cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Shopping at costco without membership

Contemplating cancelling my costco membership even though I love shopping at costco!

Since we are all thrifty and cost conscious here, did you know you can use costco cash cards to shop and also buy gas?

Also, you do not need to be member to eat a the foodcourt or use the pharmacy and they have the lowest dispensing fees.

Take that with your $1.50 hot dog and softdrink!

Re: Shopping at costco without membership

Yes, I've went in before just for lunch. No one is going to ask to see your membership card if you go in through the exit.

they dont even check to see your card at etobicoke store when you enter anymore... they should all do that anyway!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Costco gift cards are good only for occasional use if you're not a member.

Such is written under Gift Card product details:

* Non-member use
"You do not have to be a Costco member to use a Costco Cash Card, but non-members must register for a one-day shopping pass at the Membership Counter to access the warehouse. Non-members may only be issued a one-day pass twice per calendar year and the one-day pass may not be used as a replacement for a Costco membership. Non-members may not carry a balance on the card. If they do not spend the full amount of the card, the balance will be refunded at the cash register. If the value of a non-member purchase exceeds the value of the cash card, the excess can only be paid by cash, debit or MasterCard."

Costco is catching on to non-members using gift cards instead of paying for a membership.

If you want buy warehouse items or gas at Costco on a regular basis, you need a membership or you will need to go with someone who has a membership card.

Of course family members can share a Costco membership at no additional cost.

@mynewhome wrote:

they dont even check to see your card at etobicoke store when you enter anymore... they should all do that anyway!

Have they ever? You show a membership card when entering and they don't even look.  Even so, all you'd have to say is that you're thinking about purchasing a membership but want to look around first.  I doubt they'd care.  The problems occur if you don't have a membership and try to make a purchase.

Oracle

@mynewhome wrote:

Contemplating cancelling my costco membership even though I love shopping at costco!

Since we are all thrifty and cost conscious here, did you know you can use costco cash cards to shop and also buy gas?

Also, you do not need to be member to eat a the foodcourt or use the pharmacy and they have the lowest dispensing fees.

Take that with your $1.50 hot dog and softdrink!

I shop there enough that my rebate pays for my membership so all good here

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Make friends with those who have a membership.  Go shopping together.  Problem solved.

why don't we organize a costco day where 1 member brings the entire public mobile community?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sometimes i can use the foodcourt without membership, other times they are picky. which sucks (i don't see why not) 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I end up with a free membership anyway, once I get my yearly rebate cheque Smiley Very Happy