cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An off topic conversation with some cute kitties....lounged

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  Lol.....its a hard line here on the community when your scolded for too many posts and told to edit your original post and add to it or chided nicely for too much text in your post. I do think i did do a nice job of spacing my paragraphs so it didnt present as a wall of text but a few chapters in a novella or an essay. Given the OPs posts i figured she wouldnt mind my long but well thought post and might even appreciate it. I hope she can at least understand that we care about her situation even if our help in her almost impossible request is only advice and support.

You might have noticed something about my posts and I have never mentioned ever to anyone here on the community until now....but don't ask me my opinion on emojis or emoticons! Too each his own. Everyone is welcome to put their own spin on their comments on the community. I take 99% of all comments, constructive criticism, jest, humour etc....good naturedly and with a laugh but if I had a loonie for every comment on the length of my posts I would have a free phone for life! I certainly can't be accused of gaming the system. If I posted like normal members I would have five times as many.....and that's frightening in itself.

9 REPLIES 9

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Lol.....its a hard line here on the community when your scolded for too many posts and told to edit your original post and add to it or chided nicely for too much text in your post. I do think i did do a nice job of spacing my paragraphs so it didnt present as a wall of text but a few chapters in a novella or an essay. Given the OPs posts i figured she wouldnt mind my long but well thought post and might even appreciate it. I hope she can at least understand that we care about her situation even if our help in her almost impossible request is only advice and support.

You might have noticed something about my posts and I have never mentioned ever to anyone here on the community until now....but don't ask me my opinion on emojis or emoticons! Too each his own. Everyone is welcome to put their own spin on their comments on the community. I take 99% of all comments, constructive criticism, jest, humour etc....good naturedly and with a laugh but if I had a loonie for every comment on the length of my posts I would have a free phone for life! I certainly can't be accused of gaming the system. If I posted like normal members I would have five times as many.....and that's frightening in itself.

I would agree that if you were a gamer, you certainly are an inefficient one with the long posts. 

@CannonFodder 

Thank you for your well thought out, nicely spaced and paragraphed reply. I do appreciate some emojis....they can bring context or display intent that is often lost in a texted message or written word. I just prefer not to use them myself. If I do ever use one....the recipient should feel pretty dang special! The bf loves them. He just doesn't get any from me. Of course for the longest time I had a flip phone with a data block applied so all I would ever get was a small rectangular box.[] Sometimes with an x in it. [X] I always wondered what made it xx special?

@computergeek541  Thank you for moving our off topic posts....I was....uh oh here we go again all off topic. I knew you would come to the rescue! And no waggling fingers...lol.

I've broken apart the previous thread into two from a point where it was no longer related to the other member's self serve account.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456  wrote:  .Yes emojis equal SNOW pictures for @darlicious 😁❄️🌨

Lol!   Snow pictures, kitties, crow murders, sunsets....trust me I've used restraint. Feel lucky your not a recipient of my albums on my messenger.....unless you like that kind of thing....purrrrrŕ.....

Uhm, maybe you ought to start a "post pics of your pets" thread in the Lounge.... I'd be into it....

@CannonFodder @Jb456   Oooh!!!!! I like that idea. Let me do that then we can get an oracle to move anything they feel is inappropriate to the thread.

@Kathieknox  Sorry we don't mean to go off topic....cute kitties do relieve stress or they wouldn't be the top searched thing on YouTube.

@darlicious wrote:

Lol!   Snow pictures, kitties, crow murders, sunsets....trust me I've used restraint. Feel lucky your not a recipient of my albums on my messenger.....unless you like that kind of thing....purrrrrŕ.....

Uhm, maybe you ought to start a "post pics of your pets" thread in the Lounge.... I'd be into it....

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Lol.....its a hard line here on the community when your scolded for too many posts and told to edit your original post and add to it or chided nicely for too much text in your post. I do think i did do a nice job of spacing my paragraphs so it didnt present as a wall of text but a few chapters in a novella or an essay.

You are right - it WAS a nice job of adding some paragraphs(which I, for one, appreciate), and I stand corrected, i.e. in the true sense of the phrase, I suppose it wasn't "a wall of text". I was simply referring to the sheer, massive amount of text, but yeah, believe me, I've seen many "walls of text", and don't much care for them, whereas yours was, as mentioned, well thought out, so kudos again!

Given the OPs posts i figured she wouldnt mind my long but well thought post and might even appreciate it. I hope she can at least understand that we care about her situation even if our help in her almost impossible request is only advice and support.

I would hope she'd appreciate it, and yeah, it does kind of suck that a bit of advice is all any of us can offer, because we have no meaningful way to help with this situation.

You might have noticed something about my posts and I have never mentioned ever to anyone here on the community until now....but don't ask me my opinion on emojis or emoticons! Too each his own.

Well, based on that, it seems fairly clear you don't like 'em, for whatever reason. Guess you probably cringe when you read my posts, cuz I use 'em in most of my posts. I just figure that they add a little sumthin', sumthin', like my last one in this thread, givin' you the thumbs-up for a job well done, or using the rolling eyes one for those posts that really deserve it. I'll try to restain my use of them in posts aimed at you, and go HOG WILD with them in everybody else's!  😝 😉.... sorry, couldn't help myself.

Everyone is welcome to put their own spin on their comments on the community. I take 99% of all comments, constructive criticism, jest, humour etc....good naturedly and with a laugh but if I had a loonie for every comment on the length of my posts I would have a free phone for life!

Well, my "wall of text" comment was good natured, and as far as I'm concerned, don't pay any attention to length of post comments anyway, because I, for one, am just fine with it. In the case of your lengthy post above, it was well done, and should be appreciated for what it is. As far as lengthy posts to other people, that are here for help, I'd tend to think that in most cases, more information, rather than less, is better, and has a better chance of helping resolve the person's issue(s), so keep up the good work, lengthy or not!

@darlicious wrote:

Lol!   Snow pictures, kitties, crow murders, sunsets....trust me I've used restraint. Feel lucky your not a recipient of my albums on my messenger.....unless you like that kind of thing....purrrrrŕ.....20190522_185401.jpg

@darlicious  😂😂 they are cute.

Lol!   Snow pictures, kitties, crow murders, sunsets....trust me I've used restraint. Feel lucky your not a recipient of my albums on my messenger.....unless you like that kind of thing....purrrrrŕ.....20190522_185401.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Yes emojis equal SNOW pictures for @darlicious 😁❄️🌨

Need Help? Let's chat.