cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does the moderator team actually read the tickets?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

There is a reason I buy a lot of stuff from crappy tire.....their refund/exchange policy!: Unfortunately the only cell phone they have ever sold is the rca model. It survived a surprisingly long time in the bf's hands but it just went black one day and I had bought it at london drugs. They wouldn't even troubleshoot it because of a tiny chip on the bevel and blamed the chip for the phone going kaput.

But hey it filled a need for almost 5 months and I only paid $40 for it.😃

Since I worked for Sears for 40 years CT was rarely on my shopping list. And for some reason I still never think that they are a source for me. But I agree....great policies as I have bought a few things there. 

Driving to work on my last right turn for a couple of mornings I could see a glitter in the curb, two days in a row.  Third day I got out of my truck and found a CT breaker bar. The knuckle joint had a screw in it with stripped threads. I took it to CT for a new screw....and left with a brand new breaker bar!!  Had a CT wheel barrow and the tire filling stem cracked by deterioration. I went to buy a new valve stem and left with a complete brand new wheel!!

My truck and camper......truck had 2 batteries in it......both CT life time warranty......yup lifetime. I collected many times. But today CT car batteries are good but Costco has better batteries for a few dollars less and a much better warranty. 

13 REPLIES 13

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:
My truck and camper......truck had 2 batteries in it......both CT life time warranty......yup lifetime. I collected many times.

My purchases from Canadian Tire were so long ago that I'd forgotten they ever offered a lifetime warranty on their products. Thanks for the memories of the good old days!

Parsons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No matter the generation nobody likes wasting time with something that should not be and seemingly impossible to correct simply put.

Parsons

DIY is fine when provided with what was ordered, and promised. Getting it corrected is a nightmare! Mods seemingly are I'll equipped for such situations and to further the mess can't read English. Responses given showed a genuine lack of understanding and no effort to understand.

@LurganIeUk 

Why is my generation only 11 years and all the others a full generation?

@Parsons wrote:

Companies and consumers have forgotten price isn't everything! My time is worth something and this purchase has become quite expensive.

"Some" consumers have that philosophy along with wasting. Depends what generation you are from:

• Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 – 2015.
  • Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 – 1995.
  • Generation X: Born 1965 – 1976.
  • Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964.
  • Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before.

@Parsons 

Not that this is an excuse for your current predicament but remember pm is a DIY kind of place. Many customers prefer the hands on approach to account and service management and enjoy a lower  priced plan as a result. So you have to decide what your time is worth compared to what you save at pm.

I think at last count my time here was worth about $0.02 an hour!

@Yummy wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

My truck and camper......truck had 2 batteries in it......both CT life time warranty......yup lifetime. I collected many times. But today CT car batteries are good but Costco has better batteries for a few dollars less and a much better warranty. 

Hmmmm... What I can see on CT site, their car batteries have 3-4 years warranty. I do not see 'lifetime'?

And replacement you are talking about - you have to have original purchase receipt so how come you were able to exchange 'road kill' for brand new one? Or am I missing something?

No, lifetime was eons ago!!  Another tip never buy a 4 or 5 year warranty. You need to see the price jump between 3 and 4 year and 3 and 5 year. "YOU" just prepay for a replacement if you buy a 4 or 5 year battery.  They are all pretty much the same battery. And if you do a prorated adjustment then you are still sucked in to have a CT battery. It's a gimmick that works!!!  

Yes you need the original receipt. Not sure what you mean by road kill in regard to a battery. The only road kill in know about is crow food. 

Parsons

At one time CTC had lifetime warranty on many automotive products and tools. If you bought it from them then I guess they are still honouring it.

Parsons

Companies and consumers have forgotten price isn't everything! My time is worth something and this purchase has become quite expensive.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Hmmmm... What I can see on CT site, their car batteries have 3-4 years warranty. I do not see 'lifetime'?

And replacement you are talking about - you have to have original purchase receipt so how come you were able to exchange 'road kill' for brand new one? Or am I missing something?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Thanks to Eddie Lampert. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Edit: The only company that did not reneg on making it right....was Sears.  

But Sears is gone... 😞

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Covid-19 finally broke my 7 year streak of a brand new air mattress for camping each year. When I eventually get back to the lake I will just have to cross my fingers that the air mattress doesn't have a slow leak.....til they go on sale for half price and I can start a new streak!

Need Help? Let's chat.