cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is happening at PM... I feel It!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I feel like something is happening behind the scenes at Public Mobile. I can smell it ! Even the mods are saying this in a few announcements.

This was from the announcement: Dave is making his final curtain call 

Great Stuff 2020.jpg

And this was from the latest announcement on Tuesday: [Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community! 

Announcment.jpg

Continue to explore this new work? I think something  is gonna happen. I cant wait to find out ! Mabey for Mothers day? What are your thoughts?

58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  I did say "dare I"....but are you really happy with the status quo?

I did enjoy and was aware of the hedge words 🙂

This place is not here to make me happy. It is what it is. Do I wonder if some gaming is going on? Yes. Do I think it's good to post the same answer after someone has already said it (ninja's notwithstanding) ? No. Do I think it's good to post the same answer when the OP has already selected an answer as the solution (assuming it's valid and not out of ignorance thinking it "closes" the thread) ? No. Do I think an irrelevant to anything here topic should be rewards eligible? No. Do I think it's fine if someone wants to refresh every second of the day and post a reply immediately? Yes.
There are others but I wouldn't want to give anybody ideas that they haven't already thought of.

@mimmo 

I may play devil's advocate sometimes but know I respect the position.  I'm sorry if my scorpion tail rises in defense occasionally but I only have the the best interests of the community in my sightlines.

@Anonymous  I did say "dare I"....but are you really happy with the status quo?

@ShawnC13 

Fair enough.....just a glancing blow no locked horns....whew!

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Where did you get from my post that I'm encouraging that behavior? But newcomers should be encouraged to try, participate and more importantly learn how to manage their account. The problems come from regular community members who should know better. So you decide how do you police that behavior? You would be hard pressed to find me participating in that practice unless ninja'd. The main culprits of this cannot be that ignorant of their efforts?

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Where did you get from my post that I'm encouraging that behavior? But newcomers should be encouraged to try, participate and more importantly learn how to manage their account. The problems come from regular community members who should know better. So you decide how do you police that behavior? You would be hard pressed to find me participating in that practice unless ninja'd. The main culprits of this cannot be that ignorant of their efforts?

@darlicious my post is about what I see in the community now and what I see people doing.  Nowhere did I say you were encouraging it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  sorry but with the utter lack of respect shown to the Oracle's I would not take on that responsibility, and I don't the other Oracle's would either.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Public mobile needs an overhaul of the rewards formula.....similar to a public school report card. You get two marks.....effort....and....achievement. This will reward newcomers and regulars. Half of your reward is based on participation the other....which is subjective....on what your participation achieves. Does it add value? Constructive discussion? New ideas? How to instruction? Personal experience? Repetitive posts, answers, advice etc....wont increase your your reward only original thought will. Get rid of the first past the post popularity contest its turned into....

Rewarding general participation will not make the community a more valuable place for people trying to find help for their service.  Flooding the forum with repetitive posts should not be rewarded.  There is no need for many of these threads to go multiple pages.  You can't reward people for just repeating what others have said.  I just repeated myself does that mean I am due for a reward? lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@mimmo 

Maybe that's what it needs....the top badge/reward levels have 10 random posts pulled and evaluated for quality. Or dare I say it....the Oracle's nominate candidates from the top 20 bravo leaders to be reviewed for the top badges.

Oh my. After all the wars and snide remarks...now you want to give them more power?!

@mimmo 

Maybe that's what it needs....the top badge/reward levels have 10 random posts pulled and evaluated for quality. Or dare I say it....the Oracle's nominate candidates from the top 20 bravo leaders to be reviewed for the top badges.

@will13am 

Public mobile needs an overhaul of the rewards formula.....similar to a public school report card. You get two marks.....effort....and....achievement. This will reward newcomers and regulars. Half of your reward is based on participation the other....which is subjective....on what your participation achieves. Does it add value? Constructive discussion? New ideas? How to instruction? Personal experience? Repetitive posts, answers, advice etc....wont increase your your reward only original thought will. Get rid of the first past the post popularity contest its turned into....

mimmo

@darlicious  great idea but who is going to be judge jury and executioner ?  PM is not going to hire someone to watch community 24/7, and no one in the community could.

I  would rather just see various valued rewards assigned randomly each month.

The secret forumula is really no longer secret. What if it has long been figured out?  I could very easily create 100 random threads right now. I would probably get countless bravos from it, but I will have helped no one by doing that.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

It might be time to abandon the secret formula and have the community silently monitored and rewards be based on merit alone....arbitrary but better reflecting the quality of the contributions rather than just overall participation.

How do you judge merit when the new way forward is to carpet bomb every post with bravos as if it's a participation award?  Back in the day, members who posted a repeat suggestion felt bad for doing that and would actually edit their post.  I am not referring to posts that come a day later but rather within the same minute.  Most often, only really good suggestions receive a bravo or two.  Now, it is fair game to throw the kitchen sink against the wall to see if it sticks, even if a thread has been marked with a solution.  Just my opinion, 300 bravos back in 2016 is worth more than 3000 to day.  If only I played a role in the selection committee.  🤔

popping

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Maybe something big is the removal of community rewards or a revamping of the value of the bravos.  With the rate of inflation they just aren't worth what they used to be.  Well some of them aren't.

