cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Unofficial announcement of the monthly community reward

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Hmm...leaving aside the question whether that should be done, would oracles even have the ability to do that?  I know they can generally merge duplicate topics, but do they have editing permission to merge regular threads with threads that were created by PM employees?

Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Is there really a need for an unofficial announcement topic/posts when PM team for sure will post an official announcement every single month? I do not see any point of celebrating or wishing others congrats more than once for the same thing. If people want to post before the official announcement, use this thread or wait for the official announcement. My goal here is to just keep things organized. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Hmm...leaving aside the question whether that should be done, would oracles even have the ability to do that?  I know they can generally merge duplicate topics, but do they have editing permission to merge regular threads with threads that were created by PM employees?

@SD08No idea, as i mentioned i don't really see a need to merge one thread a month into an ongoing thread.   What's next merging all the lost password threads into one Smiley Happy  

I actually don't mind to seeing  the unofficial posts in their own thread,  but if there was a need then merging the unofficial and official ones would be my preference.  

Mayor / Maire

The main thing I like to see in official announcement pages is when we get new blood

For those who get same reward month after month it has less value

We need some new way to score these things

*edit - it also looks like they changed the names / graphics for badges again?

Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@SD08No idea, as i mentioned i don't really see a need to merge one thread a month into an ongoing thread.   What's next merging all the lost password threads into one Smiley Happy  

I actually don't mind to seeing  the unofficial posts in their own thread,  but if there was a need then merging the unofficial and official ones would be my preference.  

@mimmo

At first glance, that sounds like a good idea for the purpose of organization, but since the "unofficial announcements" usually have an earlier date than the official announcement, then when the threads are merged, it will look strange indeed that the unofficial announcement along with its replies will precede PM's post at the top of the thread.

Oracle

@kav2001c wrote:

*edit - it also looks like they changed the names / graphics for badges again?

If you are referring to the badges where the reward level percentage appears in the middle of the badge, that was actually changed last month for the June badges already.

Oracle

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Is there really a need for an unofficial announcement topic/posts when PM team for sure will post an official announcement every single month? I do not see any point of celebrating or wishing others congrats more than once for the same thing. If people want to post before the official announcement, use this thread or wait for the official announcement. My goal here is to just keep things organized. 

People will always jump the gun (from what i have seen in the last 2 years)Still I  I am not sure how moving one thead a month will keep things more organised.  after 3 months this thread will be super long and i think confusing.  everyday we have the same topics posted (password reset, no data, contact mods etc)  if we are talking orginisation then those should be merged as well.  but i think it is PM policy to have multiple threads why is this different?

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo

At first glance, that sounds like a good idea for the purpose of organization, but since the "unofficial announcements" usually have an earlier date than the official announcement, then when the threads are merged, it will look strange indeed that the unofficial announcement along with its replies will preceed PM's post at the top of the thread.

good point hadn't thought of that aspect, so that leaves merging of the monthly unofficial threads (which is my personal preference)  or leaving them unmerged.  

In the end its just my opinion and I can only voice it,  others with more seniority will do as they feel best.

Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

People will always jump the gun (from what i have seen in the last 2 years)Still I  I am not sure how moving one thead a month will keep things more organised.  after 3 months this thread will be super long and i think confusing.  everyday we have the same topics posted (password reset, no data, contact mods etc)  if we are talking orginisation then those should be merged as well.  but i think it is PM policy to have multiple threads why is this different? 

And i don't see a point of merging "password reset, no data, contact mods etc" topics into one because those require assistance. If we were to merge, they will get buried somewhere and can be missed. 

I have seen much longer threads and it does not create any confusion as there is a date stamp. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

JL9
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I take it that if the community reward isnt in there now it won't be coming on it's own for July?

For Jume I received top 10%, I am fairly certain that there was more contribution so to not even have top 50% doesnt make much sense to me.

I know @stonechucker had an issue last month in getting any reward even though he was too 5%. Guess I will wait and see.

Oracle

@JL9 wrote:

I take it that if the community reward isnt in there now it won't be coming on it's own for July?

For Jume I received top 10%, I am fairly certain that there was more contribution so to not even have top 50% doesnt make much sense to me.

I know @stonechucker had an issue last month in getting any reward even though he was too 5%. Guess I will wait and see.

@JL9

Just from the numbers, you should have received at least a top 5% reward, since that's what I got, and you were more active than I was for July.  If it's not there by sometime tomorrow, then you should get in touch with the mods.