cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM from long time user

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI All,

That user who posted here with "FREEDOM" has also be private messaging users for his spam message

I have reported it, hope PM will follow up with  appropriate action

15 REPLIES 15

I didn't even bother to click the spam link, since it was obvious what it was about and where it would go.

It turns out I have a not-mainstream and very-unpopular opinion on the whole Freedom trucker driver border thing anyhow. It's better that I don't comment more about it here, better that I don't respond to any comments about it here.

Although I did bother to respond to the obnoxious spam by clicking a report. Don't send me any more, thank you.

We can agree on one thing @Anonymous 

Their site, their forum, their rules.

In my experience, when questioning something leads to an overly defensive response (or no response at all) it's because those who developed the item being questioned figure they'll have difficulty defending it and/or don't want to dig a deeper hole for themselves.

Asking "why" or "why not" should never be discouraged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I would disagree that questioning the actions isn't seen as any of those listed in the T&C's. There's a little country on the edge of the Mediterranean that doesn't like any questioning of them. Suddenly that questioner is labeled as being against them.

Anyway...my post was more a bit of snark towards the enforcement of the house rules... in the lounge. But they're their rules.

Please don't get me wrong, what's that saying...I may disagree with an opinion but I'll defend the right for it to be expressed... or something like that. But the house has its own rules... which is their right.

Indeed @Anonymous,  politicians can be defined as a "group"

However, questioning a group's actions/motives, is not:

• Racism
  • Bigotry
  • Hatred
  • Aggressive
  • Insulting

It amazes me how many people (all of a sudden) have chosen to implicitly trust their elected officials.

Sure, some of their actions may be well thought-out and seemingly wholehearted, however none of us should ever forget their primary objective is to ensure the actions they take (or do not take take) cement their re-electability.

That IS their primary objective. 

There was pretty much no thread/no content. The post was blank. Others threads were simply links without any context.  They may as well have been links to sell something or to generate traffic to those sites. I handled that as spam.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Be very careful what you say around here. Politicians would be defined as a "group". Heaven forbid they might get offended by opinions expressed here and therefor your opinions might get removed from here.

Canada does have this,  @CountyDownIeUk 

They're just too darn afraid to offend ANYONE.

They're also too busy thinking about what serves their own interests vs what actions they may take and how those actions may affect their re-electability.  

You do realize, this is all posturing and politics,  right?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I didn't move the thread but it was probably moved because of some of the language used at specific groups of people

ShawnC13_0-1645414236838.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CountyDownIeUk, that is just the CSA canned response to many reports even ones that aren't SPAM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I received one too from @OG 

Not acceptable for this forum. Nor would I support the Freedom Truckers. 

How is is it that Canada doesn’t have the mechanism in place to prevent a group from shutting down a city, border crossing,  a building front, preventing  the flow of needed goods and caused unemployment. 

Would it not be easier to have a federal law for defining a blockade of a street, building, sidewalk etc and act accordingly?

Last time I was in Victoria there were protests on the street at the parliament buildings. Pro and anti vaxxers.....they prevented use of sidewalk and certainly did not feel safe. 

CSA says @Og was a third party....I don’t think so. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : We're all in a community. All the regulars know all the regulars. The regulars recognize many of the infrequent users.

If you don't like what he's saying then ask him to kindly refrain from wasting his time sending pm's to you.

There is always someone starting a conversation. Is that an "unsolicited message or junk"? I guess technically, sure. So someone steps into an elevator with you and starts into "so how 'bout them Leafs eh". You deal with it then.

But, if someone starts into "wanna buy a drill" (true story) then that's, in effect, unsolicited spam.

We all have differences in opinion. If you don't want to hear it or engage with it then you respectfully ask them not to include you in their conversation. Or even just delete it and don't engage.

HI @Anonymous , maybe not "spam" then, but is an unsolicited message or junk?  

HI @Meow , Yes, I am surprise junk from an actual user.  And I recall he posted some very rude messages on the Community before.  And there was time he post a "false" covid related post, too

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...it isn't spam. He's just spreading the information that he agrees with to those that he might think are sympathetic to his thinking.

I'm not sure why the one word subject line thread was removed. Maybe the Oracle didn't like _my_ post 🙂 nothing new there. Unless there was another post and _that_ was actual spam.

This is the lounge. These kinds of threads should be allowed to stay.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

First time I received spam from actual PM user. But then it does not mean he/she is actual PM customer but just have a Community account and even has solutions, etc.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

As have I - they sent me an unsolicited link to an article written by former NFLD premier Brian Peckford for the Epoch Times.

The subject user's FREEDOM thread on the Lounge was archived by @computergeek541 a few days ago. (& rightfully so)

I'm guessing the user may be close to being banned.

Need Help? Let's chat.