cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Tipping

@DL888 wrote:

Quick question for you guys...when tipping do you tip base on the sub-total or the grand total which include tax?

Sub-total.

@darlicious: nice to read the perspective. I don't see it as the same as commissioned sales. That's the employer rewarding the sales person for succeeding at their job. The sales person could do barely anything and still get that base wage. Of course the employer might have something to say about that.

I'm amazed how the tip gets divided out to the rest of the place. Yes I understand that the server has a whole support team making the meal show up for delivery and after-clean-up. But they don't have to deal with the customers. I think it's terrible that the employer will take their own cut too. This is the problem I have with being served (in any serving scenario) by the proprietor abd feeling compelled to tip. I don't like it but I do. It's that they're making all the profit. Why should they get free money?

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Most commissioned salespeople get very low (often minimum) wage

Sales quotas must be made to get any kind of living wage

@z10user4 wrote:

@DL888 wrote:

Quick question for you guys...when tipping do you tip base on the sub-total or the grand total which include tax?

Sub-total.

@darlicious: nice to read the perspective. I don't see it as the same as commissioned sales. That's the employer rewarding the sales person for succeeding at their job. The sales person could do barely anything and still get that base wage. Of course the employer might have something to say about that.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

See what you did with those Tipping talk I have to watch Reservoir Dogs again...