cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunset to Sunrise

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Show me the light, the shadow, the silhouette.....black of night, first light of day......20200629_204243.jpg

233 REPLIES 233

@Jovi 

Lazily listed to the left....

20210114_211214-ANIMATION.gif

@esjliv 

Science World is my proverbial fork in the seawall. Right to downtown, the west end and Stanley Park or left to Granville Island, Kits beach and Spanish banks?

IMG_20210114_164131832.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

It attracts a lot of attention! Every guy on a bike with lights on their bike feel the need to express their admiration.....plus there's a lot of other "blingy" things around.

IMG_20210114_182335383.jpg

Hello Science World! ❤️

@CFPartDeux 

It attracts a lot of attention! Every guy on a bike with lights on their bike feel the need to express their admiration.....plus there's a lot of other "blingy" things around.

IMG_20210114_182335383.jpg

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious  LOL, gotta luv the "bling" on the bike! 🤣 👍

@Jovi 

Nor have I just pulled over on my bike to snap a few photos. This beautiful break from the rain and the mild temperatures have made the seawall a popular destination. You can't be too careful! Do you think my e-bike is visible enough for others to see me after sunset?

IMG_20210114_180316402.jpg

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious 

How was your aquabus ride?

I haven’t ever been on one...

Jovi

@gpixel 

Beautiful!!

@Jovi 

I had to race to even catch the end of the sunset last night!

IMG_20210114_164115273.jpg

@gpixel 

OMG!!!! That i such an awesome photo! It reminds me of a Salvador Dali painting. Wow, wow, wow! Mind blown! How do I possibly follow that up?

IMG_20210113_184841392.jpg

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious I did, but the light wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I found a really nice composition though!

PXL_20210114_003427910.NIGHT-01~2.jpeg

Jovi

@darlicious 

One down, one more to go...

Great pic!

@darlicious wrote:

@RosieR 

This one is for you since you're so bright and colourful. A different angle but i have done this animation before of bc place. What a difference shooting at night with the moto instead of the A3.  Really no comparison.

20210114_211940-ANIMATION.gif

Wow! that is beautiful @darlicious thanks so much.  🌹🌹🌹

@Jovi 

The lefty will not be loosey now that they got the righty tighty! I was the victim of the lack of long term study on all titanium implants on younger actve patients especially women ( they have much higher failure rate than men....15% vs 2-3. They no longer use these implants it 's back to tried and true ceramic ones!

IMG_20210113_183258622.jpg

@gpixel 

Did you get out and go catch the sunset? You have to take advantage of the sun rays when they appear especially when we are all riding the waves of an atmospheric river from the philippines!

IMG_20210113_184742637.jpgļ 

@RosieR 

This one is for you since you're so bright and colourful. A different angle but i have done this animation before of bc place. What a difference shooting at night with the moto instead of the A3.  Really no comparison.

20210114_211940-ANIMATION.gif

@Jovi 

Unlucky 13th sunset that never happened....it just faded to grey. Had a good rip around the seawall and hung out at "no" sunset beach for an hour before it started to get frosty on the toes and finger tips.

IMG_20210113_183741665.jpg

Jovi

@gpixel 

Are you going to post a pic?   

I have an appointment during sunset so I won't catch it tonight...

Jovi

@darlicious 

Hopefully the second hip replacement will go smoothly!  : )

Jovi

@darlicious 

Sounds wonderful!  : )

it's going to be an epic sunset today!

@Jovi 

Had i been a couch potato i wouldnt have needed them replaced til I was 75.

@Jovi 

We used to camp across from rubble creek and daisy lake. That same train would come down the valley from whistler. With the highway quiet you could hear the rails start to sing....one of the most beautiful series of notes I've ever heard. It was always the highlight of the night!

20190722_205936.jpg

Jovi

@darlicious 

Oh, I am so sorry ... you have been through a lot.  Hugs 🤗 

Jovi

@darlicious 

If its only one time at 2 pm, that’s alright.   I camped in a spot at Harrison Hot Springs where the train roared by once every hour or two all night long. It was a nightmare!

Not a great pic but do you see that black blob?  That’s a bear!   I thought it was a boulder until it started to move and Mish was running loose 😱.  Managed to get her on a leash and get the heck out!

BE2B8A15-06B1-4877-A2A2-E7832995EA2E.jpeg

@Jovi 

3.....the original 2014.....revision to fix the ball....2016......revision to fix the newest tech in the original hip replacement that i broke both the femur and the titanium implant about 15 months ago.  Waitlisted for surgery on March 17th 2020 cancelled on the 16th due to covid was rescheduled with 1 weeks notice on june 19th 2020. They finally fixed it with the tried and true ceramic implant. I'm now waitlisted for the left sometime this year.....6, 8, 10 more months?

@Jovi 

That's an awesome photo! I'm in for camping but there are bears almost everywhere ! But not at porteau cove....just raccoons and a train that sounds like its going thru your tent at 2 am!

IMG_20170226_170035128_HDR.jpg

Jovi

@darlicious 

Let’s go camping somewhere there’s no bears 🙂

Did you have more than one hip replacement?  Ouch.

Sunset on French Beach

F74DDFBF-AA8E-4F24-B13C-76750A9949D5.jpeg

@Jovi 

The funny part was this occurred about 3 months after my original hip replacement so when we checked thru the wreckage of the storage tent the only thing missing was my toiletries/first aid bag! With all of my pain meds! How do you tell your doctor "A bear stole my oxy's!" in order to get a new prescription? Luckily about 150 ft away in the woods i found the ziplock bag with all of its contents inside but a big rip in the bag.

It was only when I went to make lunch and im looking all thru the bear cache that i realized ai had forgotton the dozen freshly baked kaiser buns in the storage tent when i put the food in the bear cache the night before. The toiletries bag was just collateral damage! Caution bears love freshly baked goods...as evidenced by their frequent break ins to bakeries!

Jovi

@darlicious 

LOL!  I hope you had extra food!

Yeah, she use to chase off the bears at Roberts Creek!  I didn't know she was doing that until the owner of the cabin texted me to say her dog was inside the house and the only time he comes in is if there's a bear outside.  Meanwhile, my dog is was out there by herself running back and forth and barking her head off!  Scary.

Need Help? Let's chat.