cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire
     It says.......

Just for fun

Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff?

Head over to The Lounge!

So why is there so many inquiries about phone-stuff, accounts, phone and services in the lounge? The lounge does hold answers that won’t be found. 

13 REPLIES 13

@CountyDownIeUk so you want all non PM service related threads deleted?  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just found. 

Our Community Relationship Agreement
  • Public Mobile has the right to delete and to archive any posts.
  • The Public Mobile Customer Support Agents helps the Community and may delete posts that do not follow guidelines. This may reduce Rewards a member has earned for participation in the Community.

Instead of bull dozing legitimate posts deemed by the community and illegitimate posts deemed by the oracles into the LOUNGE why not follow the “Agreement” and delete or archive and leave the LOUNGE as for what it is designed?

The direction is there! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Exactly. New posts no longer show up on the community page. You can't search for threads. Threads with new posts do not update to the first page like before.....its so hard to find my own threads I just stopped updating them. What"s the point? No one will see them unless you are subscribed to the thread. Its a joke.....its all work and no play around here. The playground has been bulldozed kids!!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

@ShawnC13 

Actually the main reason why I did this post I have failed to explain. I went into the Lounge just to see if there were any posts of what's going on in regards to interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff. All I found was posts moved by oracles. So what is the point to have the lounge if it is proliferated with any thing else other that what one would expect? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Of course I'm being overdramatic....its the lounge after all. What's left of it....so what's the proposed new name? Hodge Podge? Cornucopia? Stuff? Crapola? I'm curious?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk, there is a  section we can move threads or posts to that is out of the public view, that is not what @darlicious  often refers to as the abyss.  It is the Lounge that she calls that.

Moving posts to the lounge is not misuse of power at all, it is one of the tasks that Oracles are asked to do.

A misuse of power could be something like removing all the posts of a banned member that comes back in with a new account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

To be very frank. The  old format of the lounge, in my opinion only, was misused by oracles as well as is, the new description of the Lounge. 

Direction to oracles to the use of the lounge  should be clear cut to the oracle group by @J_PM  and with an appropriate name and description. So we can all be on the same playing field. 

Some will keep bringing it up for the sake of stirring the pot, others want consistency and others are missing good posts in the lounge. From an ISO background the lounge and how the oracles use it is a gong show. 

And I  do believe there is an abyss where some posts go to as every now and then, I check on ones that have been moved and all you get is an error. And if there are some real rotten posts, scam posts, or a broadcast of soliciting of some type.....by all means move to the abyss as the lounge is not the place for that. I don’t believe the abyss is an over statement nor do we see you admitting their is one. 

You say...... we have asked for the Lounge title to be changed to reflect what we were told how the new layout would go.  It hasn't been done yet.  
This has been brought up numerous times over the years and nothing has happened and it should have in the revamp. So I don’t think any one is going to fix it...let’s be honest. So instead of misusing as a dumping ground or a show of power, why not use as described...which would mean....stop using it. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious we have asked for the Lounge title to be changed to reflect what we were told how the new layout would go.  It hasn't been done yet.  Your use of words such as manhandled, graveyard, abyss is such an overstatement.  It is unfortunate that you feel it necessary to constantly berate the Oracles who are only doing something they have been asked to do.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

I'm sorry did you not see the brick wall when you got manhandled into the lounge? Even customers asking for legitimate public mobile support issues get bounced into lounge. Oracles know best don't you know?  The last line of the lounge's description  needs to be changed to "....and anything related to phone stuff that is deemed by oracles to be unworthy of regular "get support" help.

It should be renamed "The Graveyard" where threads go to die.....lost in the abyss. Unsearchable, untaggable, unable to be found. Without updates the lounge is utterly unusable and as a result underwhelming unfortunately. Ugh!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk When the new community layout was released the Get Help main area is for getting help with your Public Mobile Service.  So for example if someone is asking what phone to get for a good camera, that discussion would  take place in the Lounge.

I disagree....a camera would fall under Phone Stuff. 

But it doesn't relate or affect your service with PM and that is what we were told the New Get Help area was for when the new layout was released

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk When the new community layout was released the Get Help main area is for getting help with your Public Mobile Service.  So for example if someone is asking what phone to get for a good camera, that discussion would  take place in the Lounge.

I disagree....a camera would fall under Phone Stuff. 

@LeePublic wrote:

Seems like any conversation that is completely answered (has a solution) or off topic questions are moved to the Lounge. Though you can find interesting topics that may hint at Public's future plans.

@LeePublic threads that are solved do not get moved to the Lounge

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems like any conversation that is completely answered (has a solution) or off topic questions are moved to the Lounge. Though you can find interesting topics that may hint at Public's future plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.