cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select pla

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  that's a worthy new Oracle type of post right there 👍👍😂

20 REPLIES 20

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

Now that’s a total brownout reply!

the Univac 5000 firing up to crunch the December numbers.... electrical brownouts...

@Jb456 

If it is getting close should we predict an announcement in conjunction with the December Community Rewards? Of course that could easily delay the December official announcement until...June?

AE_Collector

Decision pending:

oracle of Delphi.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : The only unfortunate part is how this primarily voluntary "job" got twisted and contorted into the unnecessarily excessive formalities. If the current Oracles were involved in that then that explains a lot.

@Anonymous, not really sure what that is supposed to mean?  I would have hoped any concerns were sent to Melinda during the application process for clarification.  There were two portions that seemed too restrictive to the group, and Public Mobile addressed those concerns.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : The only unfortunate part is how this primarily voluntary "job" got twisted and contorted into the unnecessarily excessive formalities. If the current Oracles (or subset) were involved in that then that explains a lot.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : um...did you read the announcement from Melinda and all the formalities that read like official job descriptions and conditions? Or for curiosity went in to the form and saw the direction of the questions asked? Were you involved at your level in the new regime of all this? I found it quite distasteful for the reality of the situation. Way overboard to the point of authoritarian for a primarily voluntary position. Even along the lines of Jb456's comments of it being even insulting to long time, high performing participants. But some people like authority on either side. Some like being the authoritarian. Some like having authority over them. I don't on both counts. Shrug.

@Anonymous I was responding to the statement about clauses as in "you can say this but can't say this".  There are probably times that I don't say exactly what I am thinking because that could go against the TOS.  Not everyone does this of course and sometimes I may not even do it because if everyone did there would be no need for the report inappropriate content button lol

As for the other portion of the listing, I can't remember it all and didn't go into the application form but it couldn't have been too bad or there wouldn't have been any applications.  I think it was designed to have only serious people about the Oracle Program to apply.  So by your comment, it sounds like you read the questions in the application form but didn't proceed because it was very authoritarian and as a long-time high-performing community member it was insulting to you.  That is unfortunate.

The current Oracles were not involved in creating the questions that were posed in there, but we were given the opportunity to make comments on the Oracle Program review and I would say that we were listened to and reflected in the changes to the program we were presented with.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : um...did you read the announcement from Melinda and all the formalities that read like official job descriptions and conditions? Or for curiosity went in to the form and saw the direction of the questions asked? Were you involved at your level in the new regime of all this? I found it quite distasteful for the reality of the situation. Way overboard to the point of authoritarian for a primarily voluntary position. Even along the lines of Jb456's comments of it being even insulting to long time, high performing participants. But some people like authority on either side. Some like being the authoritarian. Some like having authority over them. I don't on both counts. Shrug.

No such clauses, just the same ToS

@ShawnC13  was not talking about that.🙄 Was talking about "saying things how it is and not having to make posts that are read between the lines" there's likely some clause for Oracle's, along with the many tasks (jobs) they want you to do , that likely says "don't say this don't say that".

Maybe the newbies arnt allowed to say anything.

Enjoy your night Shawn!

@Jb456 wrote:

@AE_Collector  No sure what you mean by announcement? As in announcement on new Oracle's? If that's what you're asking I wouldn't know. Not in the loop.

Wish someone in the running would let us know lol. Unless they're already tied down in being muted by PM/Oracle's and can't speak anymore 😝.  There's 2/3 members that have introduced new writing styles these past few weeks lol. Not big changes but enough to see something is up. I'm just guessing here but maybe to conforme (accordance) to PM Oracle standards 🤔🤷‍♂️

I guess time will tell....

Not sure where this comment/idea came from but to think PM or the Oracles can change how people write their posts.  If it was possible I would spend the time getting people writing their posts in the right section without a need to move them lol

@AE_Collector  No sure what you mean by announcement? As in announcement on new Oracle's? If that's what you're asking I wouldn't know. Not in the loop.

Wish someone in the running would let us know lol. Unless they're already tied down in being muted by PM/Oracle's and can't speak anymore 😝.  There's 2/3 members that have introduced new writing styles these past few weeks lol. Not big changes but enough to see something is up. I'm just guessing here but maybe to conforme (accordance) to PM Oracle standards 🤔🤷‍♂️

I guess time will tell....

@darlicious 

Now that’s a total brownout reply!

the Univac 5000 firing up to crunch the December numbers.... electrical brownouts...

@Jb456 

If it is getting close should we predict an announcement in conjunction with the December Community Rewards? Of course that could easily delay the December official announcement until...June?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

More Brownouts ahead in Vancouver City

Hmmmmmmm......? Have you been in my backyard? A mudfest worthy of a mudder race....is there other brown i should be worried about? Girl guide kind? Amsterdam cafe kind of brownies? Or shirley temple is their spokesperson kind of rubber sole kind? Or one of those other other kind?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  best one was the member other day where yourself @darlicious  and I had to "Shake Head" 😂 member just posted, all info was given, member even thanked us for the post then came on this thread and said "I missed this can I still get it?" 🤣🤣🤣

@Anonymous  that word you used "disingenuous" could be said for some current Oracle's lol.

Anyways I'm just poking for someone to spill the beans. Don't understand why everyone is so "hush hush" and secretive. If some have moved to next round of applications it would be nice if they just said it so we could wish them luck. Also (my opinion only) to me it would be like ok they'll do good they got the "ba.ls" to speak up n say it how it is and not be filtered by a different status or PM. All this secretive stuff for a silly forum is just funny if you ask me. If whenever one or some move up and a post is made by PM. It will be more like "ya could of told you that a month ago when they changed up their style" lol. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : those would be interesting observations. But it's just a human fact of life...ask and get an answer or search a million results or search using different keywords or read a million posts and threads. Or even the post immediately above. Sigh. It's just life. It's all so time consuming. Just ask. Someone will answer. It's just easier to ask in ones own words.

More Brownouts ahead in Vancouver City. 

Good post though. Awhile back I contemplated going through one of these 20-40 page long posts to count how many times the exact same question was asked and answered. I have more than once seen the question asked immediately after someone answered the exact same question for the previous person!

AE_Collector

@Jb456 

Im still getting regular reporting and removal of posts with no explanation so nothing much had changed on my part. Almost time to delve into decembers numbers....should be a crazy month to disseminate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous  lol. No beans to spill. Just guessing. A few have changed their writing styles recently 😝

If they have then they're being disingenuous. Even newish RosieR suggested as much a while ago. If they were to be promoted then we'll see how long that lasts won't we.

@Anonymous  lol. No beans to spill. Just guessing. A few have changed their writing styles recently 😝

@Anonymous 

Maybe i should just stick to statistics based posts i know how much the community loves my insights!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  that's a worthy new Oracle type of post right there 👍👍😂

Spilling more beans? Are you campaigning for others to become an Oracle?

Need Help? Let's chat.