cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retired Oracles

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.Screenshot_20200519-230012.png

59 REPLIES 59

@Rockdaddy22 

I understand why it's not automatic some people may want to retain their anonymity as i just thought awhile back you had a cool username. I think it was @srlawren that set me straight. What should have been automatic was the private message asking you what your preference is? Maybe it's up to you to be proactive on this and say something in the announcement thread.

If your uncomfortable tooting your own horn i dont mind advocating for you with my big mouth but if theres anything i should know ahead of time it would be best to message me about it. Sometimes i can be the bane of pm's existence and I think they might do things just to shut me up! If you believe it's the right thing to do then it's worth fighting for....everyone should be treated equally and without discrimination. I mean is it possible to rock too much?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I guess I just don’t understand why it’s not automatic. 

@Rockdaddy22 

100% you do........every one deserves it in the community but now your stuck in the abyss of the lounge. Don't ask me why only oracles, moderators and retired oracles have those powers. I suggest you ask @Tiana_V up in the official announcement rather than down in the lounge where this discussion was sent after I spoiled the party....i guess?

Or start a new thread in discussions: Re:tired Rockdaddy22  I 2 deserve 2 recieve my honorary title.

Ask for a yay or nay vote from the community......worse case scenario you get sent back here.

Rockdaddy22

Why am I disrespected like this 😞 

I’m a retired oracle and deserve the title. Can we make this happen?

Thank you all Oracle's for your dedication to the community and all those who replied. More insight into the history of the team. It helps the community understand the position.....and is the last thread I'll be able to start using the bravo leaderboard as a reference. And it appears yet again my keen eyes of observation beat public mobile to the punch.

I'm happy you are getting the recognition you deserve for your dedicated hard work except @Rockdaddy22  (?!!) But hey with that name you get probably get more recognition from adoring fans than the others....i know it stood out for me! That rocking chair quip meant no disrespect I just have the tendency to tease sometimes (right @ShawnC13 ) and use analogies that other ones sometimes don't appreciate.

Maybe that's the reason my dedication to the community often gets demoted to the lounge where it receives no official recognition. But it looks like the whole oracle team has been sent to the abyss to spend all of eternity with me! Or would that be purgatory? Limbo? Sometimes what you wish for is its own version of hell. Hmmmm.....purgatory gives me a long time to entertain you with one of my latest and greatest metaphors.

Go team! Can you give me an "O" an "R" an "A ".....what I don't have any takers? No cheerleaders for the Oracle team? Oh wait...were in the lounge where nobody sees this.....oh well your decision.

@Anonymous wrote:

What I also find interesting is that stonechucker and imm1304 aren't in bold either (let alone Rockdaddy22). They both still have their Oracle avatars. But not called Retired Oracle.

Do I recall correctly that srlawren was not bolded either until this new thing

We were told that the message was sent out to Oracles who stepped down recently with the exception of srlawren (current Oracles were asked how we felt with this) who is still active in the community compared to those other members who have stepped down.

As for the Avatars, any Oracle who steps down can still keep their custom avatar that is until they change it then they wouldn't have access to the custom feature.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Why are we not all treated equally, I’m not quite understanding this. 

I would agree unless an Oracle got somehow bounced for cause or some kind of indiscretion. But I certainly don't know anything about that except for your hint of you not stepping down leaving us all hanging.

Rockdaddy22

Why are we not all treated equally, I’m not quite understanding this. 

@Anonymous wrote:

What I also find interesting is that stonechucker and imm1304 aren't in bold either (let alone Rockdaddy22). They both still have their Oracle avatars. But not called Retired Oracle.

Do I recall correctly that srlawren was not bolded either until this new thing?

srlawren wasn't bolded as Mayor. The reason that my username stayed in bold has to do with that I went straight from Oracle to Retired Oracle. This was easy to setup because I had already talked to Public Mobile about this a few weeks ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I recall correctly that srlawren was not bolded either until this new thing?

Rockdaddy22

I’m always around, just don’t post much. 

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I did not step down. 

?

... but really none of my business

I just recently joined the retired Oracle ranks. We all have our reasons.  It's good to see that you had a chance to check in with all of us. 

@wetcoaster wrote:

(I think there was at least one more retired oracle before my time.)

That would be @7789849803. Martin completes the list out of those not yet mentioned in this thread.

Rockdaddy22

Yeah really, where’s my retired Oracle tag or whatever lol I always thought we should have something like this, great to see. Glad to see everyone’s still working hard. 

Rockdaddy22

I did not step down. 

@Rockdaddy22  stepped down at the same time as @imm1304 (after @srlawren, if my timeline is correct?)

I feel (s)he is just falling through the cracks of this recognition thing since (s)he never had a custom avatar. Obviously, if that's their choice, it's none of my business, but mentioning the one but not the other, one has to wonder... (I think there was at least one more retired oracle before my time.)

At the end of the day these things are between Public Mobile and the according user, so what do I know... 

@Naepalm wrote:

A quick question out of interest. How long do oracles typically stay on as oracles? 

For the most part, they can stay as long as they wish, as long as they're still around here to some extent. Remember that this it's about the long haul. Some days, someone can be more active, while other days not having time to log in.

srlawren

For anyone curious that has not seen the official announcement from @Tiana_V , please see here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Updates-May-2020/m-p/545918#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious Good feature. Obviously people who were Oracles should be rewarded for everything they've done in the past, even if that means a tittle on forum. It is a great recognition. Thank you all Oracles and great PM community!

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

Do stonechucker and Imm1304 need to ask for it? Why don't they have it? That's just on that list above that I can see.

@Anonymous I can't say 100%.  For me, I received a private message from Tiana yesterday asking if I would like to remain a Mayor or have the new label.  I (obviously) chose the new label, but it's possible stonechucker and imm1304 have not responded as of yet.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

This is really cool to see, it can also help with thiae question some new users have about apecial avatars they can now see that is because the person used to be an oracle and I am sure at heart you all carry that role in some fashion even after hanging up the skates. 

A quick question out of interest. How long do oracles typically stay on as oracles? 

Lastly, thanks for all the work you guys do I have seen nothing but good leadership from each of those atNding as oracles right now. 

Take that with a grain of salt since I am new. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for noticing and bringing this up darlicious.

I think I would've preferred something along the lines of the governmental vein like Governor or something but Retired Oracle gets it done too.

Do stonechucker and Imm1304 need to ask for it? Why don't they have it? That's just on that list above that I can see.

Big shout out to computergeek541. Great work. Always just there. No flame wars as long as I can remember. Enjoy puttering in the garden and Florida in the winters 🙂

Thanks

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.You can always ask an Oracle for help with any problem, but please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Whats an oracle do?

@ShawnC13 @computergeek541 @SD08 

Thank you for the insight. All of the oracles certainly deserve it. It's not a position to be taken lightly and bears a lot of responsibility.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious yeah this is new today.  It is something we have been asking for quite a while and it is great to see if finally happen and recognize these great folks for all their contributions.  I think the Oracles that have stepped down in the last year or so were offered this.  I know @srlawren retired a few years ago but is definitely deserving of the title.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@SD08 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.

I'm told there will be an announcement explaining it all soon.  Stay tuned.

The title is in plain view, so it's no secret any more. 

SD08

@darlicious wrote:

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.

I'm told there will be an announcement explaining it all soon.  Stay tuned.

Oracles who recently decided to no longer be part of this program were offered this title. Each Retired Oracle has his reasons for stepping down. Retired Oracles maintain the same abilities as current ones, but without necessarily having the same expectations placed upon them.

Need Help? Let's chat.