Agree.  Little over 2 years ago, 1000 Bravos in 30 days is not common.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-hit-the-1000-bravo-mark-in-a-30-day-per...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Congratulations-RobertQC-Another-1000-Brav...

Now, it is over 2800 Bravos in 30 days.  Huge inflation... We need to flatten the curve... 

Have a better and better day!

Stay safe and stay home.

@ShawnC13 

It might be time to abandon the secret formula and have the community silently monitored and rewards be based on merit alone....arbitrary but better reflecting the quality of the contributions rather than just overall participation.

Maybe something big is the removal of community rewards or a revamping of the value of the bravos.  With the rate of inflation they just aren't worth what they used to be.  Well some of them aren't.

@BearFBI wrote:

What ever happened to the idea lab. I understand that i should be happy with the service I have now and I am happy. If I wasn't happy I wouldn't bother spending time on the forum. Im just suggesting a few things. PM was supposed to be one of those brands where they listen to what the users want and try to see if its possible or not. That was the point of the idea lab. It was mostly when they were growing and they were a small business but who said there still not growing. PM still has years ahead and more chalenges to overcome. They can improve on things like making a more robust autopay/payment system or they could simplify the plans for users. 

The Idea Lab was removed as it was ineffective and frankly depressing.  Many ideas would get a huge amount of support and the comments back from  PM were "considering it" Not in the plan or other phrases like that.  Something that they said was great and were going to do took FOREVER or didn't happen at all.  It was decided than rather leading the community on it was better to take the area out as to not have a constant reminder of the great things that haven't been acted on yet.

BearFBI

What ever happened to the idea lab. I understand that i should be happy with the service I have now and I am happy. If I wasn't happy I wouldn't bother spending time on the forum. Im just suggesting a few things. PM was supposed to be one of those brands where they listen to what the users want and try to see if its possible or not. That was the point of the idea lab. It was mostly when they were growing and they were a small business but who said there still not growing. PM still has years ahead and more chalenges to overcome. They can improve on things like making a more robust autopay/payment system or they could simplify the plans for users. 

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

I know you think it's wishful thinking but if public mobile wants to live up to their motto "we're for you" then they should offer what its customer base has been asking for mid gig plans. It's no skin off my nose I've customized my new plan....theyll be paying me. But as I said I'd being willing to pay for a 2gb $30 plan. But if they don't want my money to give me service that I want i can do it their way.

You buy into the marketing schtick as if they really mean it?  I have some valuable land for sale in the everglades, want in?  The only reliable one here for you is you.  

@will13am  As i said if they dont want my money im good with that and I'm very happy with my service. The squeaky wheel gets grease. I'll keep squawkin' for the masses.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

I know you think it's wishful thinking but if public mobile wants to live up to their motto "we're for you" then they should offer what its customer base has been asking for mid gig plans. It's no skin off my nose I've customized my new plan....theyll be paying me. But as I said I'd being willing to pay for a 2gb $30 plan. But if they don't want my money to give me service that I want i can do it their way.

You buy into the marketing schtick as if they really mean it?  I have some valuable land for sale in the everglades, want in?  The only reliable one here for you is you.  

@will13am 

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

I love your idea of a sliding scale price per 1gb of plan data.  You start with a base plan of unlimited texts and incoming calling for $10 with a mandatory 100 min outgoing calling and 250mb of data for $5 more = $15 (the current $15 plan.) Then you offer plan data amounts that incrementally get cheaper the more you buy.and you include unlimited outgoing calling with plan data purchases over 1gb. $15/1gb, $10ea/2gb, $9ea/3gb, $6ea/5gb+,$5ea/8gb+. All 8gb+ plans come with a 500mb data bonus and US calling. This keeps the current plans but offers some flexibility by creating a a 2gb plan for $30, a 3gb plan for $37 and a 6gb plan for $46 and open up the possibility of a 10.5gb plan for $60. You eliminate the autopay 500mb data bonus (you get that anyways already) and you just offer the usual $2 autopay reward. I think you would find a lot of upward movement to the $30 2gb plan and a lot of interest in the 6gb, 8.5gb and 10.5gb data plans.

Any point talking about vaporware?  Unless customers are invited to make their own plans and choose their own price (aka, donation model), this amounts to a hunt for missed expectations.  I always say, get this service for what it is, not what you wish it to be.  This keeps you happy in the meantime and hungry for better even if it is found elsewhere.  Alway remain loyal to your wallet as nobody else is.  

@BearFBI 

I love your idea of a sliding scale price per 1gb of plan data.  You start with a base plan of unlimited texts and incoming calling for $10 with a mandatory 100 min outgoing calling and 250mb of data for $5 more = $15 (the current $15 plan.) Then you offer plan data amounts that incrementally get cheaper the more you buy.and you include unlimited outgoing calling with plan data purchases over 1gb. $15/1gb, $10ea/2gb, $9ea/3gb, $6ea/5gb+,$5ea/8gb+. All 8gb+ plans come with a 500mb data bonus and US calling. This keeps the current plans but offers some flexibility by creating a a 2gb plan for $30, a 3gb plan for $37 and a 6gb plan for $46 and open up the possibility of a 10.5gb plan for $60. You eliminate the autopay 500mb data bonus (you get that anyways already) and you just offer the usual $2 autopay reward. I think you would find a lot of upward movement to the $30 2gb plan and a lot of interest in the 6gb, 8.5gb and 10.5gb data plans.

