cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unapproved credit inquiry by Koodo - Pub Mobile

ACME
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a credit inquiry on my credit report authorized by KOODO Mobile on Nov 13, 2019. I have not had an account with Koodo since closing it in 2016. I am trying to get this inquiry removed from my credit file. Koodo says they cannot access my account since I am with Public Mobile, and that I need to resolve this with Public Mobile. I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this. The inquiry was made by Koodo NOT Public Mobile. 

6 REPLIES 6

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Credit polls are always logged (and shared) by the credit-tracking bureaus (Equifax, Transunion, Experian). Once they're on record they're never going away - although they're usually irrelevant 2-3 years later unless they help establish a particularly excellent or particularly awful credit history.

Polls are harmless. Unless there's tons of them in a short time, which the financial institutions assume indicates you are trying to claim or spend credit beyond "normal" parameters.

It's the credit complaints which harm your credit rating. Not the credit polls. From your description, Koodo has not complained. (Or perhaps they have, because when you left them in 2016 you also left an unpaid debt?)

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The best way to contact Koodo is through a private message on Twitter or Facebook. If you still have your old account number it will help.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@ACME as Luddite suggested you need to speak with Koodo. And another option is to speak with Equifax about your credit report and notify Equifax that there was a credit check on your account. Did you apply for a koodo plan around that time? What is the nature of the mark on your credit? Was it an inquiry? You can have a few inquiries a year that will not affect your credit. But if it is more then just an inquiry like they have put a report on your credit file that you were a risk of some sort then you need to get it sorted out right away. 

Another option is to open up a borrowell account and track your credit and have them speak with the credit agencies for you. It's wise to use a service like borrowell anyway just to safeguard yourself from fraud. 

Hope all gets sorted out have an amazing day!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is a prepaid service with no credit checks.

Maybe someone in your family used your credit card with Koodo for a phone or something?

You'd really have to call and speak to them again. Ask for a manager.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ACME contact the moderators( pm customer service) and ask them about it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM is prepaid and never touches your credit report. You will need to persist with Koodo; ask for a supervisor. 

EDIT: to the best of my knowledge 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.