cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove your masks in public?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Are you guys allowed to remove your masks in public? I dont see our province letting us do that anytime soon sadly. 

For me the only way to tell that covid is truly over is when costco is giving out samples again lol

[new title to reflect topic ..... Luddite]

36 REPLIES 36

I saw some figures on the amount of vaccine being wasted due to expiration in the USA that is extremely sad considering the number of countries that have NO vaccine yet. Like Canada the USA has ordered far more than enough to vaccinate every citizen multiple times over which makes sense as the manufacturers all had some delivery problems. But States are likely ordering what they need t odd everyone and then not staying on top of expiration dates to be sure it can be donated with enough time to get used. Just a continuation of the self centred tendencies we’ve been seeing lately. (IMHO of course)

AE_Collector

@CFPartDeux 

Two days officially fully vaccinated. Yes I still wear a mask inside. The public needs to understand that vaccines are not 100% effective and some vaccines efficacy against the delta variant and other emerging variants are much lower. If countries like the US don't get their vaccination rate up over at least 80% and we don't help less fortunate countries vaccinate their populations we will never defeat COVID-19.

Stay--Safe!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, the wife & I are both a little past the two weeks after the 2nd shot, but we're still wearing masks when we're out. Of the places we've been to lately, most of them still have a "Masks Recommended" sign on the door, but oddly enough, the busiest place we've been to in the last few weeks(Real Canadian Superstore), has gone from a "Masks Recommended" sign, a couple weeks ago, to no sign whatsoever, when we went there earlier this week. 😮

The thing that really blows me away, is that I'd guesstimate that at least 50% of the people in the store(both staff & customers) were maskless, and when looking at them, there's got to be a significant portion of them(based on their age) that haven't had their 2nd shot yet. Admittedly, many of them may be in a line of work that allowed them to get fully shot up ahead of the general population, but I seriously doubt all of them were. For that matter, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them were anti-vaxxers, and haven't even had 1 shot yet, but are taking advantage(in their minds) of the current regulations.

Too many folks aren't well informed that the bulk of new infections/illnesses/hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated. 🙄

@stevenanto 

We're in stage 3 so in two weeks when I'm fully vaccinated I can just be more relaxed about it. But I don't get out that much so its not like I'm going work or riding public transit. I am just waiting  patiently for THE CALL....to be a patient. 😃

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree.  I will keep my mask on for a bit longer even I have my second shot about 1 month ago.  Doctors are worry about the delta variant.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

congrats everyone!!

I got the shots completed.. no, i guess I will choose to keep my mask on even the govt allows mask off.. just in case..

Need Help? Let's chat.