cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Town Hero

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Okay I want to understand but my brain is boggled. 

How am I already a Town Hero? Like for real? I don’t feel I have participated enough to reach this status. Or is it because I’m having too much fun and/ or joy doing this I haven’t realized.

Either way wow. 

Also is Mayor the highest rank you can get?

24 REPLIES 24

fdrcamb519

@brettster99 

@brettster99 wrote:

Okay I want to understand but my brain is boggled. 

How am I already a Town Hero? Like for real? I don’t feel I have participated enough to reach this status. Or is it because I’m having too much fun and/ or joy doing this I haven’t realized.

Either way wow. 

Also is Mayor the highest rank you can get?

Congrats. !!!!!!!!!!!!! Town Hero

👍Congrats @brettster99 . Personally I think that this is the coolest moniker of the lot🎂.

zblackma

Congratulations.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

Congratulations  on your new rank!

brettster99

@Naepalm 

Thank you very much I really do appreciate that you have no idea. Probably not the place but a few years ago I had to disown my uncle after what he did to my mama (Grandma) and her estate. 

I forgiven him for myself and for myself to heal but I do not associate anymore because i don't need toxic people in my life  

@brettster99 you can always reach out to me brother if you need anything. We can zoom call too if your feeling cooped up with not much social interaction. Your doing a great job here and I would say a positive influence. Keep.it up buddy!

@dabr wrote:

@brettster99   Yes, I did wonder if you posted before, but yeah one post two years ago wouldn't be enough to have earned any ranks, but you've more than made up ground over the past few weeks....  😊

I can't remember if it was exactly 2 posts or 5 posts, but that might have been enough for a member to go from New in Town to Great Neighbor. The higher the Community rank, the more difficult it is to achive. New in Town all the way up to Mayor are pretty much automatically ahciveable, assuming that the member has been signed up to Community for about 6 months and has about 1000 posts and 1000 bravos.  That's not the exact criteria, but I believe it to be pretty close for getting to Mayor.

@wetcoaster I think your post was relevant. I think the more active @brettster99 is over the coming months he will rank up. 

@Anonymous I know I have only been here a little while but I can say I totally agree. Like a chevron beside their name of some sort, to show they earned their stripes. 

brettster99

@BearFBI @Naepalm @dabr 

Ah okay. I just been liking being a hermit because the area around me (Bay of Quinte) is packed with people not doing what they are told to do. And being high risk 😕 

We only have 2 ventilators and they are transport ones. So 😞

And a lot of them are mean people coming from outside the county. I avoid them at all costs 

BearFBI

@brettster99 wrote:

@BearFBI 

It could also just be that I am on here basically 24/7 all day and all night. While you jump on when you can lol. You are a functional human being and I'm a sleep-deprived individual 😂

Yeah i used to be on almost 24/7 helping people but the past week ive only been on once in a while. Ive been enjoying the weather and when its not nice outside im usaly spending my time reading posts from  VOIP community's. Im researching a few providers. VoIP.MS and Fongo Home phone seem to be my 2 best options.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@dabr 

Joining the community is independent from when you become a Public Mobile customer. I'm assuming that a lot of PM customers don't have a community profile, and a certain amount ot community members are not Public Mobile customers (either never were, or switched to other providers).

But the distinction between @BearFBI's  and @brettster99's status badge is when they became a community member:

thgc.jpg

Here's a thread with some data points, but some speculation remains about the algorithms of the community board software that triggers the ranking badges (which have zero significance for rewards, BTW):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/highlight/t... 

Edit: And here we go again, taking the time to pull the information together made my post obsolete. Sorry to interfere in your discussion.

