cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria for a day without a car

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi PM family,

I will be in Victoria for the day on Tuesday, March 3rd when my hubby is doing some work stuff there..

Would appreciate some suggestions on where to look around and eat? We will be staying close to the Empress Hotel area.

i hear the Victoria Public Market has lots of places to eat and look around?

thanks for your help in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

Sarlye
Hi @ShawnC13, sorry didn’t see this till now..

Didn’t have as much time as I wanted and will keep all your suggestions for our next trip..

Stayed at the Strathcona Hotel, newly renovated and very comfortable.

Sarlye
@yanzhiqiang it was quick, but very depressing. Most of the businesses were closed. Didn’t have time to try the places suggested as we had to catch the 3pm ferry.

We ate at the Sticky Wicket the night before and the food was decent..

Thanks for asking! 😁

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Too late to answer your questions, How was the day in Victoria?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarlye, how was your day in Victoria??

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ichor

If the water taxies are running, I would walk around the inner harbour to Fishermans wharf, take a water taxi over to Spinikars for lunch, then walk to town back across the blue new bridge (with a possible stop at Foi Epi on the way).  

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sarlye Have fun and enjoy your stay

Sarlye

@YVR wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Sarlye if you like fusion sushi Nubo or ENE both on Douglas and Pandora.

Fish - red fish blue fish is popular

A trip"day trip" to Burchard gardens might be worth while a trip  

Else fisherman's warf some restaurants there, and a walk on Ogden point and beacon Hill park.

@Sarlye fisherman warf has good food choices and is a just a 10min walk from harbour or you could take the water taxi from there also.  Barbs fish and chips is a must have

Here is more information for you to check our ahead if you want. 

https://gvha.ca/marinas-facilities/fishermans-wharf/

There are plenty of great options right near where you are staying for dinner 

@YVR  unfortunately Barb won't open until March 12. I am there tonight and tomorrow.. will have to try them next time. 😋🙏🏻 Thanks for the link!

Sarlye
@will13am Thanks! Added to the list..

Lots of places to review on the ferry ride over..

YVR

You can also get a day bus pass for Victoria for $5 (its cash only payable to the driver). Great way for getting around a bit further if you to explore some of the other places mentioned by others

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I like Foo.  It's a funky little restaurant that serves up pretty good curry dishes.

http://victoria.foofood.ca/

YVR

@mimmo wrote:

Else fisherman's warf some restaurants there, and a walk on Ogden point and beacon Hill park.

T

@Sarlye fisherman warf has good food choices and is a just a 10min walk from harbour or you could take the water taxi from there also.  Barbs fish and chips is a must have

Here is more information for you to check our ahead if you want. 

https://gvha.ca/marinas-facilities/fishermans-wharf/

There are plenty of great options right near where you are staying for dinner 

Sarlye

@mimmo wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions @mimmo, the menu looks interesting. Added to my lists to check out..🙏🏻😋

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sarlye

@ShawnC13
@Sarlye  If you like photography you need to get to the Museum.  Right now there is the exhibit of the wildlife photography pictures of the year and are all amazing.  Unfortunately, the One Tree Exhibit at the Robert Bateman Centre just ended yesterday.  Incredible art all made from the same tree.  Pagliacci's is a great place to eat it is on Broad Street but could be a wait to get in there.  Japanese Village is another great place for lunch on Broughton across from the Main Library.  I have heard there are quite a few places in the Victoria Market but I can say I have never been in there lol.  Don't go downtown a lot and when I do it is to a targeted location so I don't wander around like I did when I was a kid down there.  I hope for some good weather and enjoy this amazing city!! 

Edited to add:  Pink Bicycle on Blanshard is really good as well, all of these are very close to the Empress.

@ShawnC13 thank you for the suggestion, I have been following https://www.wynnepowellphoto.com for wildlife photos so I am sure I will enjoy the exhibition you mentioned at the Royal BC Museum? 

I have a whole day so I won't mind waiting for food if it's good. I will add it all to my lists. Thanks🙏🏻

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarlye wrote:

Hi PM family,

I will be in Victoria for the day on Tuesday, March 3rd when my hubby is doing some work stuff there..

Would appreciate some suggestions on where to look around and eat? We will be staying close to the Empress Hotel area.

i hear the Victoria Public Market has lots of places to eat and look around?

thanks for your help in advance!

@Sarlye  If you like photography you need to get to the Museum.  Right now there is the exhibit of the wildlife photography pictures of the year and are all amazing.  Unfortunately, the One Tree Exhibit at the Robert Bateman Centre just ended yesterday.  Incredible art all made from the same tree.  Pagliacci's is a great place to eat it is on Broad Street but could be a wait to get in there.  Japanese Village is another great place for lunch on Broughton across from the Main Library.  I have heard there are quite a few places in the Victoria Market but I can say I have never been in there lol.  Don't go downtown a lot and when I do it is to a targeted location so I don't wander around like I did when I was a kid down there.  I hope for some good weather and enjoy this amazing city!! 

Edited to add:  Pink Bicycle on Blanshard is really good as well, all of these are very close to the Empress.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.