cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors December 2019 - Oops..... Snow Pictures NOW!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

11E089C5-123E-4E98-91A8-8953D33850CD.jpeg

31 REPLIES 31

@Tav wrote:

The engine bay in my car after we had 90+cm of snow and 130+km/h windsThe engine bay in my car after we had 90+cm of snow and 130+km/h winds

Will all that snow under the hood melt without damaging anything?  The 130 km/hr winds alone would be bad enough even on a bright sunny day, never mind about all that snow.

@darlicious wrote:

@Tav  Seems weird to give you a bravo....but holy corolla!

But it is a Hyundai not a Toyota lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Tav  Seems weird to give you a bravo....but holy corolla!

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The engine bay in my car after we had 90+cm of snow and 130+km/h windsThe engine bay in my car after we had 90+cm of snow and 130+km/h winds

I'm on it....Yum!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Can you please grab the beer nuts?Screenshot_20200119-194207.png

@Darkebane  This is a storm you won't soon forget just like the one when I was 10. It's great to see neighbourhoods pulling together, friends and family supporting each other and just mounds and mounds of snow. Shout to my old buds....Donnie MacNeil, Randy Tavernor and Chris Taylor I hope you boys are keeping it together!

Darkebane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't take that picture, it was one posted in a group I'm in about the current storm. 

But it looks like a long driveway to me. 

Here's a slideshow someone did with pictures posted from the storm. 

Snowmageddon2020 slide show.  

P.s. We are currently getting another 20 - 35cm on top of the 93cm that fell Friday night /Saturday 

@Darkebane Is that supposed to be cleared sidewalk?  It looks more like walking under a bridge overpass.

@Darkebane   OMG!! You definitely have got the best pics featuring snowy winter scenes. From nonexistent highways, homes and streets to the doorway to nowhere and the corridor created once you shovel your way out. That is a crazy amount of drifting snow!

I remember once as a kid getting dumped on when we lived near petawawa and my dad was stationed on the Sinai peninsula. It was the day of the winter carnival at school so we were super excited to go but when got up t was eerily dark in the house....because the snow was almost up to the eaves. There was a couple of inches of light coming in from the windows and back door looked like the one in the pic and the front not much better. The neighbours helped shovel off the roof and used a snowblower to meet my mom at the driveway as she shoveled the snow way over her head from the front door. Us three girls thought the whole thing was neat but I can only imagine my mom doing this all on her own.

Thanks for posting.....and skidoo careful eh!

Darkebane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some pics of #snowmageddon2020 here in St john's, Newfoundland.

FB_IMG_1579441234150.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441286008.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441252209.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441225178.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441199325.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441179277.jpg

FB_IMG_1579441206418.jpg

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  That was a green lawn only a few days ago?  The perfect time for a walk in the newly fallen slow with city silent except for your footsteps.

It was a green lawn at 10am when the snow started to fall.  If I was a little younger I will go and make snow angels.  Since I am not a kid, I will don my grumpy face and go out to shovel once it stops in a couple of hours.  

@will13am  You have no idea how disappointing it is to have snow and not be allowed to toboggan. Then again if I did I could skip a 10 month waitlist and get some emergency surgery. But that's a very painful decision to make.Gotta make it between the fenceposts.

Can you beat the size of my icicles though?20200115_085609.jpg20200115_085743.jpg20200115_085852.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  That was a green lawn only a few days ago?  The perfect time for a walk in the newly fallen slow with city silent except for your footsteps.

It was a green lawn at 10am when the snow started to fall.  If I was a little younger I will go and make snow angels.  Since I am not a kid, I will don my grumpy face and go out to shovel once it stops in a couple of hours.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The surveillance video says it is pretty bad out.  

Screenshot_20200118-174235.png

Not as bad as you had, but enough to keep me in by the fire. Robot surprised

IMG_20200118_164726.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

It's a judgement call if/when to move posts/threads to the lounge, or remove them from view entirely. PM has the final say and, so far, has not objected to any relocations done by the Oracles.

On the other hand, we each differ in our sensitivities as to socializing versus technical discussions, and PM does seem willing to encourage some socializing hence the Lounge.

