cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Spree

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Just wanted to point out that in the last 30 minutes we have helped clients post 15 solutions. Great work everyone! A lot of familiar handles an a few new ones involved, but I always feel good after a session like this one. If you like, add your handle if you were part of the community tonight. @ChuckYeah 

14 REPLIES 14

@ChuckYeah  I have to say it's very interesting to see how the "helpers" see themselves and how they respond to one another. I've noticed overall it is a positive experience  but at times the higher ups come across as king of the pedestal to new users of the community. And that I think is unfortunate as it discourages the less confident, shy or introspective people from contributing. Everyone's contribution has value whether or not it leads to a solution. In regards to moving posts...for the most part it helps keep posts on point with direct value. But moving posts to the lounge from discussions when it has a phone, telecom, communication theme arbitrarily and without explanation because one has the power to do so...versus a consultation first to gather opinion will always come across negatively to the poster unless positive feedback is given so users can understand the motivation behind it. Adhering to an original business model is not a good enough excuse for me...new concepts only grow because they can constantly evolve, adapt and change. #too many sorry's to stick in a sack....is there a reward for that?

Your constant help, encouragement and positivity is appreciated more than you know!!

No I took it just as you meant it. I bet we'll be seeing more of that "fine print" all over the community in the future. I had to do a double take before I saw the hidden message.
@Psygineer wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Just for those of you who read this in the future, contrary to the "Oracle's" assumption, this post was not about recognition. It was about experiencing an evening of great cooperation without disrespect and without drama and the result was a positive experience for everyone.

Maybe if people were not in it for the Power and the Glory, it would be like that every night.

BTW, I thought this might end up in the lounge, and I have no issue with that. I'm still learning what the boundries are @ShawnC13 . @Psygineer , I'll be keeping my eye on you!

Keeping an eye on me? No wonder I felt watched today! I'm a mix, on my good days (like when I made my other reply on here) I tend to make jokes and try to make others have a mild laugh. On my bad days when I am in great pain and my medication is fuddling me a bit, I tend to be more critical. Those are the days when people post things like how they were scammed by PM because they burned through all their data watching youtube, but didn't like the videos they watched so PM should refund the data kind of thing (that did happen quite some time ago, anyone remember that post?). I tend to not be so sunshine and rainbows then. More like thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening to me. Galileo Figaro!
Anyway Chuck_Grady, I didn't mean anything negative, sorry if I came accross as anything other than being a goof!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Just for those of you who read this in the future, contrary to the "Oracle's" assumption, this post was not about recognition. It was about experiencing an evening of great cooperation without disrespect and without drama and the result was a positive experience for everyone.

Maybe if people were not in it for the Power and the Glory, it would be like that every night.

BTW, I thought this might end up in the lounge, and I have no issue with that. I'm still learning what the boundries are @ShawnC13 . @Psygineer , I'll be keeping my eye on you!

Keeping an eye on me? No wonder I felt watched today! I'm a mix, on my good days (like when I made my other reply on here) I tend to make jokes and try to make others have a mild laugh. On my bad days when I am in great pain and my medication is fuddling me a bit, I tend to be more critical. Those are the days when people post things like how they were scammed by PM because they burned through all their data watching youtube, but didn't like the videos they watched so PM should refund the data kind of thing (that did happen quite some time ago, anyone remember that post?). I tend to not be so sunshine and rainbows then. More like thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening to me. Galileo Figaro!
Anyway Chuck_Grady, I didn't mean anything negative, sorry if I came accross as anything other than being a goof!

I understand that now. Was not my intention but I could see how it would have appeared that way and I'm glad your doing what you do. It's important work for sure.

@ChuckYeah all is good when we see a thread like solution spree it leads to the idea of people gaming the system here to earn rewards just for congratulating each other. That is why I moved it hear as I and the other Oracles are protective of the community and believe in the business model and don't want to see anything lower the value of what the community provides or the rewards people earn from hard work

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Oh yeah @ShawnC13 , you're right on there on me making my own judgement. I probably shouldn't expect more from others than I can expect from myself. Again. Im sorry for that. 

@ShawnC13 I agree we should not let disagreements affect the community. I appreciate your comments and am sorry if I got defensive... again.

It's my nature to protect myself and the people around me. I looked up the concerns I posted and you were not involved in them to my knowledge, but if you were, I'm sorry. I guess getting started I did not know what to expect.

I'm learning though.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

That's a long post. A couple of days ago someone said they hardly know me and that they have nothing against me. 

Today you sure made a leap there in assessing my personality.

Im  actually just a 50 year old people-oriented person who loves to help others. Ask anyone who knows me. Your not even close there.

My only concerns with this community is that some people, sometimes can be rude when they correct people. Not everyone is as thoughtful and sensitive as I am and I get that. 

@ChuckYeahplease do not take this directed at you this is my personal experience and after typing it out I don't want you to feel as if it is an attack on you

If it seems there was a misunderstanding about your character that is unfortunate.  I am just going off of my personal experience.  In the past people who have had to post or say something to recognize themselves and explain they are thoughtful and sensitive aren't always out there for the betterment of others but for their own self-recognition.   

Ok now back to the regular reply you made a leap of judgment as well

"Maybe if people were not in it for the Power and the Glory, it would be like that every night."

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

And by the way @ShawnC13 , I've made two posts saying that replies were disrespectful and I may have pointed out that part of the Oracle's mantra was to be respectful to others. But I have nothing against the Oracle's, I defer to them all the time and often bravo and compliment them as well.

That's a long post. A couple of days ago someone said they hardly know me and that they have nothing against me. 

Today you sure made a leap there in assessing my personality.

Im  actually just a 50 year old people-oriented person who loves to help others. Ask anyone who knows me. Your not even close there.

My only concerns with this community is that some people, sometimes can be rude when they correct people. Not everyone is as thoughtful and sensitive as I am and I get that. 

@ChuckYeah there was no drama or disrespect intended, in my time here the have only been 2 or three other threads where the OP is congratulating themselves. The vast majority come in here post and help people and go on with their day. I know you did post a we which does show you mentioning others which is great but just tag them as you said there were familiar handles and a few new ones get their attention about you recognizing their efforts and I am sure they would do the same rather than just tagging yourself. As for the "Oracle" comment and power and glory statement, I have noticed you mention this a couple of times when things are mentioned to you from one of the Oracle group who are offering advice. It seems your reaction is of someone with either a guilty conscience or someone that has something against a group of longtime users who have a slightly elevated "privileges" in the community, when we are just trying to continue to help out in the community. There is no glory in getting numerous PM's with personal information about someone and telling them that I can't help them that they still need to contact the moderators and as for power the ability to move threads to correct location isn't really a big hammer when things go sideways in here and people are waiting days for a response.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Just wanted to point out that in the last 30 minutes we have helped clients post 15 solutions. Great work everyone! A lot of familiar handles an a few new ones involved, but I always feel good after a session like this one. If you like, add your handle if you were part of the community tonight. @ChuckYeah 

Now most people are here to help without  the need for self recognition, but for the next time you need to do it The Lounge is the place for such threads.

That is where you can find this one now @ChuckYeah 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not in it for the power or glory. I'm in it because I am often bored and like to help others. Now no one will suspect me when I steal all the power and glory when no one is looking.

Need Help? Let's chat.