cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reviews of Xiaomi Mi A2?

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I decided to post this in The Lounge because it's not really PM related. I am just wondering how many of you have the Xiaomi Mi A2.  I'd like some honest reviews. If you purchased it online can you share with me where you purchased from. I am hesitant on a few websites ive found it on.

I've done alot of research on the phone itself. Just trying to get feedback from users who own this device.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Salmonlips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my wife and i both have a2's!

upgraded from a le max 2 and a redmi pro 3 (or something like that)

camera is better than both of those, i'm not sure about spec but i know lemax2 was highly spec'd in its time and the a2 blows it away in terms of day to day performance and battery life.

with pretty good usage, i can get through a full day comfortably...

0 regrets

any questions in specific??

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashleyb first of all, I wanted to say this thread could easily have gone into the "Phones & Hardware" area, as it actually is on-topic for that forum.  

I don't have any personal experience with Xiaomi but know they are incredibly popular in other regions.  One thing that may or may not apply to that model that would be a big put off for me is their recent monetization scheme: https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/.  That said, if this doens't scare you or you plan to run a custom ROM that would render this issue moot, then I think they probably make great hardware with an excellent value-for-$-spent.  From what I have seen in review videos, I don't care for their MIUI skin on top of Android, but again this is from zero personal experience, and also moot if you paln to go custom ROM.  

I will add:  if you plan to import one, it looks like either variation (https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_(mi_6x)-9140.php) will work fine for calling, texting, and HSPA+ data, while the Asian-market variation will not give you very good 4G LTE data support as it lacks band 4 LTE, while the international variant should be fine for everything.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't have personal information, just anecdotal reports.  The MiA2 has a better low light camera than the note 5 that I have done some testing on.  Seeing that you are a galaxy phone user, you are going to be taking a step back using the MiA2 on camera performance.  The camera does not have OIS.  Low light performance is likely to be inferior.  It will outperform on user experience.  Android one OS is bare android.  There will be no bloat and OS updates will be delivered in a timely manner by Google.  The huge money savings will bring a ton of smiles.  If shopping for Xiaomi phones, I strongly recommend using the Xiaomi global store on AliExpress.  I bought from that source and have several people I know.  Never had to pay taxes.  The standard shipping includes full tracking and is free.  Expect to receive shipment in 2-3 weeks, longer with the postal disruption.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3625055

Need Help? Let's chat.