@wetcoaster    Not to worry, I actually wondered myself if @brettster99  being on the community for a longer period meant he got the ranks much quicker.  Plus this is the Lounge, so everyone can participate and your link/information is interesting and useful for all of us. 😊

brettster99

@BearFBI 

It could also just be that I am on here basically 24/7 all day and all night. While you jump on when you can lol. You are a functional human being and I'm a sleep-deprived individual 😂

@dabr 

Joining the community is independent from when you become a Public Mobile customer. I'm assuming that a lot of PM customers don't have a community profile, and a certain amount ot community members are not Public Mobile customers (either never were, or switched to other providers).

But the distinction between @BearFBI's  and @brettster99's status badge is when they became a community member:

thgc.jpg

Here's a thread with some data points, but some speculation remains about the algorithms of the community board software that triggers the ranking badges (which have zero significance for rewards, BTW):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/highlight/t... 

Edit: And here we go again, taking the time to pull the information together made my post obsolete. Sorry to interfere in your discussion.

@brettster99 wrote:

@dabr @BearFBI 

I started my community account two years ago as soon as I signed up for public mobile and asked 1 question back then and that was it.

It was the last 3 weeks to 1 month ago when I started to actually contribute regularly (as I haven't done much if anything before) And I been trying my best to help ever since. 

And Armando is right when he hasn't seen me because I only started recently 

@brettster99   Yes, I did wonder if you posted before, but yeah one post two years ago wouldn't be enough to have earned any ranks, but you've more than made up ground over the past few weeks....  😊

brettster99

@dabr @BearFBI 

I started my community account two years ago as soon as I signed up for public mobile and asked 1 question back then and that was it.

It was the last 3 weeks to 1 month ago when I started to actually contribute regularly (as I haven't done much if anything before) And I been trying my best to help ever since. 

And Armando is right when he hasn't seen me because I only started recently 

@BearFBI wrote:

@dabr I participated right when I joined and created my community account. Haven't stopped since. I dont know about @brettster99 but I don't remember seeing him around when I first started. 

@BearFBI   Thanks for confirming, it's just that I noticed @brettster99  has been with PM since Sept/2018, so I'm not sure if he participated originally and then dropped off and may have had a head start on the community ranks, or just has been more active recently and has reached whatever the requisite number of posts, solutions etc that go into earning these ranks.  Although, we know these ranks are meaningless but kind of fun too and I guess you notice them more when you first start participating.

BearFBI

@dabr I participated right when I joined and created my community account. Haven't stopped since. I dont know about @brettster99 but I don't remember seeing him around when I first started. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@brettster99 Wow. Im not even a Town Hero yet. Congratulations 👏 

@brettster99  Congrats on getting a new "fun" community rank!  😊

@BearFBI   I'm not sure when you activated your account, but I'm wondering if you get to move more quickly up the community ranks if you have been with PM longer, but maybe only started participating on the forum a little while ago.  Or it could be @brettster99  participated before and then dropped off before coming back and was already near Town Hero rank. 

I'm not sure, just guessing as his profile shows he's been a customer for a while 😊

BearFBI

@brettster99 Wow. Im not even a Town Hero yet. Congratulations 👏 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You've been pretty active so maybe I'm not surprised. Mayor is the highest rank for us mere mortals. Oracles are appointed.

There was some discussion a while ago when a couple Oracles stepped down and maybe some kind of status for them. But they just step down from the clouds into being a lowly Mayor again. They get to keep the nifty avatar though.

When I decided to step down, these talks were still around.  I'll be free soon. 😉 

I think it's only fitting what with the work you folks do. While Martin kinda had to stop breathing to get to be Legend...I'm fine with that. Before my time though. So for those Oracles that decide to step down for whatever honourable reason...they should get some after recognition other than just the avatar.

@Anonymous wrote:

You've been pretty active so maybe I'm not surprised. Mayor is the highest rank for us mere mortals. Oracles are appointed.

There was some discussion a while ago when a couple Oracles stepped down and maybe some kind of status for them. But they just step down from the clouds into being a lowly Mayor again. They get to keep the nifty avatar though.

When I decided to step down, these talks were still around.  I'll be free soon. 😉 

yanzhiqiang

Congratulations!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.