cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unofficial announcement of the monthly community reward

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement. So use this topic every month to discuss and congratulate your fellow contributors for their hard work before the official announcement goes live within the next few days. I will try my best to move all related topics/replies to this topic. 

As of now, community reward for the month of March 2022 has been paid. Congratulation and keep up the good work!

If you would like to be notified every month, subscribe to this thread, and you will get a notification when someone replies.

673 REPLIES 673

The main thing I like to see in official announcement pages is when we get new blood

For those who get same reward month after month it has less value

We need some new way to score these things

*edit - it also looks like they changed the names / graphics for badges again?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Hmm...leaving aside the question whether that should be done, would oracles even have the ability to do that?  I know they can generally merge duplicate topics, but do they have editing permission to merge regular threads with threads that were created by PM employees?

@SD08No idea, as i mentioned i don't really see a need to merge one thread a month into an ongoing thread.   What's next merging all the lost password threads into one 🙂  

I actually don't mind to seeing  the unofficial posts in their own thread,  but if there was a need then merging the unofficial and official ones would be my preference.  

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Is there really a need for an unofficial announcement topic/posts when PM team for sure will post an official announcement every single month? I do not see any point of celebrating or wishing others congrats more than once for the same thing. If people want to post before the official announcement, use this thread or wait for the official announcement. My goal here is to just keep things organized. 

SD08

@mimmo wrote:

Hmm...leaving aside the question whether that should be done, would oracles even have the ability to do that?  I know they can generally merge duplicate topics, but do they have editing permission to merge regular threads with threads that were created by PM employees?

What a pleasant surprise.  First month on the community website.  Learned a lot from everybody.  Congradulations everyone.  Enjoy the rest of the summer....  

mimmo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah.  Just noticed reward posted to my account.

Congratulations everyone!

Great job.

SD08

@computergeek541 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

nick of time for my renewal, which is scheduled to happen in a couple of hours.

Lucky you.  That means you'll be able to use it right away.  For me, I have to wait all the way until near the end of October.

Yep.  As usual, as I look at my account just after midnight, it's in this momentary state of transition where the rewards have already been converted to available funds, but the renewal payment has not yet been collected.

@computergeek541 wrote:

But, what happened to waiting for the official annoucement as to not spoil the excitement for others waiting for the official annoucement?  Then again, those who don't want to know will soon know just not to open the this thread.  I don't see what the big deal is though since it's no big secret when the rewards get added.  If Public Mobile really wanted to keep things secret, they could/would just hold off on the payments until after the annoucement.  I would expect the one of the Public Mobile employees will be posting the official annoucement on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I made this thread so all discussions from now on will be kept here. Subscribe to this topic and use it to update every month. A single thread is better than spreading the same info on different topics every month. 

@SD08 wrote:

nick of time for my renewal, which is scheduled to happen in a couple of hours.

Lucky you.  That means you'll be able to use it right away.  For me, I have to wait all the way until near the end of October.

I actually noticed that the rewards were in my account some time in th early evening (EDT) on the 6th. 

But, what happened to waiting for the official annoucement as to not spoil the excitement for others waiting for the official annoucement?  Then again, those who don't want to know will soon know just not to open the this thread.  I don't see what the big deal is though since it's no big secret when the rewards get added.  If Public Mobile really wanted to keep things secret, they could/would just hold off on the payments until after the annoucement.  I would expect the one of the Public Mobile employees will be posting the official annoucement on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Contratulations to all. 

SD08

Yes, just in the nick of time for my renewal, which is scheduled to happen in a couple of hours.

Congrats to all.  Robot Happy

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I see that July community rewards have been posted in my account. Looking forward to seeing all of your achievements in the coming announcement 🙂 Congratulations to all!

Need Help? Let's chat.