cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

CowheadUK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site. A couple of questions about rewards please!

1. Hoe will I know if my friends have joined up? Is it an automatic process?

2. Why are rewards offered for people asking random, probably inane questions? Answers I understand but why for asking quezzies?!!

11 REPLIES 11

CowheadUK

That’s really helpful, thank you.

@CowheadUK 

The community rewards are essentially set up to encourage new members to learn about public mobiles services, your self serve account, your device and how to manage them, troubleshoot and solve your own issues. When it comes to account or technical issues you are then referred to the moderator team and if necessary the tech team to handle solving system issues.

When i started here a year ago i was a technologically challenged flip phoner with a steep learning curve. I likened it to attending PM community college as you learn and get more courses under your belt you in turn can help others on their "higher" learning experience. It all depends on whether you feel comfortable and enjoy sharing your time and eventually your expertise  with others. If you stick around for the diploma then its a calling you need to fufill.

Some use this new found knowledge for referrals and help manage their friends and families accounts for those who dont have the time or wherewithall to do it themselves  but still want to save money with public mobile. Some of us do a combination of the two by spending a considerable amount of time here helping out. Community service here is not imposed but the pay is terrible....its volunteer work with a bit of socializing.

Its pretty easy to earn $1 or $2 but where as previous to this year there would be a steady rotation of the regular members moving between badge levels of the top 1%, 5% and 10% as the ebb and flow of life occurs ( job demands, holidays, seasonal changes etc,..) However this year while there has been some movement the top two contributors have been prolific and speedy when posting and recieving both bravos and solutions. Of which all three play some role in the calculation of the secret formula for the community reward level/badge you recieve. Lately one thing is for sure.....its all or nothing...... theres no real medium. A couple of hours a week will likely get you $2 as would a couple of hours a day. Even $5 has become difficult to reach.....use your time wisely! Its about the giving....not the recieving.

@gpixel wrote:

@AE_Collector oh, I'm talking about when creating a topic question. I wasn't talking about post questions or replies. 

But posting a new topic isn’t necessarily a question. I have only started 21 new topics and I have only handed out 2 “Solutions” because my “new topics” are rarely questions but are rather statements, or attempts to clarify etc. 

Yes presumably most topics originate as questions but I myself doubt that the initial topic post is automatically relegated to being a non rewards eligible post. Though that may be one more small explanation for my dismal $2/month performance around here in addition to the 16 Solutions I have walked off with in 20 months including reading 111,000 Messages read and 2100 replies.

But the formula is a secret so who really knows!

AE_Collector

CowheadUK

So, are you one of the top percentile?!! 🤑🤑🤑

@AE_Collector oh, I'm talking about when creating a topic question. I wasn't talking about post questions or replies. 

@gpixel 

I’m not so sure about that...

If posting whether in a new topic or adding a post to an existing topic is part of the formula for rewards, it wont likely make any difference whether it is a question or an answer.

AE_Collector 

CowheadUK

Well, there we go. I will consider myself told.

thank you.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@CowheadUK rewards aren't offered for asking questions. questions count as a contribution to your reward. 

asking random questions do not count towards your contribution. neither do posts in the lounge

it enables users to come back and learn more about how the system works, instead of changing the system to accomodate the users.

I have a feeling they can't even do this if they wanted too... I think if they wanted to make the site better, they would have to do a massive overhaul. basically start from scratch

"we know our system is a headache, but learn how to manage your account yourself and avoid reoccurring issues in our system and we'll pay you" 🤗

@CowheadUK Log into your self service account and look at the rewards section of your overview page. You should see the $1 There if your friend activated. You can also check the last 4 digits of the number here. 20200512_195312.jpg

Congratulations on the referral. And as to number 2 it takes guts to ask for help. Stay safe. 

CowheadUK

I also understand the irony of my post...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CowheadUK wrote:

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site. A couple of questions about rewards please!

1. Hoe will I know if my friends have joined up? Is it an automatic process?

2. Why are rewards offered for people asking random, probably inane questions? Answers I understand but why for asking quezzies?!!

Hi @CowheadUK ,

1-You should receive a message that you "Referred a Friend". And it will show under your rewards section on your Self Serve account.

2-Good Question!

Need Help? Let's chat.