Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disappearing Replies

25 REPLIES 25

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korth wrote:

@darlicious wrote: 

Dang it....i guess im not as young as i like to think i am....oh well apparently im the bee's knee's!

Bees have six legs each. The front and rear leg pairs also have fancy knee-swivel-articulation joints.

So I guess saying you have "the bee's knees" must mean that you're really leggy and flexible.

Or that you're a mutant.

Well, given that she's kinda gimpy, due to hip issues, I guess "mutant" it is! 😉 🤣

@Korth 

Always...but while i have fairly long legs i often have squirrelly knees but if everyone should just have a couple of bee's knee's and chillax!

Screenshot_20201124-032822_Chrome~4.jpg

@darlicious wrote: 

Dang it....i guess im not as young as i like to think i am....oh well apparently im the bee's knee's!

Bees have six legs each. The front and rear leg pairs also have fancy knee-swivel-articulation joints.

So I guess saying you have "the bee's knees" must mean that you're really leggy and flexible.

Or that you're a mutant.

I'd accept either meaning as a compliment, personally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My interest in continuing is rapidly waning. It just doesn't matter.

Many of the more-socializing regulars have had this. None of them are on a constant war path about it. Jb might say one thing and he moves on. That's it iirc. Not you.

@Anonymous 

Unless you were in on this from the beginning let me get you up to speed.....the two highlighted posts are what was cut from the original thread and placed into this cut thread that i had no issue with being moved to the lounge this i felt was overkill! It was 2 posts......

Re: Koodo prepaid port
@kb_mv wrote:
@carmshep wrote:

Thanks @kb_mv ,  and can I use the same email address as my Koodo account for my public mobile account? I only use one email address.

@carmshep You most certainly can use the same email address. Welcome to PM.

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Am i having a premature senior moment or has this changed? I thought koodo prepaid and pm cannot have the same email because they share the same back end?

@darlicious I came over from Koodo prepaid and I only have the one email account for stuff like this and I am still using that email.

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

@darlicious In a salut to our younger readers, you are all that and a bag of chips.

@computergeek541 wrote:

My understanding is that a different e-mail address needs to be provided for the Public Mobile self serve account than was used on a Koodo prepaid account.  Did you use an e-mail alias (a variation of the e-mail address that goes to the same place)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : And you're not alone. Like I said, I was involved with an off-topic that was dumped into the lounge that could have been sliced and diced and moved to another category. But oh well. Just leave it be. It. Doesn't. Matter.

You know all too well that the longer a little socializing goes the higher the risk of being moved out. I know mine do. As do others. Oh well.

@Anonymous 

Since you seem to seek a response.....you could look in the mirror with yours. The two initial responses by  @computergeek541  and @Luddite  perfectly proved my point. Every person has their unique good or for that matter bad qualities. We cant always possess the ones we want or think we have.....

Admittedly perhaps others read more into what i say than i realize im saying or intended to say. Or what starts off as opinion with humour turns into the very opposite. You are very good at voicing your opinion to stir the pot all over again....

In regards to my initial opinion.....moving two posts....one from me and one from @kb_mv  i felt and still feel was overkill. There are plenty of threads filled with socialization that can be spliced and diced......and plenty from the past......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Maybe a path to reconciliation is to not post all the sniping, snark directed, thinly veiled or overtly, at those people trying to keep a semblance of order of all the chaos. You mentioned in a long ago discussion about defending your honour and integrity or something. Well you throwing crap around is causing just that in others.

I've had multiple bits of off-topic asides moved around. Oh well. One of them could really actually have been properly moved to a different category. I said my piece privately. Oh well. It doesn't matter enough to care enough.

@computergeek541 

My surgeon is a brilliant man who has changed many many lives for the better but he still has terrible bedside manner.....i shouldnt have said poor people skills as that was incorrect. For that i apologize.

I have an open mind but this will be a tough row to hay for the two of us to ever understand each others motivations but its not impossible.......

