Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors 2021 - The Lounge

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations this month! 

We'd like to encourage community members to congratulate other members and share comments under this thread. However, we will keep the Top Contributors announcement featured.

Thanks again for all your amazing support! 😁

- Public Mobile Team 

150 REPLIES 150

@jib_tech 

Nope were still waiting. Maybe after the brand new community is revealed after January 4th.

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Still no badges awarded for November?

@computergeek541 

Well really that whole fiasco started because my skipped month occurred on my first renewal that landed on the 7th of September followed by my second renewal on the 7th of October. I don't recommend activating on the 8th of the month.....lol....especially if it's a Thursday!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I didn't say the community reward would be skipped just the billing cycle can be skipped but you will still recieve all community rewards that you have earned. Exactly as @dabr has described happening recently to them.

I misunderstood.  Public Mobile still hasn't fixed the quote feature.  I thought that you were speaking of the time that your Community reward replaced that of the previous month before it was transfered to your balance.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dabr it will also depend on when you activate as to how many months it will take for this to affect you.  With the rewards being issued on a standard date and the renewal is a dynamic date. 

@ShawnC13    Yes, that's what I had already thought as well with the renewal happening every 30 days and the CR being issued once a month. 

Edit:  It's not really a big deal as long as they get added to my account..

@dabr it will also depend on when you activate as to how many months it will take for this to affect you.  With the rewards being issued on a standard date and the renewal is a dynamic date. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Ok got it now....so you have recieved the community rewards due to you but you have finally hit the one month per 5 years that the community reward skips. This will occur eventually for every member if they earn a community reward for every month in a 5 year span. In reality pm should just ensure that the community reward is applied in members accounts on the same date every month to avoid any doubling up of rewards and ensuring that only one month will ever be skipped every 5 years.

I'm happy now that my renewal date/community reward application date issue occurred on my first 2 months as a community member and the application of the reward won't be an issue again for another 3 years.

@darlicious    Hmm....I've been participating in the community for just over 2.5 years, but yeah I'm not missing the rewards, it's just that they're being applied a month later than normal.

@computergeek541 

I didn't say the community reward would be skipped just the billing cycle can be skipped but you will still recieve all community rewards that you have earned. Exactly as @dabr has described happening recently to them.

@darlicious 

While the Community reward doesn't arrive in time for some renewals, if doesn't get skipped. The occurance that happened to you was a glitch with yoir specific account.  Community rewards for more than one month can and do get added together for some renewals resulting in a greater discoint for those renewals.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Public mobile's plans are 30 days. The community reward is given out monthly. There are 60 months in a 5 year period but 60.83 /30 day cycles. Eventually you will have a 30 day billing cycle that the community reward will skip since it is awarded monthly.

🤔

So mark the calendar for that month to go on a hiatus!

@esjliv 

Public mobile's plans are 30 days. The community reward is given out monthly. There are 60 months in a 5 year period but 60.83 /30 day cycles. Eventually you will have a 30 day billing cycle that the community reward will skip since it is awarded monthly.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Ok got it now....so you have recieved the community rewards due to you but you have finally hit the one month per 5 years that the community reward skips. This will occur eventually for every member if they earn a community reward for every month in a 5 year span.

Why does this happen?

@hTideGnow sorry no additional update yet

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@hTideGnow there was an update that Khoros did that has affected the way the badges went out.  They are working on a fix and an announcement should follow once the badges have been issued

@ShawnC13   Almost end of month, still no update to the Khoros issue? Or this is something wont fix soon as waiting for Khoros to release a fix?

@t_p 

Not necessarily....

@dabr 

Ok got it now....so you have recieved the community rewards due to you but you have finally hit the one month per 5 years that the community reward skips. This will occur eventually for every member if they earn a community reward for every month in a 5 year span. In reality pm should just ensure that the community reward is applied in members accounts on the same date every month to avoid any doubling up of rewards and ensuring that only one month will ever be skipped every 5 years.

I'm happy now that my renewal date/community reward application date issue occurred on my first 2 months as a community member and the application of the reward won't be an issue again for another 3 years.

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

Go high.

@darlicious 

Awww...you spoiled my surprise..!😞

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@t_p wrote:

@dabr 

That's the way it's done, and at least you have the reward in your account (you got it on Dec 8th too?)

I have zilch, nuthin', nada..!

The issue has been escalated to the boss, waiting for updates  🙄

@t_p    Yes my issue is delayed Community rewards and you've obviously been shortchanged altogether....good to hear your issue has been properly escalated..

@darlicious  wrote:

"If your community reward was applied late in November (October's reward) then do you not have a double community reward in your account now? (October and November's community reward?)"

@darlicious    No, I haven't received any doubling of community rewards. 

Looking at my payment history I got the Sept. CR applied for Oct. payment, then nothing was applied for the Nov. payment as the Oct. reward appeared day after my payment date that month.  So the Oct. CR was applied against the Dec. payment and the Nov. CR is sitting in My Rewards and will obviously go towards the Jan. payment.  Maybe the Dec. CR will be deposited before Jan. payment date (I doubt it) and then I will finally have the double CR.   However, my guess is it's going to take a few months before I see the doubling of CR to happen based upon the monthly CR allocation and the 30 day payment cycle.  We'll see...

