cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

imager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is for the over-zealous moderator who corrupted my post. Words matter. You obviously do not understand that; 'to d__k around', means: to spend time wastefully or unprofitably. Look it up. By altering my text you made it into something it wasn't and completely changed the meaning of the sentence. Even changing the spelling of a word can totally alter a sentence. I repeat, words matter. Use them with respect.

22 REPLIES 22

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@imager @CannonFodder @Anonymous 

While I understand we have gone off topic of the announcement thread but in these threads we are allowed to stray a little....i disagree with it necessarily being moved to the lounge. As it is a discussion about the community and the spam filter! Showing examples off how to correctly choose and type your words to avoid the more ridiculous filtering the dam spam will do.....

Now going with the above statement how is the below a discussion about the community and the spam filter?  

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Dare I say it was back in my art college days and I shared the house with seven U of T frat rejected boys for about six months until i couldnt take the constant mess of the kitchen and living room! I ended up moving my stuff across town in a mini Cooper that took about 8 trips back and forth.

@ShawnC13    It isn't and I would have no problem if this one post was moved (or rather i think the last 3 ).....but since you only found one post didn't fit your criteria ( out of 11 posts) why should the other 10 (or 😎 be subjected to banishment to the abyss! (Lol!) Or are condemning the group for not being socially distant enough from the others?

In the end  I may not think its fair, I can choose to go on strike, I can voice my opinion, I can protest all I want  because I do have free will and free speech but in reality the community is no democracy as it's leaders (the oracles) are appointed not elected.

Ultimately eloquence wins : "But always remember...at the end of the day...none of this matters."

@darlicious wrote:

While I understand we have gone off topic of the announcement thread but in these threads we are allowed to stray a little....i disagree with it necessarily being moved to the lounge. As it is a discussion about the community and the spam filter! Showing examples off how to correctly choose and type your words to avoid the more ridiculous filtering the dam spam will do.....

Now going with the above statement how is the below a discussion about the community and the spam filter?  

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Dare I say it was back in my art college days and I shared the house with seven U of T frat rejected boys for about six months until i couldnt take the constant mess of the kitchen and living room! I ended up moving my stuff across town in a mini Cooper that took about 8 trips back and forth.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite   Of coursei respect that is a priviledge you are granted and @Anonymous i dont presume that you share my opinion I just include you because your post is with the others that have been moved....but I respectively disagree with your opinion on having free speech  within a corporate service as a customer as you have so eloquently exercised it in your post....they just don't have to listen to (or read it). If I don't like it or agree with it I will say something. Whether or not anything comes of it at least I have voiced my opinion on it. I never want to be someone that sees something and sits silently witnessing it happen when opening your mouth could change the outcome. And if I've learned anything on the community if you persist with something you believe in you will often get the result you are seeking. That of course is only my opinion......Screenshot_20200327-070205.png

I want to know what is "NO FAIR"?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Unbelievable!  If just 10% of the conviction displayed here were applied at any other endeavor, I would think there would be individual capability to move mountains.  Come on peeps, give the head a shake.  This is just a help forum, where the best efforts are rewarded with what amounts to less than slave labor each month.  Why elevate the blood pressure and raise the heart rate over less than nothing?  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Screenshot_20200327-070205.png

@darlicious nice pic.  Feel free to follow the lady in the red dress and go on strike if you're unhappy.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

You are the lizard king...you can do anything. (jeez what's with the Doors references:) )

The control and limitations of free speech in a corporate setting is being amply demonstrated in this very thread with the **bleep** thing.

Your philosophy is admirable. IMNSHO I think mis-placed here. It's just not worth it...imnsho:)

Ruffling feathers and rocking boats can also lead to unintended consequences. Sometimes ya just gotta let things slide.

@Anonymous  I think I prefer the image of Lisa Simpson emerging from the magical mountain log ride after drinking the water......"I am the lizard queen!"

I think I have posted this before. Bus shelter (modified) advertisement right outside the front doors of the Telus HQ on Robson Street Vancouver during what later became generally referred to as JASON. (July, August, September, October, November - 2005).

AE_Collector

12B1C7EB-1CDE-4370-9FC8-34C8EDA1FB22.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

You are the lizard king...you can do anything. (jeez what's with the Doors references:) )

The control and limitations of free speech in a corporate setting is being amply demonstrated in this very thread with the **bleep** thing.

Your philosophy is admirable. IMNSHO I think mis-placed here. It's just not worth it...imnsho:)

Ruffling feathers and rocking boats can also lead to unintended consequences. Sometimes ya just gotta let things slide.

