cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The prepaid $13 plan is back....that is if you were on the old $10 plan😀

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

😀😀With Telus that is😀😀

The $10 plan moves to $13 every 30 days. I used to pay $100 a year for same monthly service and saved a few dollars...but kind of locks you in. So likely a 1 year option to save a few dollars may no longer be. This plan (Starter 10) is no longer offered.....lowest prepaid plan at Telus is $15. 

This plan ($10 now $13) offers:

Local calls inbound/outbound 50 

Texts inbound/outbound 50

After all calls are used up there is a per minute call charge of 15 cents a minute. 

All LD calls are 50 cents more a minute plus another 50 cents a minute to USA. 

Add ons available.....not sure....but would say no. 

Autopay used to be taken first and balance was untouched. Early this year they changed to pull funds from balance first then your payment set up. 

Losing a balance is inconvenient as when you used all your minutes or wanted to call LD or use data, your funds in your balance were used. 

Data works and is expensive and they will put a data block on your account, free. 

FC36599C-7AA9-4B2C-8B5E-F66A57644F16.jpeg

I am sure glad I came to PM and maybe this change will see more coming to PM. Looks like the Starter 10 plan was grandfathered...with an increase. 

======

The new $15 TELUS PREPAID plan includes a more modern level of service.

The $15 plan is now the lowest priced Telus prepaid mobile plan (but is there a loyalty plan?)

Nation Wide Talk and Text 15

$15/30 daysRead legal footnote3

Talk

100 anytime nationwide minutesRead legal footnote2,Read legal footnote4

Text

Unlimited incoming/outgoing SMS and MMS.Read legal footnote5

27 REPLIES 27

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

PublicMobile21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

- This would make sense if we weren't in one of the most uncompetitive, overpriced telecommunications markets in the 1st world - prices should be getting driven down, not up (not even unprecedented).

- What wages? From all the customer service reps.? Public Mobile as a business venture or their network servicing costs would never be sustained by this plan, even after the price increase (that's what the higher priced options are for).

The plan provides for barely any usage bandwidth aimed @ emergency line users, enticed by the low price & rewards offer savings dangled to get people to sign up for which they then had the pulled the rug out from under them once they acquired some. The users' of this plan's meager features are not saturating the network (a fixed/sunk cost) or 'causing need for the network to be upgraded.

It might not be making them big money but they're not losing money on these users either. I signed up for it because even though I'd rarely use it & had little need for cell service it was cheap enough to justify it. My use case is still the same, the value proposition isn't.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ben9 

Ah...yeah that'll get you a ban. I suggest you edit your post with acceptable language....

Freak this dung!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Ben9  no need to do that  

Ben9
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

fuk this **bleep**

@esjliv 

👍🏿 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

Oh.....I thought I mentioned numerous times.....Telus?

Now you have to re read it all😀😀😀!

@CountyDownIeUk  - at first glance at the subject of the thread was where 'I thought'.

Then, of course, I read it all 👀

@esjliv 

Oh.....I thought I mentioned numerous times.....Telus?

Now you have to re read it all😀😀😀!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk  - i thought you were talkin' a $10 PM plan

@will13am 

All I am saying.....is......any increase over 5% should be challenged. 

The $3 increase, I feel, in this case is ok to implement. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It is rather unfair/illusory to expect a service provider to offer the same service for life without any price increase.  Would anyone want to work at the same job for the same wage/salary for life?  

1. Try living on a pension

2. See what happens when your company pension goes down by 30% and the federal government won’t move  the assets of the company to top up pension first.....but leaves it last. 

3. I had a Telus post paid account while living in Calgary. On a 3 year contract. Was $49 a month and allowed calls from 7pm to 8am and weekends to BC and Alberta free.  So that was handy for calling our kids. But to use it during weekdays the bill sometimes was 3-4 hundred dollars a month. So when the contract was due I was mailed pages of information to renew. I was down, mentally and just kept ignoring it and was hoping to come back to BC. I then took the time to read it all and one small....very small paragraph said...do nothing (don’t renew contract) and your monthly rate will remain at $49.  I remember there was some rule,....maybe CTRC....that would keep the price at $49. We came back to BC and cancelled the service at no cost to us and Telus kept us on by offering a prepared d plan. Sooooooo I think there is some type of price freezing. And perhaps does not apply to prepaid plans. 

4. No one is going to work for same wages....you are correct....but a 5% wage  increase does not cover a 10-20% increase of goods, services or taxes.  

5. What reality pi$$es me off is all the whiners when mortgage rates increase and are driving $80,000 financed pick up trucks that will never see a load......and have not experienced an 18% mortgage and the bank of Canada didn’t even care. You might need a reality check. 

We all have our own unique money issues to deal with.  Anyway, the wireless code does not provide for a fixed cost for life.  The duration that terms are fixed for is the commitment period.  In the case of this prepaid service, it is 30 days.  With appropriate notification price changes are allowed by regulation on the next renewal.  

