cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad to Leave but there is a great offer outthere for same money!

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello guys,

I wanted to thank the community and PM. I was one of those Fall Promo plans 40$ 4gb LTE a few years ago. While for that time the PM offer was the best value for the money, it saddens me to say that at present time, it has fallen behind alot and its too expensive for what the offer was.

I ported out today to Phonebox for 40$ 10gb LTE plan of their offering. 6gb monthly more is a huge deal for me.

Anyways, I want to thank all the @CS_Agent for the quick and thorough responses they have provided to me privately. 

I want to thank the community too, even though I have not posted much.

Thanks guys!

83 REPLIES 83

EltonB

@BearFBI whats this Airalo haha, gotta google this now 😀.

@BearFBI 

Rogers wants a bigger and bigger piece of the pie....but are vehemently opposed to dot mobile.

Makes you wonder....🤔

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious said "Rogers is getting their hands in everywhere..... I wonder if pm will come up with a competitive response like they did when shaw entered the market?"

Your right... They are getting their hands in everywhere. They own Zoomer, Cityfone, Primus, Simply Connect, Chatr, and probably more. Plus carriers like Phone Box, Airalo, and Internatonal SIMs seem to perfer rogers as their network. 

Also with their Shawgers merge who knows what will happen. Heck, They might just keep Freedom Mobile and add it to their big list of carriers that they already own. 

I'm not a fan of rogers but their network seems to be the most popular amoung resellers/MVNO's. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EltonB : Hey. I was not accusing you of anything. I was merely adding my 2 cents about the company and their offerings. You do whatever works for you.

EltonB

@Anonymous I never suggested anyone should leave PM. For me, the other offer is a much better value than what I had.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not low enough base rates to interest me. And Rogers is not entirely great here in the mountains and valleys of BC. Telus rules out here.

EltonB

Hope you get more not less @darlicious 😄

@EltonB 

Too late to find out now......my account(s) might get a ittle bit more crowded with freebies or it might have a few less referrals soon....🤔

@BearFBI 

I was admonishing you but @computergeek541  got me in a double whammy!

Abyssmal.....😭

EltonB

@darlicious I would stay if they had.

@EltonB 

Those are great higher data plans and a pretty good easy to track referral rewards. Of course click on the plans for the UK and Australia and it makes you want to cry! An easy option for US travellers too!

Rogers is getting their hands in everywhere..... I wonder if pm will come up with a competitive response like they did when shaw entered the market?

EltonB

Yes Dabr,

All plans seem better than ours 😞 even Australia's.

EltonB

Yea sorry guys,

If this is not the right place to post. I apologize!

I just didn't use the forum often.

Thanks,

BearFBI

Rogers seems to be the carrier of choice for these hidden carriers. 

Must be cheaper I guess.

@computergeek541 Could this thread get moved to the lounge ?

EltonB

And to clarify, I never had any problems with PM service. 

I was a few of the lucky ones for the service to work great.

There was a little hiccup in the beginning but never had an issue after.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks,

EltonB

Sadly, this one is on Rogers. But they have Telus offer as well but its less gb.

Thanks,

EltonB

Never say never! 😄

Thanks, 

BearFBI

@EltonB Valid Point, PM is not the place for 4G LTE speed. 

They must be getting a lot of new customers, wow. Even I noticed it !

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

With porting number so easy these day, maybe one day you will come back  🙂

All the best  🙂

(hey.. PB Prepaid actually using Telus system. )

EltonB

Yes, but I value LTE over 3G and 6gb more LTE is alot for me. 

But I understand your opinion.

Thanks,

EltonB

Yes, Phonebox is a small company. You can find there plans on their site. I dont want to write more about it because I don't want to do a promo for their site. Its very easy to find by using google. I first saw about them in an add online. Its a great plan and they seem to be a Light MNO.

Thats all I will say not to promo for them as I dont get paid. 😄

Its sad that the 40$ 4gb LTE has remained the same on PM. At the time, it was great but the offers have evolved.

BearFBI

@EltonB Hey, I just noticed that too. I was about to make a post about it in the lounge. 

You may have been better off staying with PM but upgrading to the 50$ plan. With your rewards it would've brought it down to the same price.... Just no 4G data. 

But if 4G data matters to you, That seems to be the hottest new customer deal you could get right now.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EltonB    Sorry to hear you've decided to leave, but totally understandable if you're getting better value/features elsewhere. 

Also thanks for sharing where you're going, although must admit I'd never heard of them before, plus they're based in BC?  Sounds like some interesting plans too.

Edit:  Still for anyone not requiring a lot of data, PM's plans are still the better value, IMO... 😊

Edit 2:  Those roaming plans for UK/Australia are very interesting too!

Need Help? Let's chat.