cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad state of affairs in the world

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This year didn’t take long to go from a normal year to what ever it is now.

Im just so sad at this current time. I have cried more then once these last few days and have made it a point to just stay off the internet in general. Yet still I think it’s okay to take a sneak peak at the news or Twitter. Nope. Twitter is full of hate. News is full of all the awful things that are happening.

I been attacked on twitter for wanting there to be peace and happiness for all. Sorry I haven’t been on here. It’s just too stressful right now. I’m hardly doing therapy because I’m just so drained let one jumping on here trying to help others.

There is so much hate in this world. Please to anyone reading this do something nice. It will make a world of a difference to someone no matter how small the act is.

Be Kind Be Caring Be Safe 

Brett 

8 REPLIES 8

MotoBey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am saddened to read your post.

I hope the following will be an encouragement to you.

In school, they say we learn the 3 R's Reading, 'Righting, 'Rithmetic. Sadly, the latter 2 are misspelt.

Let me suggest something else for you to do besides paying attention to the bad news and toxic social media.

Here is a shortlist of good news sites:

https://globalgoodness.ca/en/?gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq708F1kZ9pBVjvwGfWogu5imobcfmHqSL-T1T9RR...

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOe_y6KKvS3PdIfb9q9pGug

Now here are my 4 R's for you.

Record: Your thoughts, your activities, your performances.

Review: Take another look at yourself through your recordings, journal entries etc as an asynchronous mirror.

Reflect: Think about what you've done, seen, spoken and how you responded to events and others.

Revise: Change what has not worked in small incremental ways that can be sustained. 

Let me know if this is clear and helpful.

Warmly,

D

Korth
Mayor / Maire

If social media isn't adding anything positive to your life then cut away from it. There are other social interfaces and there are other media which don't expose you to masses of online ignorance, stupidity, trolling, and hate.

TheGx

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice to see you're still around @TheGx .

FAR more amplified in the states but I worry that our cops would look at what their cops can get away with and be jealous and be using more of those tactics. We're already militarized. Just not to the same degree as them.

What kind of person wants to become a cop anyway? What? I can do that? And be that way to people and get away with it? Sign me up!

They all have it in them. Most just keep it bottled. The few let it out.

It's the silence of all the others when one of them does something that speaks volumes.

I don't get it.

You are right they are already militarized, that is why the De-fund the police movement is so important and getting serious consideration from everyone especially many university professors.

Look at the video of what they did to Chief Allen Adam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQIP4SKC8Zk 

Look at what they did to George Floyd and the countless others - literally countless others because think of all the others that aren't recorded and they cover it up even more.

Racism is one of the reasons why this happens, but it isn't how it's happening - it's keeps happening because we as a people give them the power to do it once and keep doing it to us. Racism is one of the many reasons why, as z said in above many just like bullying, so their are many reasons why - but only one reason how they do it, and that is because we as a people have made laws allowing them a virtual monopoly on the use of force.

Look at the video above, look at the video of George Floyd, we are not legally allowed to defend ourselves against them and even those witnessing it are not allowed by law to defend the lives of victims of brutality - we are afraid to be charged with resisting arrest or obstructing them or another dumb charge, that is why everyone just stood around watching them kill George Floyd and even the wife of Chief Allen Adam was too afraid to help when her husband was being brutalized by them right in front of her eyes.

So, De-funding them means to take away the power that we have given them and that they are abusing, is doesn't mean anarchy - it just means that our tax dollars won't pay for equipping them with the taser or pepper spray the use on other humans, so they'll have less toys to use on people, and they'll just have to be like the rest of us instead of above us.

It also means taking away their monopoly on use of force, meaning that if we repeal(cancel) the laws that give them unequal power over us like not make it illegal to resist arrest not make it illegal to defend ourselves even against the state - we will be on equal legal footing with them instead of below them legally. Will it make their jobs harder, of course - but most importantly we can legally defend ourselves legally instead of being forced to do nothing when being beaten or killed or witnessing them do it.

If they don't like it they can quit and find another job like they quit in solidarity when they pushed the 75-year-old and hospitalized him - I rather all the bullies quit and leave room for good officers to stay, instead of the bad always bullying out the good officers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeewU0HhNE 

Look at video above and see how the bad cop pushes away another cop bending down to check on the guy?

Even news reporters are being brutalized regularly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPLCFi01ss 

She lost her eyesight because they are funded to have these military style equipment and use it on everyone - this is not new they've been brutalizing protesters and others ever since they've been given this military equipment.

De-funding them is are serious consideration as it should be, because why shouldn't we hope for a better world? De-funding doesn't mean an unsafe society, it just means using something other than the already proven toxic systemic institution, it means exploring other alternatives that could work better than them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJpQI2HNHxI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbApKLjIzjY 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIkOG2vtE1g  - Desmond Cole listen to this guy if you care.

We have to stop being afraid to think of alternatives, stop being afraid to help - they've groomed us to accept them using force on us without letting us resist their force, just like child predators groom their victims into thinking it's normal to be abused. Resisting abuse should not be illegal it is normal to pull away when they grab you it is normal it run when they chase you is it normal to resist when they put you in a cage - even animals resist, this should not be illegal, in Iceland or somewhere in Europe it is not illegal to escape lawful custody it's just normal instinct to not resist harm.

It's time to help, it's time to vote to DE-FUND them.

yanzhiqiang

No news is good news, it is true.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

It does seem there's a lot more of the hateful comments online these days, but it's hard to know how many of these accounts are being run by a few well organized entities or individuals.   Obviously, the internet has provided an "incredible" opportunity to flood the comment section/social media forums with negative and spiteful comments because of the relative anonymity and because it's very hard to police the thousands of comments that can be posted within seconds or minutes.

So I try to keep some perspective, although it's not always easy, that many of these comments are probably the work of bots operated by people/groups who have a particular agenda.   It certainly isn't helpful to hear and read negative words/phrases to describe whole groups of people or communities either from our so called "leaders" or just individuals.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99 Spend more time here - you may open all the +ve topics you wish. I sympathise with hiding; 1 year into Trump years I went cold turkey on all news for 6 months and recovered my equanimity.

My daughter swears by meditation as a method to manage -ve energy. So experiment. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see you're still around @TheGx .

FAR more amplified in the states but I worry that our cops would look at what their cops can get away with and be jealous and be using more of those tactics. We're already militarized. Just not to the same degree as them.

What kind of person wants to become a cop anyway? What? I can do that? And be that way to people and get away with it? Sign me up!

They all have it in them. Most just keep it bottled. The few let it out.

It's the silence of all the others when one of them does something that speaks volumes.

I don't get it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Sending thoughtful supports your way!

Stay strong, but remember it is also okay to feel weak/sad. We are only human.

Need Help? Let's chat.