cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner tonight?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If you can please post a pic of your creations.

Yum one of my favourites....garfield's too!  Lasagna20201029_225721-COLLAGE.jpg @Jb456  version of date night dessert .

250 REPLIES 250

@gpixel 

Easy meal.....just add extra toppings and cheese and easy to tell the difference.

20201218_012641.jpgIMG_20201218_012541105.jpg

Proscuitto wrapped chicken breast w/ basmati rice and avocado and mixed green salad  Two angles for you @gpixel .....20201218_052240-COLLAGE.jpg20201218_052403-COLLAGE.jpg

@computergeek541 

Of course its completely random how google photos chooses which photo to put where when making a collage. However it did alternate them in descending order : A3/g7, g7/A3, A3/g7, g7/A3. On first impression there are a couple noticeable differences.

The first which reminds me of the difference between kodak and fuji process back when you got your film and prints processed. It was always preferable to use the same process as your film when getting your film and prints developed. I was a diehard kodak process fan. I preferred the warmer yellow/red tones of kodak over the blue/green cooler hues of fuji. I think that is reflected here with the A3 having warmer tones than the g7+. The g7 is a little more true to life but the A3 has the ability to enhance or change the overall tone and hue of photos by a mere single degree of tilt.  This makes no difference with the g7.

The second noticeable difference is the main (rear) cameras and as in the case of the moto g7+ two cameras (duos). The 16mp camera captures sharper lines and finer details of the subject but  it does lose focus outside of that area whereas the A3's 13mp does a much better job of looking  at the whole picture and adjusting accordingly. So far......more testing to be done.

@gpixel wrote:

@darlicious it's hard to compare food pics, but it seems your Samsung is taking the better pics...

since the pic on the right is more saturated, I will say left is g7 and right is Samsung 

did I get it right? 🤗

Whichever phone is taking each picture, the pictures on the right, while having more noise, appear more detailed to me and are are in better focus. The pictures on the left don't look in focus to me, the edges too smoothed out, too dark, and lacking detail, but that's just my opinion.

@gpixel 

I wanted to stay within the thread topic and outside is just twenty shades of grey..... and no wrong again. Isnt it amazing what software can overcome? I will give you a better test tomorrow with different lighting conditions when its not so wet outside.

Oh how convenient my roommate just made me dinner....

20201213_170655-COLLAGE.jpg

@darlicious it's hard to compare food pics, but it seems your Samsung is taking the better pics...

since the pic on the right is more saturated, I will say left is g7 and right is Samsung 

did I get it right? 🤗

@gpixel 

I'll be picking your brain on that.....I will most likely want to do that once i put the camera through its paces and I decide what im not happy with.

.....and wrong again. Third times a charm?

20201213_155109-COLLAGE.jpg

@darlicious I think it's time to download the gcam 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/portrait-night-sight-google-camera-port-fully-working.3908735/

the software on the moto g7 doesnt handle the highlights very well

left a3

right moto g7

@gpixel 

Lol....no but its not the best example.....the  moto g7+ camera is better but not as user friendly so its going to take me awhile to learn how it works since I am more of a purist so i work better from a SLR standpoint. Is the software better is the bigger question.

20201213_105431-COLLAGE.jpg

@darlicious 

Moto g7 left

samsung a3 right

So I stocked up on some "money making" noodle bowls this week. Not really my thing but the bf likes them and a whole whack of them will get donated to the food bank. But I thought I would jazz one up for dinner the other night andcwas quite impressed with the quality of instant noodle. @gpixel  you might be interested in the last side by side pic as it has one taken with my galaxy A3 and the other with my new moto g7+. Can you hazard a guess at which is which?

20201212_000549.jpg20201212_004432.jpg20201212_220204-COLLAGE.jpg

Stir fried veggies, and marinated some prawns that i pan fried as well as the scallops....and bacon!!

Bratwurst sausage, sauteed  veggies, cabbage and red potatoes.

20201207_225759.jpg

wildheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ACFC3312-E9F6-4D2D-94CD-9F036F80BCEE.jpeg

Leftovers! Breaded tofu, roasted potatoes & avocado 😋

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Chipless plate....now eat your kale!

Not a problem - there's bacon on there, so that'll make up for the needless nutrition I'd get from the kale. 😉 OTOH, it appears as though there's avocado on there too, in which case I refuse. 🤢

@CFPartDeux 

Chipless plate....now eat your kale!

20201204_010828.jpg

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

Back to pasta......spaghetti bolgnese.

OH MAN, I was all ready to dig in, and that chip out of the plate just turned me off - clearly this is NOT a high class establishment, with a modicum of minimum standards! 😆

Back to pasta......spaghetti bolgnese.20201129_005936.jpg

Love me a big salad 

20201127_011128.jpg

Lol....now there's an idea i wonder if you can get that kind of service thru any of the "big 3" delivery services and What the delivery fee for it would be....?

@darlicious may I please have your menu, so I can order a dish through skip the dishes 👍

Fast food.....ready in 15 minutes. spaghettini carbonara.

20201125_011321.jpg

Now this is a big salad.....

20200613_002152.jpg

I do crave a big salad if i go more than a day or two without one.....

20201121_232359.jpg

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks so delicious!

@JLakerson  @gpixel4 

Ive been cooking since i could walk.....or stand on a chair beside my mom as a toddler. I only use a recipe if im making something unfamiliar. The last time was probably 2 years ago when i made beef wellington for the first time. My old boss used to say I just like to watch..... I generally start with some kind of protein and my tongue decides what it wants to taste and i work with the ingredients I have on hand.

Baking is a science and i always use a recipe with the exception of when i make a pie.

Not bad for my first time!

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

Yummy! Do you make these from scratch or do you follow recipes?

@darlicious looks amazing! *mouth watering 😋. the rice dish 👌and the pasta, wow! looks like you have a passion for cooking 👍

@gpixel 

Ive had chicken week after getting a deal i couldnt resist a literally having no freezer room left to put it in..... last night coq au vin.20201117_225159.jpg

The night before baked penne with chicken and italian vegetables.

20201118_092207-COLLAGE.jpg

Before that was moroccan sesame chicken.

20201113_032314.jpg

The first night was grilled greek style chicken breasts wuth caesar salad and baked potatoes

20201111_012945.jpg

@darlicious oh my goodness! it looks sooo good! that food is fire! 😉😋

@JLakerson  the one by the other poster is likely not one from Quebec but maybe I don't know they never responded. I am going to go with a fake Ontario one.

Standard ones in Quebec (yes I'm in Montreal) are like this.

Lafleurs 2.jpg

The one I posted on my first post and here is another example

o.jpg

It's still curd cheese but what they do is slice the curds and not just big clumps. They are still squeeky like the other poutine pictures with the big curd balls but gives you more of a  better cheese to fry ratio. 

It may not look appeasing but that place is very popular. Been around since 1945 and lineup out the door from lunch time till they close. People drive 2/3 hours from Ontario for it. Heck I drive 20 minute hungover (each way) for it and pass like 10 other places before it 🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.