cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Then what's Oracles for?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Probably going to get in trouble for this post but..then what's Oracle's for? Maybe you guys can list?

Some:

•  Edit, transfer, merge posts
  • Others are active doing above point and answering / correcting questions
  • Some hardly post and do neither of the above points.
  • Some are rarely doing anything at all.
  • Some put there own politics or condenscending twist on things

So is it just be here for a few years, be very active, detailed posts, and earn this status and then just sit back and collect a free $20 for 6 months until the next PM review?

Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to be smart nor am I trying to make comments talking down to you guys. We all appreciate what you do and I appreciate what you do. 

I am just curious. Because the last round when two stepped down one of them was not active for almost 3 months but still collected the $20. Looking at it today, some do actually transfer/merge, some transfer when it suits them, some don't do much at all. So seems to me no one's on the same page.....

Maybe PM should open up the $20 for everyone, you guys keep your status a privilege of being able to merge/edit/transfer posts and battle it out with @gblackma  for one of the top $20 spots. 

Sorry @gblackma for including you in this. Whether some frown upon all your Bravo's or others that congradulate you then turn around and talk bad about you. You do a darn good job every day helping posters with questions. Detailed, concise, polite and you have no issues of continuing to follow up on the thread with the OP until the issue is resolved. I think you deserve to hit the $20 mark and it not should just be for Oracles that are rarely on and rarely post. For you it doesn't matter if I log on at 5am in the morning or 9pm.. you're always postings.. and if the Oracle's won't tell you. I will!!. You are doing an outstanding job and I am sure PM appreciates all the work you put in.

15 REPLIES 15

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai @computergeek541 @Luddite @ShawnC13 and to the other oracles.

This might not be the place but I for one appreciate all the work you guys do both on the community and behind the scenes. You all work hard to help others here and communicating with PM. I want to thank you for everything because o know I been helped my every one of you at least once and you all deserve the hugest reward and gratitude from everyone 

@gblackma You sir are one of the most active helpers on the community and I also want to say thank you for the time you put in to helping others. I see you basically everywhere and you have also helped me a ton as well. So thanks again for everything and I do hope one day all the hard work helping others pays off for you. Either here or in person.

Thank you

👍😁Man of Lamancha. 😁👍

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite 

Are those cell towers and antennas in distress that you the Knights in shining armour are rescuing? 🙂

Those are Telus offices! Gotta rescue the PM team.

What are you rescuing them from?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite 

Are those cell towers and antennas in distress that you the Knights in shining armour are rescuing? 🙂

Those are Telus offices! Gotta rescue the PM team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Our role:

william windmills.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Let me add my few crypro cents as i've been here for a long time along with one other Oracle and a few other retired Oracles. This community has always set its course to help others and learn while you help. This was the way when I got started and many others after that. Of course, we predicted for more traffic on the community, but did not plan for competition. Everyone's goal should be to solely help others. As many of us say, if you are here just for the community rewards, you are wasting your time. As for praising other members to achieve an unbelievable level, believe it or not, we see it. We also see a potential hold up of new comers as top level of contribution continues to skyrocket and that makes some of you forget about what other senior members did in the past. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456  you may be mad that this was broken off and put in the lounge but it was.

I think your comments are very unfair and uninformed as to what goes on.  The Oracles are doing much more than posting in the community.  If there are two posts with the right information why add to it?  So you won't see the hours Oracles spend in the community reading through threads trying to ensure that correct information is presented and adding to a conversation when a bit more info could be required.  Continual interaction with the PM management on what is going on in the community how to make things better what is working and so on.  To solely base an Oracles "worthiness" of the $20 community reward is ridiculous.  Not everything is about Post counts and how many bravos you have.  My actual yearly bravo amount is way down per year from what it was prior to being an Oracle as there are more things to look into in the community and more ensuring that we (community) are providing great service for PM and the other customers that come here for help.

As for the last 2 Oracles that stepped down both made their decisions well known to PM. 

Bold Text was edited after initial post for better wording

+1.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. Another one of these threads.

Look...we have a pretty good thing here. Do some work here and get a reward. Maybe do lots of work and get the most on offer. Maybe have a cheap plan and now it's free (at the cost of your time of course).

Becoming an Oracle is out of our hands. I don't know what actual reviewing goes on. We don't know if they step down for performance or just personal reasons. So just let it be. We can't control it.