@AE_Collector  wrote:

"Do you mean like 2.5 years ago or so when that happened and they said “We messed up, our loss is your gain?” That was right in the middle of my 5 months of not receiving the actual $ credit so while they did eventually retroactively fix my glitch and credit the $ amount to my account, they didn’t credit me the messed up double amount.

You win some but I lose most of them…."

@AE_Collector   Nope, I mean from about 2.5 months ago when my payment date got ahead of the Community Rewards.  

But yeah, I do remember you had some missing CR issue and that it took awhile before you were able to get it resolved.

@t_p 

Go high.

@darlicious 

Whether the reward is 10 or 5, I don't really care, I just won't accept that it's 0! 😛

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous    Yes, I'm hoping eventually there will be a doubling up of the community rewards since the one reward cycle was missed in October... 

Do you mean like 2.5 years ago or so when that happened and they said “We messed up, our loss is your gain?” That was right in the middle of my 5 months of not receiving the actual $ credit so while they did eventually retroactively fix my glitch and credit the $ amount to my account, they didn’t credit me the messed up double amount.

You win some but I lose most of them….

AE_Collector

@t_p 

Since you have had a community reward applied previously then you need the tech team to look for the glich affecting the application of your community reward. The problem is compounded this month by the delay of the badges being awarded to members as this is the only way a member has an indication that they earned a reward unless they are a regular contributor that can gauge their typical contribution level.

(I can tell you what your likely missing reward level is if you don't already think you know what you are missing....at this rate the December reward may get applied to your self serve account before we ever know November's badge recipients!)

The usual way a new member that gets missed ( but doesn't know it) and I can spot the discrepancy is if their contribution level was high enough for me to start tracking them. Then if no badge is awarded the Univac 5000 can spit out their likely earned badge. The most common reason for a badge not being awarded (and reward not showing up in the self-serve account) is the community member has not verified their community account email address after created their community account or changing its email address.

But currently I think there is a larger glitch affecting rewards in general causing random glitches for some customers. My last renewal when I was expecting no rewards to be applied at all to due one of my accounts due to the use of lost/stolen instead half of my rewards were applied upon renewal. My loyalty and referral rewards were applied but my community and autopay rewards were not. The CSA told me after the tech team ticket was closed that the glitch was isolated to my account alone. But perhaps that is just because there is no tracking of a larger incidence of random reward glitches?

@dabr 

If your community reward was applied late in November (October's reward) then do you not have a double community reward in your account now? (October and November's community reward?)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@t_p     Hopefully, CSA Silvio gets this sorted for you.  

It definitely gets murkier if the community reward is  paid day after your payment date too as now I'm running one month behind with how the rewards (community) get applied since I got no community reward for the October payment (Sept. reward) but which was instead  applied to the November payment.   So my current community reward (Nov. I think, but no badge) is pending and will be used towards the Jan. payment. 

Maybe I'll try do something about it next month when I have more time...not sure though since the reward is allocated but just being applied one month later than normal.

@dabr 

That's the way it's done, and at least you have the reward in your account (you got it on Dec 8th too?)

I have zilch, nuthin', nada..!

The issue has been escalated to the boss, waiting for updates.🙄

@Anonymous    Yes, I'm hoping eventually there will be a doubling up of the community rewards since the one reward cycle was missed in October... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : Yes once the renewal has floated up to lower single digits then it will seem like a whole month to get it converted into Available Funds at that next renewal. But if it's happening around your renewal then you're still entitled to it. You earned it. It might even double up and you get paid twice the next time. But it's only the proper earnings...just looks like doubled.

So going back a few months the renewals could have been closer to the 6th, 7th, 8th of the month time frame as @Anonymous mentioned. Since the Community reward is monthly while renewals run on a 30 day cycle, the time will come where anything can happen at renewal. Sooner or later there will be a m9nth with no community reward.

A couple of years ago while I received a community reward, nothing ever landed in my account. This went on for five months before being fixed and it appeared to be a capital letter in my email in the community while that letter wasn’t a capital in Self Serve. That’s all it took even though case doesn’t matter in actual emails. PM is just using the email address to tie two things together and unfortunately have or had it set to be case sensitive.

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@t_p     Hopefully, CSA Silvio gets this sorted for you.  

It definitely gets murkier if the community reward is  paid day after your payment date too as now I'm running one month behind with how the rewards (community) get applied since I got no community reward for the October payment (Sept. reward) but which was instead  applied to the November payment.   So my current community reward (Nov. I think, but no badge) is pending and will be used towards the Jan. payment. 

Maybe I'll try do something about it next month when I have more time...not sure though since the reward is allocated but just being applied one month later than normal.

@Anonymous wrote:

@t_p: When is your renewal? Things can get a little messy when the renewal is around the reward distribution. And that can sometimes vary.

Yeah there seems to be a new crew of CSA's. If you can get the old timers then they get it.

@Anonymous  Dec 2nd. I got the October reward applied on that date. Previous months have no problem either, the renewals all fall during first week of the month but before community rewards are granted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@t_p: When is your renewal? Things can get a little messy when the renewal is around the reward distribution. And that can sometimes vary.

Yeah there seems to be a new crew of CSA's. If you can get the old timers then they get it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pkaraa : So you can direct the community account to either account. But those addresses need to match. It's obviously easier from the community side than asking to change the self-serve side.

Need Help? Let's chat.