turned out great!IMG_20201220_043654301.jpg20201220_040250.jpg

@rollie 

Hmmmmm.....fish tacos?

20200707_001921.jpg

@rollie 

Or an improvised antipasto plate?

20201211_003134.jpg

@rollie 

Why not breakfast for dinner?

20201209_021928.jpg

rollie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It comes down to--- "I DO NOT KNOW" or " WHAT EVER "