Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Chanah

Not missing anything you have hit the nail on the head

The issue is a very small percentage of posters make up an absurdly large percentage of posts

As such they clearly will always dominate ANY metric, be it bravos, solutions, or rewards

The powers that be are asking if the primary metric be a short term smaller number would it encourage newer posters to contribute more

I personally am doubtful as certain posters are basically spamming the forums at this point (using macros and copy + pasting generic answers often without even reading the original question, then getting 50 bravos from their long time good buddies)

Its absurd that some posters get more bravos than we have questions from members posted in a month

@Chanah wrote:

I'm confused. Pretty neutral on the bravos thing, and not sure how it would encourage community participation. As it stands, if people are around, there are likely to be five answers to a question (or one answer with five different wordings) in pretty short order. Those, I wouldn't bother to add another answer to because....why? Or is that what you want?

I usually keep pretty odd hours, so if there's an unanswered question and I know the answer, sure, I'll do it. But I don't see the point to adding another answer to a row of answers. Make sense? Or is that what you want so that people will get a couple dollars off their phone bill? 

What am I missing here?

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

I personally am doubtful as certain posters are basically spamming the forums at this point (using macros and copy + pasting generic answers often without even reading the original question, then getting 50 bravos from their long time good buddies)

Wow. And YOU don't have "buddies"? There are cliques all over the place around here. Pretty sure you're in at least several.

If you don't want to spend the time to maximise your chances for rewards then that's up to you. It doesn't even take a whole lot to get into some rewards.

Macros etc..why not? The questions are so repetitive. Why type it all out yet again for the thousandths time. The response gets honed to be the best response over time.

Need Help? Let's chat.