Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek or Star Wars?

DM100watch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Star Trek here. 

Favorite TOS Season 1 episode 18 Arena

Favorite STTNG Season 5 episode 25 Inner Light.  But Darmok is a close second.

What do you like best?   Curious as my wife loves Star Wars....

7 REPLIES 7

ga61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Liked both as a kid, but prefer Star Trek as an adult.  Also, really enjoying the mandelorian.

ruckuschica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've always been a die-hard Trekkie

But The Mandalorian  with Pedro Pascal and Katee Sackhoff have me hooked! (also a HUGE Battlestar Galactica Fan too)

And many of the new spin-off Trek shows that'll be coming out soon look very enticing. (section 31, Brave New Worlds, etc)

@darlicious wrote:

Star Wars episodes 4, 5 and 6 as a kid they were our imaginations come to life. The new stuff as an adult its.....meh!

I enjoyed 4, 5, 6 plus Rogue One.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Star Wars for the kid in me and Star Trek for adult side.  Star Wars has gone downhill since the empire strikes back.  Star Trek Discovery is good.  It is a little dark which might not suit everyone.  

Star Wars episodes 4, 5 and 6 as a kid they were our imaginations come to life. The new stuff as an adult its.....meh!

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Star Trek. Never liked Star Wars

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Loved both growing up. Maybe too much.

Enough to write some Wookieepedia and Memory Alpha articles, lol.

But not enough to write any awful self-insert fan fic or own any Starfleet uniforms. (Let's ignore my lightsaber and my combadge ... they're just mancave shelf decorations, not fashion accessories!)

But as a "mature" adult I've found my interest in both of these things waned. Because on-screen entertainment has suffered a serious decline in quality over recent decades, and those two franchises have both been defaced and diluted far too much for me to enjoy watching them.

So sci-fi literature is where my interests are found, and it turns out that the bulk of Star Wars/Trek "literature" is held to rather low and juvenile standards which are (to my tastes) just as unappealing as the vandalized garbage on screen.

I guess the short answer is I love what those shows used to be.

Need Help? Let's chat.