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

I am not trying to defend Public Mobile for raising prices.  I am customer and so I want price stability as much as any other customer.  It must be said that the $10 plan coupled with the previous reward system is not sustainable in the long term.  After 5 years, the plan cost can be as low as $3.  Bumping the price by $3 makes the long term monthly cost $6 which is still a bargain.  What can you get for $6 these days?  About 3 litres of fuel?  Maybe 2 loaves of bread if we are lucky.  

@will13am wrote:

It is rather unfair/illusory to expect a service provider to offer the same service for life without any price increase.  Would anyone want to work at the same job for the same wage/salary for life?  

1. Try living on a pension

2. See what happens when your company pension goes down by 30% and the federal government won’t move  the assets of the company to top up pension first.....but leaves it last. 

3. I had a Telus post paid account while living in Calgary. On a 3 year contract. Was $49 a month and allowed calls from 7pm to 8am and weekends to BC and Alberta free.  So that was handy for calling our kids. But to use it during weekdays the bill sometimes was 3-4 hundred dollars a month. So when the contract was due I was mailed pages of information to renew. I was down, mentally and just kept ignoring it and was hoping to come back to BC. I then took the time to read it all and one small....very small paragraph said...do nothing (don’t renew contract) and your monthly rate will remain at $49.  I remember there was some rule,....maybe CTRC....that would keep the price at $49. We came back to BC and cancelled the service at no cost to us and Telus kept us on by offering a prepared d plan. Sooooooo I think there is some type of price freezing. And perhaps does not apply to prepaid plans. 

4. No one is going to work for same wages....you are correct....but a 5% wage  increase does not cover a 10-20% increase of goods, services or taxes.  

5. What reality pi$$es me off is all the whiners when mortgage rates increase and are driving $80,000 financed pick up trucks that will never see a load......and have not experienced an 18% mortgage and the bank of Canada didn’t even care. You might need a reality check. 

I must give thanks to the government for all the over regulation to keep the competition out and the dividend safe.  

It is long over due. And to me ..... it is an invitation to leave or upgrade and to not keep the new $13 plan. 

I agree 30% is outrageous.  Any billing or price increase that is higher than the average annual cost of living rate or even the going wage or pension increase must be questioned. There is only so much money to go around....then you have to start eliminating. It is getting bad!

Our current premier is giving us heat pumps PST free and adding 12% tax to natural gas to pay for it and to put more in the tax bank account. That is so wrong for those barely surviving to fund the PST free heat pump for those that can afford $15,000 or more to buy. 

Any increase over 5% needs to be challenged. 

@MarkcZuck wrote:

$10 per month on one year = $120 duh...

???? What is that remark for?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just to mention one other nice thing that Telus did for the prepaid plan is not only do they offer auto pay they also offer auto Top Up which would  allow you to have a balance to use for overages and then auto pay would grab all or some of it on payment day.   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MarkcZuck 

Duh....you are referring to a plan no longer offered by pm that is subject to the same $3 price hike!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Really? Its been 3 years since the introduction of that plan. It's a low usage plan that cost them barely nothing...this is just another money grab that if they cannot fool you into joining the points program to save them money they will just straight up over charge you with an outrageously high price increase. Accepting this means you would accept a 30% increase on all plans. If you are in the $40 plan will you accept a $12 increase? How about your winter heating bill? If it was $500 for january are you ok with it being $650? There are reasons we have regulators in this country....its to prevent unwarranted price increases on your basic services. This is just a claw back on public mobile's rewards program thru a price increase....its complete BULL TURDS!!

@softech wrote:

@will13am   Well said.

While $3 is a 30% increase, which seems a lot, but you will also have to consider how many years the price has been staying at $10.  While I understand no one like price hike, but I am surprise with such level of anger

I have suggested it before, I will suggest it again.  Don't get mad, get even, buy their stock.  

MarkcZuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$10 per month on one year = $120 duh...

MarkcZuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM plans are better!

@will13am   Well said.

While $3 is a 30% increase, which seems a lot, but you will also have to consider how many years the price has been staying at $10.  While I understand no one like price hike, but I am surprise with such level of anger

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Money grabbing telus.....as I have mentioned in the other threads on the price increase to the pm $10 50/50 plan. Tell telus you plan on cancelling your other telus home services if they don't reconsider this price increase!

Many $10 subscribers here are very upset, but I don't think Telus/PM cares.  It is probably a money losing plan, plus many get easily get it a free plan with all the friend referrals + loyalty + Autopay discount.

@softech 

No. Not sure if was same. I had a $10 month or $100 a year loyalty  prepaid plan. Wife and I had free calling to each other and ALL local calls inbound/outbound were 10 cents a minute. Then plus 50 for LD and another 50 for USA calls. Texting was by eaches too…..and real expensive to USA. Why does this stupid survey thing pop up during my response.,..is a PITA. I guess $10 is a real loser for Telus. Thanks for pointing it out that the PM plan went that way too. I would think for 2 bucks more, it would be a no brainer to move to the $15 plan. Is there an incentive to do so?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk  You have a Telus $10 plan?  Yes, PM is doing  the same thing today.   Afterall, Telus /Koodo/ PM is one big GOOD family  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.