Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Unlimited Data Plans

Unlimited data will be great.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This was apparently 2 weeks ago. Don't really want to re-respond but I would like to point something out and it's very slimy to my eye.

If you were to visit any of the second tier providers (or even first tier) you'd notice that every tablet plan (minus maybe Virgin) is only available to Eligible "Postpaid" customers. This means that they will not accept your request for a tablet plan, which is roughly $50/mo (tablet+plan), unless you are already on their payroll for a phone plan and possibly a loaned phone as well, that itself amounts to roughly $62.15/mo on one of the cheapest plans. Altogether, that's easily over $100/mo.. You tell me if you think that's slimy or just what they felt was right for the customer.

Sure, it's their business, so they say what goes... Well that does not mean I have to "go with it".

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You are ultimately the only one in control of your wallet. If you don't like the offerings of a business then you take your business elsewhere. If enough people don't like what the business offers then the business needs to change or it will fail.

If there's no viable choice then you need to make your own decision as to where you can compromise.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:
The clauses aren't BS, it's just how they've structured the plans.

Too many consumers confuse what they want with what they bought. They don't read the contracts they've signed, they don't bother to compare these terms with those offered by competitors.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With the lack of free wifi hotspots in our area we're in need of unlimited access

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

@srlawren wrote:
The clauses aren't BS, it's just how they've structured the plans.

Too many consumers confuse what they want with what they bought. They don't read the contracts they've signed, they don't bother to compare these terms with those offered by competitors.

@Korth I can't disagree with this.  Typically in the Canadian mobile marketplace, that's actually "safe" to do, since the 1st tiers and 2nd tiers of the big 3 copy each others' changes almost immediately; in other words, if you know something x about carrier y in tier z, the same is probably true about carrier w in tier z.  PM tends to be different than Lucky and Chatr, so that pattern falls apart slightly down here in tier 3.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

We need more people to step up & say that this (high priced plans) is not acceptable, & to actually vote with their wallets.  Rather than renewing & upgrading their overpriced iPhone at regular price & going with the big 3 oligopoly & their top tier plans at the premium price.

No wonder the banking industry is making huge profits too.  Not enough people are saying that $20-$40 per month just to have unlimited access to their own money is unacceptable (which the bank invests, pays for the banks' operations, & ultimately profits off of).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

We need more people to step up & say that this (high priced plans) is not acceptable, & to actually vote with their wallets.  Rather than renewing & upgrading their overpriced iPhone at regular price & going with the big 3 oligopoly & their top tier plans at the premium price.

No wonder the banking industry is making huge profits too.  Not enough people are saying that $20-$40 per month just to have unlimited access to their own money is unacceptable (which the bank invests, pays for the banks' operations, & ultimately profits off of).

Can you say credit union. I long ago left banks behind. Obscene profits that I won't participate in.

People are sold on the latest doodad. But it of course has to be paid for. Not all of those people wish to pay up front for that doodad.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z10user4 couldn't agree more.  I have free accounts at a couple of local credit unions and haven't paid banking fees in years.  

@bluejaywpg how do you propose voting with your wallet when all 3 of the big players all copy each other?  If you're in QC, I guess you could use Vodafone.  If you happen frequent areas with good Freedom Mobile/Shaw Mobility coverage I guess you could try them. But for anyone that needs a reliable national network and doesn't live in QC, the choices are a bit weak.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@z10user4 Just before reading your reply I posted a new thread asking where do you bank.  Another fee-free option is Simplii Financial.

Yup if they need a new device but don't have the cash upfront, it's still a good idea to explore those options 1st.  Though they should consider timing it around Black Friday or Boxing Day since there are usually very good deals, if not the best deals, to be had then.

Need Help? Let's chat.