cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your phone disaster stories

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thought it would be interesting to hear stories on phone mishaps.. Funny now but not at the time. 

Anyways was trying to call dad  for 40.minutes and calls went straight to voicemail, being public mobile I started to think, of some type of service issue, auto pay failure etc.  I finally catch up with him in the garden and he says help me fins my phone it here somewhere, we spent 20 minutes looking and nothing. I asked him what were you doing, earlier and he says using the branch chipper. I said could it have fallen in? He thinks and says maybe, I did hear a Strange noise, but I thought it was a stone.  Sure enough we dig through the pile and find his phone in many small and sme not so small pieces.  I told him at least he will have some acidic soil for next year.

RIP samsung rugby 4, you fell off the scaffold, flew out the window of the truck, and I think we're even run over.  But you were no match for the garden chipper. 

7 REPLIES 7

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo 

While it has an old version of android, it's a non touch screen phone, so your dad won't be accidentally touching screen icons. Since he strictly uses cell phones for calls, he could just use the hard buttons on the duraXE to start and end calls  🙂

mimmo

Happened a week ago.  He is using his old rugby.  

I recall reading the DuraXE had a version of Android? I'm just worried of teaching a new phone to a stubborn dad. 

CellGirl
DuraXE
@mimmo wrote:

@CellGirl  which rugged flip would you suggest? The only options i think exist are the rugby 4 or DuraXE.

Dad does not text nor use data. 

@mimmo 

DuraXE, if it must be a flip.

I assume this happened awhile ago .. so did your dad replace the rugby with DuraXE? Woman Very Happy

mimmo

@CellGirl  which rugged flip would you suggest? The only options i think exist are the rugby 4 or DuraXE.

Dad does not text nor use data. 

CellGirl

@mimmo 

hahaha too funny, but the Rugby is a POS, so the wood chipper did your dad a favour! Robot LOL

Karnbot13

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:Thought it would

RIP samsung rugby 4, you fell off the scaffold, flew out the window of the truck, and I think we're even run over.  But you were no match for the garden chipper. 

Would a Dewalt or Cat phone have survived?  😉

I think they under sell the durability of my Cat phone, it's had many a wild fall and survived without issue. It's no match for a wood chipper. And according to my father, that used to work in a sawmill, actual cats are no match for belt fed woodchippers Smiley Sad

@mimmo wrote:Thought it would

Would a Dewalt or Cat phone have survived?  😉

Need Help? Let's chat.