On this particular discussion, I would prefer the whole Top Contributor thread be in the Lounge. Except for Oracles I have objected, and continue to object, to posting names of individuals and their ranking every month.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I would also move posts if i saw this happening in a random threads. We don't want people to get carried away in a thread and start a whole new discussions. The Lounge section was not there originally. We requested to add it just for this purpose. When you post a pic or anything unrelated to the topic, be sure to know that this will not stretch the thread with useless info to what OP is trying to get answer for. So let's not go any further regarding this issue. Be gentle and helpful as that is what we are all here for. 

@ShawnC13  I don't disagree with posts being moved to the appropriate area. Threads can easily go off topic and only Oracle's can move them. I understand that. It's  your disapproving tone and need to constantly admonish members for the smallest infractions that i have a problem with... have a sense of humour once in awhile. I'm not the only one you have perturbed. Im just the only one willing to say something about it.Try to be a little more welcoming. You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

@darlicious  first it wasn't me who moved it here and the comments of standing outside the principal office for breaking the rules (or whatever it was) seems like a personal shot at whoever moves your post to the correct area.  Nobody has ever asked you to reduce your community involvement there just is the appropriate place for everything.  In our recent Oracle Connect conference call Forum organization was a topic and how peoples issues get lost in pages and pages of back and forths in the thread with it getting so far off-topic that no one even knows what the thread was started for.  A post where someone asks about their number showing up as a US number quickly jumps to seat sales to warmer climates and transportation options to the airports.  The lounge is a great place for all of these discussions and pictures oh how beautiful the snow looks on the Mountains I enjoy them they just need to be in the right place that is all.  So I don't understand when something gets moved to the appropriate location you take it as a punishment and it has to become a big show.

ETA  How does jumping so far off of a topic when someone is looking for help calm the customer and help them out? 

@darlicious wrote:

Often filled with angry and frustrated customers that can take it out on us.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thanks @ShawnC13  don't get that satin hall monitor sash in a twist! A little levity, humour and sharing go a long way in making the community a warm, welcoming place. Often filled with angry and frustrated customers that can take it out on us. Other customers willing to take time out of our lives to help others. If its not an enjoyable experience then the volunteerism on the community will suffer because we all know were not in it for the monetary rewards. This forum is successful and in turn public mobile because of the humanism. Otherwise we would have a bunch of Simon clones run by you manning the community portal filled with stock answers and " I am not a moderator."

I'll call in your circle of your equals for their opinion and if the consensus is we are out of line with our silliness I can assure you we will dial back our personalities and keep our participation to a minimum on the community and strictly to customer service requests for help. I'll post one more pic since it might be my last. Please enjoy... @AE_Collector  @iPhoneUser  @computergeek541  @mimmo @SD08 @Luddite @stonechucker @NDesai  your opinions are needed. Thx

20200116_161200.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser   You can join @AE_Collector  and I outside the principals office as we snicker about getting suspended for an unofficial snow day....? Followed by shovelling the walk.

Your reference to school situations so fits your posts.  Just will post this in the same type of language, you weren't suspended if you were you wouldn't be able to post you have been just told to go play on the playground where this sort of thing is supposed to be.

@iPhoneUser   You can join @AE_Collector  and I outside the principals office as we snicker about getting suspended for an unofficial snow day....? Followed by shovelling the walk.

20200115_211348.jpg

Hi everyone. This discussion about pictures has been moved to the Lounge as being off-topic for the thread that they were posted in and are also not related to the Public Mobile service. Thanks.

iPhoneUser

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  Uh oh looks like we're in trouble again. I'll see you at the principals office. If we get suspended do you want to meet at cowboy hill with our toboggans? Id post a pic but.....you can see one in the contest thread from @carlaspapa .

Edit:  You can come too @iPhoneUser 

Why are those pics not allowed?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector  Uh oh looks like we're in trouble again. I'll see you at the principals office. If we get suspended do you want to meet at cowboy hill with our toboggans? Id post a pic but.....you can see one in the contest thread from @carlaspapa .

Edit:  You can come too @iPhoneUser 

iPhoneUser

Maple Ridge.Maple Ridge.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  :):):)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Seriously there is no need to post pictures of snow in this thread.  I know it is a rarity for us on the southern West coast but really come on.  We have the lounge.  Can you imaging of the prairies or the rest posted about snow that is all we would see from October to may

Need Help? Let's chat.