@Luddite   Of coursei respect that is a priviledge you are granted and @Anonymous i dont presume that you share my opinion I just include you because your post is with the others that have been moved....but I respectively disagree with your opinion on having free speech  within a corporate service as a customer as you have so eloquently exercised it in your post....they just don't have to listen to (or read it). If I don't like it or agree with it I will say something. Whether or not anything comes of it at least I have voiced my opinion on it. I never want to be someone that sees something and sits silently witnessing it happen when opening your mouth could change the outcome. And if I've learned anything on the community if you persist with something you believe in you will often get the result you are seeking. That of course is only my opinion......Screenshot_20200327-070205.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Please don't include me on the free speech thing. We don't have free speech in a corporate service. We have free speech towards governments and authority. And even that's restricted.

You can have your own free speech when you have have control of the entire delivery system. And even that can get disconnected and banished to the "dark web". But you can still free speech away.

I know I'm just as guilty of joining in off-topic wanderings. Therefor if those with the power choose to move it off somewhere else then so be it. There have been the odd occasions of inappropriate moves though. I also agree that off-topic wanderings don't deserve to get value for bravo's.

Maybe in this wild time we're in, those with power will have that little bit more patience giving a little longer leash. And maybe they already are. Dunno. I'm just a punter here like you.

But always remember...at the end of the day...none of this matters.

@darlicious It’s a judgement call to move/merge posts. It’s what Oracles get paid the big bucks to do. 🙀
In this case I support moving this funny topic to the Lounge, especially as it’s now two pages and growing. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

It does clearly show the need for a how to use the community board that suggestions or examples like the ones in this thread that clearly show with a little humour thrown in....and I'll tag @Tiana_V and @Alan_K  for good measure because otherwise they will never see my foot stamping little protest here with an example of all work and no play makes public mobiles community a very dull boys club of oracles and the very strict tunnel vision view of only customer public mobile phone help is allowed here. I would say @imager  learned a valuable lesson about the community, the spam filter, what's considered unacceptable, what the spam filter has yet to learn is acceptable and maybe the biggest lesson of all...oracles can be judge, jury and executioner when it comes to posts and where they think they belong and what board....almost always the lounge....that they will move them to with little or no notice to the participants.

Which would be a nice improvement to the community would be a notification of the actual move has been made something like: @computergeek541 has moved your post to the lounge or better yet: @Luddite has moved your post to the new community board. Well @imager  the other thing you have learned like @CannonFodder  @Anonymous  @AE_Collector  and many others you do retain the right of free speech in the lounge and can voice your opinion all you like here because the lounge is for everything else.......and I will reserve the right to continue my rant as is creatively possible...

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Well I can only imagine what the spam filter thinks of one of my old addresses in Toronto: 69 Sus**bleep** drive!

Nevermind what the spam filter thinks of it, you should be wary of what WE think of it! 😳  🤣 

@darlicious wrote:

Well I can only imagine what the spam filter thinks of one of my old addresses in Toronto: 69 Sus**bleep** drive!

Nevermind what the spam filter thinks of it, you should be wary of what WE think of it! 😳  🤣 

imager

O M G, you are handicapped 😉

imager

I could not agree more. In 2015 this would have been rudimentary, but 2020?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@imager  I was thinking that "ridiculous" was a better description..... while I can understand there should be some sort of language filter, the settings used here are just a wee bit.... puritan, especially given the two examples that @darlicious  & I just provided, i.e. one of the words works fine when jammed together, but the other one, which is a legitimate place in the U.K., gets filtered. 🙄 

Let alone 24 Sus**bleep** Drive.

@imager  I was thinking that "ridiculous" was a better description..... while I can understand there should be some sort of language filter, the settings used here are just a wee bit.... puritan, especially given the two examples that @darlicious  & I just provided, i.e. one of the words works fine when jammed together, but the other one, which is a legitimate place in the U.K., gets filtered. 🙄 

imager

That is hilarious!

@darlicious wrote:

@imager  You may think a moderator edited your post  but it's really just a very PG spam filter that is still learning it's job and the perimeters it covers which includes anything resembling profanity or S E X related words including body parts in name of other completely innocent things like a titmouse.

@imager  She's got it correct, you can't even use "Meghan, the Duchess of Suss e x", without the spaces..... just watch.... Sus**bleep** 🙄 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@imager wrote:

This is for the over-zealous moderator who corrupted my post. Words matter. You obviously do not understand that; 'to d__k around', means: to spend time wastefully or unprofitably. Look it up. By altering my text you made it into something it wasn't and completely changed the meaning of the sentence. Even changing the spelling of a word can totally alter a sentence. I repeat, words matter. Use them with respect.

@imager  You may think a moderator edited your post  but it's really just a very PG spam filter that is still learning it's job and the perimeters it covers which includes anything resembling profanity or S E X related words including body parts in name of other completely innocent things like a titmouse. Sometimes being a bad speller is a good thing. The spam filter is getting better....i think we have been cured of *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug  but you'll just have to choose your words more carefully in future. Just ask big_rick what happened to him with his original username.

Edit:  Oh look the innocent titmouse has been cleared off all charges! Just remember to spell it as all one word...not separate like **bleep** mouse.

Need Help? Let's chat.