cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: keeping my moms home phone number

Jomp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

will do... and I will probably cancel bell fibe also... they are charging her $300 per month for phone internet and cable and she's using the app for tv at my sisters and she can't even get half the channels she pays for  .....crooks l

13 REPLIES 13

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jomp 

That's incredible... congratulations!  That's an honour well-deserved.  🙂

I met a celebrity today  🙂   👍

Jomp

she will be inducted into The Canadian Dance Hall of Fame this September in Toronto! We are super proud of her.

@Jomp wrote:

Ethel Bruneau or The Miss swing band or Ethel sings the blues... that's me on lead guitar ...ha! she was like 76 years old when we played bourbon street bar!!! thx enjoy

Really?  COOL....

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jomp wrote:

yes it does but if your not on your bell modem or the same network you can only get a few crappy channels ... I was wondering if I could set up a network and make it look like she's at home????

How exactly do you watch TV?  Do you use a phone or special computer app, or via web browser?

The easy answer is "Yes you can" but the honest answer is "it depends."  Most simply, you can setup VPN to connect home first, then all traffic will go through home, so it looks like you're at home.  Depending on what you have, it can be easy or technically advanced.

My router has a VPN server built-in, and I just have to install OpenVPN + use the router's config file and I'm connected. 🙂

Jomp

it's all cool

! she lives with my sister and her kids for now and they all have phones so I'm not worried about that. she only needs a phone...remember when our mobile phones were just a phone?? haha she has no idea how a computer works ..haha! and she does not want to know .... she loves all her old school dance movies and show... she trips out when i show her how many people have seen her dance videos or shows I did with my band and her singing ... hahaha  you can check her out google Ethel Bruneau or The Miss swing band or Ethel sings the blues... that's me on lead guitar ...ha! she was like 76 years old when we played bourbon street bar!!! thx enjoy

@Jomp wrote:

yes it does but if your not on your bell modem or the same network you can only get a few crappy channels ... I was wondering if I could set up a network and make it look like she's at home????

That is similar to Telus. What you can watch on APP at home is much more than what you can watch using Home Depot Wifi. 

But the Global APP is looking good lately as you do NOT have log in using your service provide login. 

And to be honest I find TV:

More commercials than years ago per hour

More American shoot em up programs that shows why they are so gun happy and have  little to no reaction when they see some one being shot

More Fire, Nurse, DR, and Hostpital shows 

We have turned to Netflix!!

If Global App gets me the news...I might just dump our TV programming. 

Jomp

Jomp

hahaha!

@softech wrote:

$300 per month?  that is a good business  LoL

I should have never sold my Bell shares. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Jomp wrote:

will do... and I will probably cancel bell fibe also... they are charging her $300 per month for phone internet and cable and she's using the app for tv at my sisters and she can't even get half the channels she pays for  .....crooks l

Are you guys in the east with Bell services all multi millionaires? Holy that is not good. 

Out of curiosity can the Bell TV APP run through an Apple TV? Then a spare iPad or iPhone would work for her TV (with an Apple TV and a TV). 

Jomp

hahaha! ya right...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

$300 per month?  that is a good business  LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.