cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus porting phone#

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I received an email from a moderator about the porting phone number.  Not sure if it was sent to me in error but they mentioned the Telus porting phone# is for internal use only and should not be posted in the community forum.

12 REPLIES 12

You just have to Google "Telus Port"

Screenshot_20200527_002715.jpg

@Nezgar wrote:

Hey look, the super secret porting number is listed right on Telus' own website. 😁

https://www.telus.com/en/sk/support/article/move-mobile-phone-number#transfer_your_number_to_telus_m...

great "internal" number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

Hey look, the super secret porting number is listed right on Telus' own website. 😁

https://www.telus.com/en/sk/support/article/move-mobile-phone-number#transfer_your_number_to_telus_m...

By the power and authority vested in me (none) I dub thee king of diggin' up stuff.

Maybe the reason mod response time was so fast lately is so many people just calling this number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hmmm...

I always thought it a little odd that there was a number to call for PM customers for that one function. Sure it makes sense that if there is a department performing that function they should have easy access by phone for all the Telus brands. But coming from that company there are internal contact numbers and external contact numbers. It just always seemed more likely to me that it was a number that got loose but was allowed to continue since each screw up they fix on the fly minimizes the involvement and time of other departments and it keeps new customers happier.

With the number being easily found by searching the forum and considering the number of posts we see here that are likely premature (works but not receiving calls or texts), can you imagine how many calls may go to the porting department that they shouldn’t have to deal with? Lots of reasons that ports might fail which they can’t fix.

JMHO once again... AE_Collector

I also recieved the message yesterday so responded I would refrain from giving out the number since moderator responses have been excellent since the beginning of the year. But in exceptional circumstances when the a customer has been left hanging sometimes for days (there has been a few) i would supply it. But i  commented that i found it unusual that telus/koodo/pm employees would need a toll free number..... @AE_Collector  can comment.....a little later a different moderator replied saying it was for store employees only and you are asked to provide your employee credentials. I replied i would direct them as per their request....

This morning the original moderator responded thanking me for agreeing and told me to direct customers requiring/requesting (assuming she meant non online) port assistance to point them in the direction of their nearest pm retail location to get the store employee to call the number and assist the customer......like what? I'm sure I don't have to list the myriad of reasons of why this makes no sense whatsoever even without a pandemic going on......?!!

Edit: I've recieved a fast busy signal for the past hour....

@will13am wrote:

@Triguy , I received a private message today also about the same thing.  I guess the moderators are doing triage of old posts and finding a list of naughty members who have posted the porting number.  Sadly, I did not get the number from this community.  It was from a different forum.  Unless they block the outgoing number when interacting with customers, the number is not a secret.  I will refrain from recommending it if that is Public Mobile's wish.  TBH, it seems like a step backwards to me.  I guess we don't pay enough for this service to warrant access to faster customer support for porting issues.  It is above our pay rate so to speak.  

I can certainly see Public Mobile not wanting an unofficial method to for fixing porting porting issues to be encouraged. However, the fact remains that the very reason that there is a phone number is to be able to contact them.  To me, this could come across as the carrier blaming the customers for its problems. If customers feel the need to do this to get things done, something has gone wrong.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Likely a mass message as I received it to. When I seen "mod Sarah" thought I was in poo poo land again 😂

@will13am wrote:

@Triguy , I received a private message today also about the same thing.  I guess the moderators are doing triage of old posts and finding a list of naughty members who have posted the porting number.  Sadly, I did not get the number from this community.  It was from a different forum.  Unless they block the outgoing number when interacting with customers, the number is not a secret.  I will refrain from recommending it if that is Public Mobile's wish.  TBH, it seems like a step backwards to me.  I guess we don't pay enough for this service to warrant access to faster customer support for porting issues.  It is above our pay rate so to speak.  

I also received the same message a couple of hours ago from one of the mods, but in my case I have maybe recommended for someone to using the Telus porting number once and that would have been several weeks or months ago.  So I replied and let the moderator know that their message was in error and got a response back apologizing if I received it by mistake.  Kinda strange...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Triguy wrote:

I received an email from a moderator about the porting phone number.  Not sure if it was sent to me in error but they mentioned the Telus porting phone# is for internal use only and should not be posted in the community forum.

If that's the case,Telus needs to change the number. They can't undo years of the number being spread around. 

Need Help? Let's chat.