cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from Conservative party today

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I received  a text from the Conservatives, that are currently leaderless, about a new gas tax or what ever. It asked for a Y or N response. Apparently this is legal for them to do. But never the less, is an uninvited and unwanted solicitation. I responded with much more than a Y or N 😀😀😀.   Will they see it or will it get lost because the response did not fit the criteria? After that I blocked the number. Should  I expect different ones to be used and the block was pointless??  Did any one else receive a text?

EA4172C6-2CCF-43BE-8585-2B53C32C861D.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14

jhol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well when you search in Canada 411 it completes the search in Yellow Pages, so maybe that's why it cites American ones? XD I'm not claiming to be an expert here by any means.

There are a lot of websites though that regularly generate false phone numbers for people to rerieve SMS; so I'd bet OP got that text to see if their number actually belonged to a live person or not.

This is the result I got:

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 2.51.45 AM.png

@jhol 

ah...ah...ahh really.  778 is for BC and both my cell numbers start with 778. Prince George BC and some cheapo carrier. And does “Canada” 411 find USA numbers?

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 6.19.38 PM.png

jhol

I just did a reverse phone number search through Canada411 and that number comes from the US.

jhol

This may have been a phishing attempt to see if yours was a real number or not. Stay safe and just text peeps you know!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@walker1 

Careful that's a tightrope you are walking ( pun intended)....be careful that one of your buddies like fletcher don't knock you off....permanently.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

@steveb11   Lol...my thoughts exactly... 🤔

steveb11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So don't turn this into politics ...... followed by a highly inflammatory political statement. I see.

darkomega

Meh

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk   You probably don't want to hear, they likely won't see it.  They have system to pick up the text and will only tally those Y and N (possibly Yes and NO and Oui or Non and O and N as well). Any other responses, they don't really care and they will all go into "Delete"   🙂

😀😀No doubt. Never the less I  enjoyed my response. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk   You probably don't want to hear, they likely won't see it.  They have system to pick up the text and will only tally those Y and N (possibly Yes and NO and Oui or Non and O and N as well). Any other responses, they don't really care and they will all go into "Delete"   🙂

What pi$$e$ me off is that it appears we pay for phone service so we can be exploited over 50% of the time.....especially on a land line. I hope Apple starts some kind of DND for texts and iMessages from a number or an email. The DND for not accepting calls from numbers that are NOT in your contacts list works well. And even lets the caller leave a voicemail....just in case you have omitted a legit number being in your contacts. 

WoozyPolarBear

:

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Get them from all the d0gsh1t parties...they are all a joke..probably won't get it and yes you will probably get more calls and texts...welcome to our amazing democracy

Need Help? Let's chat.