cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM Calls

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

"Up to one-quarter of all calls on mobile networks in Canada are spam right now"

The excerpt above from CBC news today, Nov 30, 2021. Could this be true, or is PM/TELUS doing a good job filtering such calls? Fortunately, I don't happen to receive more than one a week. 😊

4 REPLIES 4

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Wow! ". . . there have been days when those spam calls probably number 100% of my daily call log."

@dabr 

@sa7375    Lol...perhaps a tad exaggeration on my part, but I think there might have been the odd day or two when that happened though not recently...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

There are a lot of spoofing calls too. The last call I return the call within a minute on an unlisted number and the woman at the other end said she didn’t call anybody because she was working.

Told her that her number is probably spoofed.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wow! ". . . there have been days when those spam calls probably number 100% of my daily call log."

@dabr 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

"Up to one-quarter of all calls on mobile networks in Canada are spam right now"

The excerpt above from CBC news today, Nov 30, 2021. Could this be true, or is PM/TELUS doing a good job filtering such calls? Fortunately, I don't happen to receive more than one a week. 😊

@sa7375     One quarter of all cell calls?    Yep that's a lot and probably fairly accurate.   Like you I don't receive them often either, but there have been days when those spam calls probably number 100% of my daily call log... 😁   

Luckily that's become way less frequent..

Need Help? Let's chat.