cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unofficial announcement of the monthly community reward

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement. So use this topic every month to discuss and congratulate your fellow contributors for their hard work before the official announcement goes live within the next few days. I will try my best to move all related topics/replies to this topic. 

As of now, community reward for the month of March 2022 has been paid. Congratulation and keep up the good work!

If you would like to be notified every month, subscribe to this thread, and you will get a notification when someone replies.

673 REPLIES 673

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel wrote:

$20! thanks guys 🥳 congratulations!

I think you mean $15.  $20 is reserved for Oracles.

$20! thanks guys 🥳 congratulations!

*just kidding SD08 🤭 more like half of that. 😁

I think that senile member bumped me off the podium 😯😊

@will13am wrote:

Congrats everyone for supporting the community even if it is unofficial.  

it's not unofficial if all rewarded can see it in the accounts.

popping

Reward in members' account is as good as the official announcement because names are not disclosed at the official announcement thread.

Congrats everyone for supporting the community even if it is unofficial.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go everybody. With the disappearance of gblackma, that top spot might be in a bit of flux.

popping

Congrats to all contributor who received the community reward for September.

Congratulations to the usual suspects and all the first timers receiving a reward. Way to keep the community humming along!

@SD08 wrote:

Community rewards for September have been credited in self-serve.

Congrats to all who received it.

Thanks for letting us know, @SD08 .

Right on! Congrats to all top contributors.

SD08

Community rewards for September have been credited in self-serve.

Congrats to all who received it.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations!

statistician.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@AE_Collector 

Ummmmm.....i dont know when you snuck into my basement to get that pic but I'm pretty sure that's an invasion of privacy......and may 21sr was the last official day except a few of us had found a back door to the leaderboard until @Jb456 opened his.....i mean made sure pm knew of its glitches!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@esjliv 

Definitely NOT...LOL. PM doesn’t want us going to these lengths to figure things out. The Bravos list used to be accessible to view but was removed when ... early this year?

AE_Collector

Yes, this last Spring during all that covid frenzy we had around here with all kinds of newbies with all kinds of useless threads and all kinds of useless posts. That frenzy has since died down...mercifully. It seems to me that it caused the dropping of the leaderboard.

@esjliv :There are some people here that analyze and assess all their activity and others to try to figure out the system and try to make sure they attain a certain level of reward for a certain amount of effort.

There was a time when I was like gblackma. I was also trying to be sure I was on top to get that $15. Not by analyzing and assessing...just hammering away at everything. Now I just plod along doing whatever I feel like and now prefer the surprise on the 6th. I'm still here WAY too much but it's something to do and I like helping people so what the heck. I'm flipping around between different forums that I participate in too.

@esjliv 

Definitely NOT...LOL. PM doesn’t want us going to these lengths to figure things out. The Bravos list used to be accessible to view but was removed when ... early this year?

AE_Collector

Hi @Anonymous, yes I knew about that, thank you. But was not sure if there was a "behind the scenes" method of seeing these stats by calendar month for myself and others.

Now I see the pure grit monthly calculations done by @darlicious - wow! Are sure you are not a PM representative. 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

lol I get a kick out of the chain. Yeah that'll stop them ne'erdowells.

@AE_Collector 

Shhhh....my univac5000 is my cover for my basement mortgage helper I actually replaced all the lights with leds on Christmas lights timer to make it look like it's computing 24 hrs a day. The sheer size of its shell hides my "green house" very effectively.....between that and a 116 year old house with non existent insulation my hydro bill looks quite normal.

@esjliv 

I'm fascinated by stats...not sure WHERE it came from as i was terrible at math in high school maybe it came from all those jays games I've watched.....anyhow as a result after my first month here I started to keep records of monthly stats and once the bravo leaderboard disappeared I've been diligent in recording them at the end of the month. Although I occasionally miss someone or can't account for a newcomer or like yourself who has been here for sometime but i had no baseline for.....so last month you came out of left field! But that's it....old fashioned hand written stat compilation.

No need for all of that.... @darlicious has a Univac 5000 using up valuable Vancouver square footage and making her electric bill look like just another grow-op house.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

Curious, how and where do you see all this of other's stats by month?

@esjliv 

If you hover over your username and wait a second, a pop-up will pop-up showing your stats. Posts, bravos, solutions and eventually badges.

This would be the only way I know (spoiler alert: I don't know everything 🙂 ) to collect stats. We can all get a sense of who is a higher performing contributor. So you collect the few and put together your estimations and calculations and algorithms.

There used to be a bravo leaderboard. That was easier.

Congrats to everyone who recieved an August Community award.  Thanks for all your contributions and solutions.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

I thought you might have squeezed into that top 5% alas there are no solutions for you!

Woot woot thanks PM! And well done everyone else!

esjliv_0-1599477117661.jpeg

Hi @darlicious ,

Curious, how and where do you see all this of other's stats by month?

I was being silly.

@computergeek541 I didn't think you had that in your arsenal. 

i-too-like-to-live-dangerouslys-memeshappen-com-i-too-like-53822025-01.jpeg

🤭

No solutions and little hope. Oh well... I remember looking down from Top 5% a couple of times.  $5 is $5...

@AE_Collector 

I thought you might have squeezed into that top 5% alas there are no solutions for you!

That’s for sure!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

Check your community reward $$ in Self Serve.

I was being silly.

Need Help? Let's chat.