Constructive criticism is fine. You can agree or disagree with me moving content that I decided was not Public Mobile related. Comparing me to a doctor with no people skills isn't constructive criticism, but is a deliberate insult and offensive to me as well as medical professionals.

@Luddite 

I dont know about that....my surgeon is at the top of his field. If he had a bedside manner and taught that or have someone who has a good bedside manner teach it to his students im sure we could have avoided at least 1 of the 3 surgeries ive had on the same hip. Communicating  effectively, listening and taking constructive feedback from your patient is important for any doctor or professional to continue to learn and improve.

@computergeek541 

I'm sure you'll be the first know about it......constructive criticism we all have our own ways of looking at it and deciding how to use it if at all.

@darlicious "Doctors that have good bedside manner have infinitley better patient outcomes than those with more skill but poor people skills....."

Have lived long enough to experience both, and prefer technical to people skills by a large measure. 
But do enjoy some humour, especially running jokes as they are an indicator of effective relationships within a team. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@darlicious wrote:

Doctors that have good bedside manner have infinitley better patient outcomes than those with more skill but poor people skills.....

Any more personal attacks against me that you wish to share?  

@computergeek541 

We both know that the lounge was created for that purpose but its hardly practical when making a funny remark in a thread to pull up stakes and beat it to the lounge to make a comment.  Sure if turns into 3, 4, 5 or more posts by 2 or 3 members.....2 comments by 2 helpers or helper and OP his hardly disrupting the thread. Just let it peter out naturally and if it doesnt then move it. Humour is a great healer and diffuser in difficult situations. Do we want the community to be cold and sterile like so many other communities.....? Part of what makes public mobiles stand out is its diversity and personality.

Doctors that have good bedside manner have infinitley better patient outcomes than those with more skill but poor people skills.....

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Apparently the older we get we channel our inner clean freak requiring meticulous order in our lives or chaos will take over and the inmates will run amouk casually inserting humour where only help is allowed......serenity now, serenity now.......!!

This is a cell phone service support site. The rewards program is a way to provide a discount for members for helping others with service issues. Humour is allowed and no one said that jokes aren't allowed to be made, but The Lounge is the the category that was created specicially for such socialization.

@kb_mv 

Apparently the older we get we channel our inner clean freak requiring meticulous order in our lives or chaos will take over and the inmates will run amouk casually inserting humour where only help is allowed......serenity now, serenity now.......!!

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

@darlicious In a salut to our younger readers, you are all that and a bag of chips.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Lol....bee's knee's. I havent heard that one in a while! You're dating yourself with that expression.

@darlicious You and me both lol 😉

@kb_mv 

Lol....bee's knee's. I havent heard that one in a while! You're dating yourself with that expression.

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv lol I didn't know exactly what it meant as my kids never said to me "Mom, you are the bomb!  Well now I know why.  😒  

@darlicious I agree with @kb_mv , you are the bomb!  You also helped me find my lost posts.  thanks so much 🌹

@RosieR @darlicious It's very similar to "You're the bee's knees" lol.

@RosieR @kb_mv 

Aw shucks you two! Geez....someone pass the kleenex?!!

@kb_mv wrote:

@darlicious You are the bomb! Thanks so much, it was driving me nuts. I thought dementia was setting in lol.

This is slang. It means "You're awesome", "You're cool", or "You're great".

@kb_mv lol I didn't know exactly what it meant as my kids never said to me "Mom, you are the bomb!  Well now I know why.  😒  

@darlicious I agree with @kb_mv , you are the bomb!  You also helped me find my lost posts.  thanks so much 🌹

@kb_mv 

Lol....so did I.

Dont worry eventually it will stop......eventually.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious You are the bomb! Thanks so much, it was driving me nuts. I thought dementia was setting in lol.

Here is a great example just happened. The first pic shows my reply successfully posted. When I clicked on go to your post the second pic happens. You can see the message is nothing that I would consider spam triggering. First time in over a year I've been here that I have seen this.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.