Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder: Daylight Savings Time 2020

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Reminder:

Daylight Savings Time

at 2am your local standard time turned forward 1 hour to Sunday, March 8, 2020, 3 am local daylight time instead (unless you live in Saskatchewan, the one province that does not follow daylight saving----lucky you guys!)

Yes, we all lose an hour of our beloved sleepy time! 

daylightsavings-springforward.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

@Korth    Another case of newer is not always better.

Today I Learned that my stupid "smart" Sony alarm clock has been quietly struggling to connect itself on internet, just this morning it finally updated itself with the one hour daylight time change. A week after I already changed it manually, automatically throwing it an hour off target (again).

Cost me an hour of sleep before work. So tomorrow (after sleeping in) I'll pull out a soldering station to lobotomize this annoyingly unhelpful (and intrusive) "smart" internet appliance functionality.

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
In Quebec too, they should forgo moving the time back in the fall and just keep it as it is today.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't mind having a long weekend in the fall, but the shortening of the day is terrible.  I had to be up early this morning to do something that was timing critical.  I feel terrible having to be up an hour early.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Everyone knows this is bad, but it keep going, every time change cause more fatal car accidents, pedestrians hit by cars, and the governments just prertand nothing happened.

If you are going to bed now, make sure you put your clocks forward an hour now. Because if you don't, and if you have to go to work on Sunday, you're gonna be an hour late! Eeck!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Happy to have moved to Saskatchewan where I can now avoid this madness. Cat Tongue

I thought Manitoba was not switching to permanent CDT as of now, but apparently not yet.. . And heard today that Yukon has gone ahead with permanent PDT already - and is not waiting for BC/WA/OR/CA. Good for them! https://globalnews.ca/news/6633447/yukon-permanent-daylight-saving-time/

Livvybabyxo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sheytoon wrote:

The car accidents increase in the first few days after the change, due to the sudden darkness.

In November, evening rush hour accidents increase temporarily. In March, early morning accidents increase temporarily.

Watch out for pedestrians next week if you're an early bird driver!

Very interesting 

Livvybabyxo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so glad I do not have to work Sunday. 

The car accidents increase in the first few days after the change, due to the sudden darkness.

In November, evening rush hour accidents increase temporarily. In March, early morning accidents increase temporarily.

Watch out for pedestrians next week if you're an early bird driver!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

At the time being, those people, who perfer standard time all year round, can move to SK.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good thing in BC we never turn back again keep it all year long.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I was hoping this was going to be our last time in BC for the time change but i don't think we are there quite yet.  Need Washington, Oregon and California to all move to stay on Standard or DST before we do.

Leave it to governments to turn everything into an enduring program long after the reasons for the measures taken in the first place to no longer exist.  It is well established in the medical community that the twice yearly time change is a contributing factor to all sorts of accidents and incidents.  Too bad the government can't be sued for this.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I was hoping this was going to be our last time in BC for the time change but i don't think we are there quite yet.  Need Washington, Oregon and California to all move to stay on Standard or DST before we do.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

If your phone is not setup to use network time, it is time to configure your phone now before going to bed on Saturday night.

sorry, i didn't scroll down further to see the lounge section. go ahead and do that then. I can't delete this message or move it to the lounge...

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

What does this have to do with this service?

@will13am arguably nothing; it should probably be moved to The Lounge.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

What does this have to do with this service?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

🤔2 am est. wonder what happens if this is your renewal payment time? 

@Staliger, I need the extra hour because am always working. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign Less sleep - more productivity and lightSmiley Very Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

On the bright side, we get more daylight.  A small trade off for more time in the sun.

Need Help? Let's chat.