cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove your masks in public?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Are you guys allowed to remove your masks in public? I dont see our province letting us do that anytime soon sadly. 

For me the only way to tell that covid is truly over is when costco is giving out samples again lol

[new title to reflect topic ..... Luddite]

36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFPartDeux : It was a saying I heard a couple years ago as a sarcastic thanks to something for letting something happen. Obviously it's old news now. 🙂

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate the mask. I will wear it when I have to. I'm in the Okanagan. What with too many locals being apparently a bunch of idiot anti-vaxxers combined with a bunch of same thinking Albertans...this place is going crazy and now we have a local mask requirement back. Thanks Obama.

What is there to be hesitant about people?!!! The numbers dropped beautifully as vaccination numbers went up. That doesn't mean you can sit back and say meh. Get the shot!!!

Dang I hate idiots. Because now all the rest of the sensible people have to be inconvenienced because of your idiocy.

While I agree with the majority of your post, I have to ask - what does the part in bold have to do with the rest of your post? 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate the mask. I will wear it when I have to. I'm in the Okanagan. What with too many locals being apparently a bunch of idiot anti-vaxxers combined with a bunch of same thinking Albertans...this place is going crazy and now we have a local mask requirement back. Thanks Obama.

What is there to be hesitant about people?!!! The numbers dropped beautifully as vaccination numbers went up. That doesn't mean you can sit back and say meh. Get the shot!!!

Dang I hate idiots. Because now all the rest of the sensible people have to be inconvenienced because of your idiocy.

It seems like the public can elect to wear masks or remove masks as they like, mostly.

Some people don't wear masks. Some people do wear masks. You can go into a store or bank or whatever, nobody bothers to smile, glare, or comment on masks either way.

Some people are still so stupidly paranoid/confused that they'll routinely wear their masks as tight as possible even when alone, driving in a sealed car, with no other traffic or pedestrians in sight.

And it seems like about 90% of all open-to-the-pubic businesses require their staff to wear masks. Especially restaurants.

But I betcha those masks will be coming back when cold & flu season begins again, school year begins, cold wet dark season begins, etc. Probably gonna be our "new normal" for a decade or more.

stevenanto

@Anonymous Its kinda like the system was effected by covid haha

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stevenanto : The portion of the thread was deemed off topic (in the lounge... who knew) and was sliced out and made in to its own thread which then makes it look like someone was the OP (you in this case). The subject line was kept though (as happens). Due to the fact that that would confuse with the ongoing subject, Luddite came along and changed "your" OP subject line. All is good.

stevenanto

Oh boy, how did this happen? sorry for the error, no clue what happened there, maybe I left my laptop on and the kids might have hit something I really don't know lol. 

Sorry guys. 

@Anonymous 

Good we are all on the same page....dang I was going to have some fun with @stevenanto !😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : It's already done. Check out the OP and the red lettering.

@Anonymous 

How's that? That should get his attention....lol!😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFPartDeux : I thought it would be more important to change the first post subject line. That way that's what shows up in the list of threads.

CFPartDeux

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Just a "wee" bit.....? Lol!!🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, I was being semi-diplomatic! 🙄   Aaaaand, now that you've added cat pics, and other stuff, that'll probably get chopped out into yet another thread with the same title! 🙄🙄🙄

That is, until Luddite reads this thread and decides it should have a new title, even though the original title remains on each of the posts. 😐

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

It's the lounge within the lounge. Have a seat on the chaise lounge. I'll get you today's special.... a lounge island ice tea!🍹

And will soon probably resemble that old Clairol commercial..... "and so on, and so on", to the point of infinite threads of the same title..... 🙄

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

Look I found maximum gato, spook and vlad......

Hmmm, of course I've seen pics and mentions of Max, but I don't THINK I've seen anything about Spook before, and I've definitely not seen any previous mention of Vlad. Vlad kind of has a "look" about him..... was he friendly, or kind of ornery? Definitely a big ol' furball, like our cat!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Yeah, I was being semi-diplomatic! 🙄   Aaaaand, now that you've added cat pics, and other stuff, that'll probably get chopped out into yet another thread with the same title! 🙄🙄🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think it's rather silly to slice out portions of lounge threads. So @stevenanto...could you please edit the subject line of the first post? Maybe instead of Re: it could say Sliced from or some such thing. It will confuse the Aug 6th updates intended for the actual topic.

@AE_Collector 

It's the lounge within the lounge. Have a seat on the chaise lounge. I'll get you today's special.... a lounge island ice tea!🍹

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

LOL, just noticed this part of the topic got chopped out of the larger topic and sent to the lounge… where it originated! 

Except that, the larger topic was already in the Lounge. As for it being "chopped out", can't say I'm surprised, since some folks are a wee bit OCD about threads that go off topic..... that, and if you look at the larger topic, some of the posts that belong here got left behind for some reason.... 🙄

Yes that is what I meant “chopped out and left in the lounge… where it originated”.

AE_Collector

@softech 

Lol....look at my old polaroid tv with built in cd player in the background!

I love cat!!!

@hairbag1 

Lol....I have many micro sd cards and adapters the problem has been the thousands of photos on regular sized sd cards. I finally bought a card reader compatible with my tablet but I keep getting an error with the two dozen different different ways I have tried to import the photos as a file or transfer, edit, share etc....the only thing that is working is uploading them one at a time.....that I eventually plan to download to a micro sdcard. So I can view them instead of looking at hard black plastic with shiny metal and reminiscing about the good old days.....pre-covid  from vancouver 2010 to my discovery of pm late summer 2019......my digital camera decade.

Look I found maximum gato, spook and vlad......

DSCF9046.JPGDSCF8970.JPGDSCF9016.JPG

@darlicious...for around $20 at WallyWorld, you can buy a SD adapter. The micro sim fits in the slot in a regular size SD frame. Once you take your pictures, you take the micro out of the adapter for use wherever it fits.

I'm uploading photos from camera's sd cards so I can transfer them to micro sd cards ( hey I can't do that straight thru a card reader can I?) Anyhow I came across this beauty from the pne barns.....

Screenshot_20210725-081138~3.png

Straight from the horse's mouth you say?

@CFPartDeux 

CFPartDeux

@AE_Collector wrote:

LOL, just noticed this part of the topic got chopped out of the larger topic and sent to the lounge… where it originated! 

Except that, the larger topic was already in the Lounge. As for it being "chopped out", can't say I'm surprised, since some folks are a wee bit OCD about threads that go off topic..... that, and if you look at the larger topic, some of the posts that belong here got left behind for some reason.... 🙄

I am really happy I got double dosed with moderna. Now if I could only double up on hip replacements I would be good to go!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@stevenanto @darlicious @CFPartDeux @AE_Collector @popping 

We got our 1st shot and waiting for the email to go in for our 2nd shot.

Since we are retired, I don’t go out as much either but if I don’t to go shopping. I always wait my mask since the virus is air borne and use hand sanitizers at entrances at stores or malls.

CFPartDeux

Aaaaand, I went back to the Montreal Gazette site, and found where they got the info from, so I tinkered around on that site, and came up with this static graph, that shows some interesting trends:

Canada_vs_US_COVID_vaccinations.png

CFPartDeux

The last couple of days I've seen an interesting graph, on the Montreal Gazette site, in their COVID coverage. This thing is probably an animated GIF, which shows the U.S. vs. Canada vaccination rate, over a period of time, and it's rather revealing in the differences between us, and how we've shot past them in terms of "full" vaccinations.

It's really sad to see states like Alabama, where the vaccination rate is only about 33%, and how the cases are shooting up, while people STILL refuse a free shot. 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.