cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Unofficial announcement of the monthly community reward

Got the usual $2 reward again, great that participating in here rewards me.  Yay!  Smiley Happy

Oracle

@NDesai wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

But, what happened to waiting for the official annoucement as to not spoil the excitement for others waiting for the official annoucement?  Then again, those who don't want to know will soon know just not to open the this thread.  I don't see what the big deal is though since it's no big secret when the rewards get added.  If Public Mobile really wanted to keep things secret, they could/would just hold off on the payments until after the annoucement.  I would expect the one of the Public Mobile employees will be posting the official annoucement on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I made this thread so all discussions from now on will be kept here. Subscribe to this topic and use it to update every month. A single thread is better than spreading the same info on different topics every month. 

Good luck with that unless you have it stickied.  Even then new threads will pop up every month.  

@JL9, thanks for reminding me of that struggle - I finally got the reward, credited to my account balance directly.

As for the July rewards, verified late last night, they showed up for me.  Had to do a double take... was a bit surprising to me... I won't spoil the surprise to be announced later today or this week.

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement. So use this topic every month to discuss and congratulate your fellow contributors for their hard work before the official announcement goes live within the next few days. I will try my best to move all related topics/replies to this topic. 

As of now, community reward for the month of July has been paid. Congratulation and keep up the good work!

Thanks for making this thread! I actually went searching for something like this at the start of the month.

Just got my first community reward, that's a nice perk to being a Public Mobile customer!

So, Self-Serve is having issues this morning.  It's 9:05 EDT, and anything plan related, other than the overview page, is not working.

If you're going in to make changes - give it a bit.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement.

Thanks @NDesai for this post.

Is the reward always paid on the 7th? I had never realized the payout date was constant!

Oracle

@Someone_here wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement.

Thanks @NDesai for this post.

Is the reward always paid on the 7th? I had never realized the payout date was constant!

Yes. On a rare case due to system glitch, it gets delayed. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

People will always jump the gun (from what i have seen in the last 2 years)Still I  I am not sure how moving one thead a month will keep things more organised.  after 3 months this thread will be super long and i think confusing.  everyday we have the same topics posted (password reset, no data, contact mods etc)  if we are talking orginisation then those should be merged as well.  but i think it is PM policy to have multiple threads why is this different? 

And i don't see a point of merging "password reset, no data, contact mods etc" topics into one because those require assistance. If we were to merge, they will get buried somewhere and can be missed. 

I have seen much longer threads and it does not create any confusion as there is a date stamp. 

I have to laugh, the guy who gave me flack because I "couldn't wait" last month starts this one.  Anyways in your examples above why couldn't they be merged then if they all require assistance they need to contact mods.  Couldn't we have a CONTACT mods thread?  Although the no data could be simple like APN settings or run out of data so that could have it's own.

I am with @mimmo and don't see the big issue with one extra thread a month.  I honestly won't even remember this thread come next month as there will be how many 100's/1000's of new threads that we have dealt with in a month.

If we are talking about organization for the forum maybe each forum topic needs sub-forums  but who has time to keep moving threads to the correct sub-forum.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

@ShawnC13, I had to go looking for the notice regarding the reward value changes for last month going forward, as the reward value I saw this morning didn't make sense to me.

I had to scroll for a while, but I did find it.

A large volume of new threads, old threads, and threads that come back to life unexpectedly - Public Mobile has its quirks. 

JL9

And how long did it take before you finally got it @stonechucker?