If you're here JUST for the reward then you're in the wrong business.

Don't abuse the system. The company could invent all sorts of things to change to make it even less worth it monetarily speaking. We can still get that kick in the brain of satisfaction for helping people. Would we see a crowd head for the exits if the rewards dropped or were even harder to attain? You betcha. Would that be a detriment to the community? Of course. But as has been going on the last while...it's an abuse of the system.

So my advice is to just keep your head down, leave the system to do its thing "organically", participate whenever you like and let the chips fall where they may on or about the 6th of each month.

There's just no point in getting all up in arms over the slightest slight.

Anyway...I blather. 🙂

I will add one small salient point to all this.  To want to join the team means getting along with the team.  All the oracle bashing is potentially career limiting.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @Jb456 . I got you into a few of these discussions too.  PM sets the rules, I'm okay with them.

There were 3 out of the 6 Oracle's that would edit posts and remove personal information posted by mistake within the community. There's now only 2 left now. People's information will be at more risk now.

@computergeek541 as I said previously. I'm sorry to see you step down. When you correct an incorrect  post, you made it into a teaching/ learning experience. And you were even handed in removing innappropiate threads. It's going to be interesting, at least for me,  seeing you down here with us now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. Another one of these threads.

Look...we have a pretty good thing here. Do some work here and get a reward. Maybe do lots of work and get the most on offer. Maybe have a cheap plan and now it's free (at the cost of your time of course).

Becoming an Oracle is out of our hands. I don't know what actual reviewing goes on. We don't know if they step down for performance or just personal reasons. So just let it be. We can't control it.

If you're here JUST for the reward then you're in the wrong business.

Don't abuse the system. The company could invent all sorts of things to change to make it even less worth it monetarily speaking. We can still get that kick in the brain of satisfaction for helping people. Would we see a crowd head for the exits if the rewards dropped or were even harder to attain? You betcha. Would that be a detriment to the community? Of course. But as has been going on the last while...it's an abuse of the system.

So my advice is to just keep your head down, leave the system to do its thing "organically", participate whenever you like and let the chips fall where they may on or about the 6th of each month.

There's just no point in getting all up in arms over the slightest slight.

Anyway...I blather. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jb456  you may be mad that this was broken off and put in the lounge but it was.

I think your comments are very unfair and uninformed as to what goes on.  The Oracles are doing much more than posting in the community.  If there are two posts with the right information why add to it?  So you won't see the hours Oracles spend in the community reading through threads trying to ensure that correct information is presented and adding to a conversation when a bit more info could be required.  Continual interaction with the PM management on what is going on in the community how to make things better what is working and so on.  To solely base an Oracles "worthiness" of the $20 community reward is ridiculous.  Not everything is about Post counts and how many bravos you have.  My actual yearly bravo amount is way down per year from what it was prior to being an Oracle as there are more things to look into in the community and more ensuring that we (community) are providing great service for PM and the other customers that come here for help.

As for the last 2 Oracles that stepped down both made their decisions well known to PM. 

Bold Text was edited after initial post for better wording

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 I am surprised your stepping down. You do a great job and are one of the oracles that Inhave seen on here often. With thenexception of Wil13am, ShawnC, Luddite, mimmo, Nesdai. If there are more oracles then you and those  5 I dont know them nor have I seen them. Not sure if there is a list somewhere so we know who is who? 

@computergeek541  Thank you for the explanation.

Again I was not trying to be rude just trying to understand. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

@Jb456 wrote:

So is it just be here for a few years, be very active, detailed posts, and earn this status and then just sit back and collect a free $20 for 6 months until the next PM review?

I am just curious. Because the last round when two stepped down one of them was not active for almost 3 months but still collected the $20. Looking at it today, some do actually transfer/merge, some transfer when it suits them, some don't do much at all. So seems to me no one's on the same page.....

The are checks in places for maintaining Oracle status. However, I can't get into that.

For reasons that Oracles step down, it wouldn't be fair for me to speak as to the reason of others. However, I can say that for the example of one of them receiving an Oracle reward while not logging in for 3 months, there might have been some misunderstanding between that member and Public Mobile about his intention of staying in or leaving that position.  That's partly the reason that I am making it very clear to everyone that I have stepped down.

Need Help? Let's chat.