BearFBI

@will13am wrote:

The huge gap in plan offerings has been a subject of discussion many times before.  It's basically the ugly side of a monopoly.  All brands have agreed by secret hand shake to purposely leave out 2 and 3 GB plans.  I think the idea is to force customers to over purchase their data needs.  It's not that effective as the value oriented customers will simply stay on the $25 plan.  No customer that respects their wallet would buy the overpriced data add-ons.  

@will13am Thats 100% What it is. This is canada. Thats how our wireless works.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The huge gap in plan offerings has been a subject of discussion many times before.  It's basically the ugly side of a monopoly.  All brands have agreed by secret hand shake to purposely leave out 2 and 3 GB plans.  I think the idea is to force customers to over purchase their data needs.  It's not that effective as the value oriented customers will simply stay on the $25 plan.  No customer that respects their wallet would buy the overpriced data add-ons.  

BearFBI

@darlicious Yeah same with me. I don't need data right now. I have my home internet. Im switching to the 15$ plan. And you are right my usage is somewhere between 35$ and 40$ plan. If I get the 40$ for an extra 15$ its too much data. I find PM's higher data plans are better priced. But I am not a high data user. I might end up switching to it in the future when I accumulate enough rewards. Only I might find myself wasting a gig or two. It would be great if PM only had the plan builder and had a flat rate for every 1GB of 3G data and you can build your plan to your usage needs. Its easier than filling the homepage with plans for everyone's needs. My estimate would be 8$ a gig. If you look at the 40$ and 50$ plan it makes sense. PM charges 10$ for the unlimited message and text. It shows it in your payment history. 10 - 40 = 30. That 5GB is 30$ worth of data. That makes 1 GB data worth 6$. So 8$ for 1GB of 3G is reasonable. Or they could do something where its 12$ per 1GB and the more data you add the less it gets per gig.

@Korth 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Public  mobile loses just as many customers to the lower priced plans as they gain to the higher priced plans. There's no reason they can't have a happy medium. There are many members here that see the $40 plan as just too much data wastage and the $25 plan as doable but tight. 2gb/$30 and 3gb/$35 would get a lot of migration to them  both with new customers and existing ones  There are very few high data users and low data users. It's unlikely either of those will want to change their plan. I would be comfortable at $30 /2gb enough data to do as i please and not run out. A nice cushion but instead im going to drop all the way down to the $15. Many more will do the same...weve been told....Were for you

But PM's $25 $35 $40 gaps do make sense.

They're intended to position the $40 plan as the great no-brainer value choice. Because PM (Telus) wants data users to pay $40+/month for "typical" (by Canadian standards) data allocations. They don't seriously expect many people to buy the $35 plan vs $25 plan unless it's part of a promo package or it's part of a use-up-my-reward-dollars upgrade path.

If the plan options went straight from $25 to $40 then people would complain about lack of anything intermediate. As it stands, people complain that the $35 plan is a bad deal and they pick the $40 plan instead. I agree that a 2GB (1.5GB+0.5GB) increment would appear logical, but it would discourage people from buying up $40 plans and $30 add-ons.

BearFBI

@NDesai wrote:

@BearFBI wrote:

I do have some people that I would like to switch over to PM but they don't use their phones that much so it would be great to get a talk only plan. If the plan builder existed it would have been possible. It would also provide more options for data only plans.

What's wrong with the $15 plan with 500 min add-on? Isn't that cheap enough? If i remember correctly, cheapest plan on the plan builder was $10 talk only i believe. 

@NDesai The problem is that they are going to be paying more by coming to PM because PM dropped their 10$ 50/50 plan. They are on 5$ plans with virgin mobile prepaid. It offer 15 Minutes base and 30 Cents/Min after that. So going from 5 to 15 (13$ with autopay) is a big step up and they would never use 100 Minutes or the 250MB data. There only elders. They got flip phones. Its better to pay for only the things you need. As for myself the 25$ plan is perfect. I have accumulated quite a bit of rewards so I might upgrade to the 35$ plan. But I dont think its worth it. For only an extra 500MB. It would be great if it was 35$ for 1.5GB and extra 500MB autopay totaling to 2GB. 35$ for 1.5 GB to 40$ for 5GB is too much of a gap so it would only make sense. 

@BearFBI wrote:

I do have some people that I would like to switch over to PM but they don't use their phones that much so it would be great to get a talk only plan. If the plan builder existed it would have been possible. It would also provide more options for data only plans.

What's wrong with the $15 plan with 500 min add-on? Isn't that cheap enough? If i remember correctly, cheapest plan on the plan builder was $10 talk only i believe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.