cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

@AnonymousMy dear, money does not come from fairy land. I paid in cold, hard cash. Not magic dust. I want my cold hard cash back--specifically for services not rendered. When you overpay a service, you get your money back. Very simple. Public Mobile mentioned in a prior email they can do this, two weeks, specifically. I want them to honor that.

37 REPLIES 37

Well segacious @will13am if you give people some trinkets, they will gladly become a mob for you. It was fun watching people argue for a company to keep more money than they need.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I find this entire argument sad if not funny due to the childishness displayed on both sides.  @Messages , if you have obtained certain agreement with Public Mobile concerning refunds, there's no need to debate that with the community.  It's between you and Public Mobile, not the community.  Consent from the community is unnecessary.  To the community, there's no need to gang up on and call another member names and put them down just because the member disagree with you and no matter how wrong you think the member is.  Arguments like this don't end; they simply degenerate into a race to the bottom.  The wiser party needs to cut bait.  @Messages , I will give you a final bit of advice.  If you feel that the CRTC wireless code has not been applied appropriately, take the case up with the CCTS.  They are the official recourse for disputes with your carrier that cannot be resolved through two party negotiation.  

@darlicious 

" Public mobile is not with holding services from you." <-- I never said this. I said, I no longer need their services, and therefore am entitled to my outstanding funds back. Not needing services and witholding services are two seperate things. Please do not confuse the two. Public Mobile will suffer no injury or loss if they return funds. Moreover, in prior conversations with Public Mobile staff, they said it is easy to return funds to a card, it may just take time. You are still citing 'policy', not a logical statement or an indication that Public Mobile will be harmed by returning money for unused services. "They are an economy service" is not justification. Economy services can be profitable and act properly. You will need a bit more to persuade me otherwise. Even if we get into the analogy you use, it does not hold. If you give an airline company money and do not tell them what it is for, you use some of it for economy class and then say, 'know what? I want the balance of my funds not allotted for anything yet, returned to me.' It should be fine. Not all the money went to tickets, it was just sitting there while you were figuring what to do with it. You just gave them a stack of funds, yet-to-be-allocated. Maybe you would have used some of it for first class, maybe some for economy. Who knows? The money was not allocated yet. Later, you changed your mind and want the balance back. No harm, no foul. The airline can say, "hey, here's your balance and please come back when you need a flight!"

@MessagesYou are preaching to the choir. I am in fact someone who can get my money back from the craftiness of most companies refund policies. But i do understand the implicity of a strict no refund policy. Public mobile is not with holding services from you. You are choosing to leave before you have recieved the services you have willingly paid for in advance. You were not forced to add extra funds into your account ahead of time. I will leave you with one more analogy.

When you purchase an airline ticket that is first class you have paid for the privileges there in...which includes a full refund. When you purchase a basic economy fare there are no refunds and no changes allowed. Period. You get what you pay for. Public mobile offers low cost mobile services because in part there are no refunds. If you wish to have a refund for services not rendered you sign up for a more expensive post paid account with a mobile provider that offers as required by law prorated services. Remain with public mobile until your account funds are depleted  by services supplied. Simple.

@darliciousMy dear, the contention is still the same. I have no problem with greed (corporate or otherwise) as long as it does no harm. Ad hominems aside, you have not persuaded me that Public Mobile has the right to funds for services not rendered. I overpaid and need the difference back. There is a balance that Public Mobile cannot use because I am not using their mobile service. Therefore, it can (and must) be restored to me. I have a card attached to my account that they can easily forward outstanding funds to. They have the infrastructure to do so and the cost to them is negligible. Your sole argument for Public Mobile to keep the funds is, "it is policy". Well, then it is a very bad policy and it needs to be rectified. Public Mobile will not be harmed if the outstanding funds are returned to me. They will not lose business and can gain good will in the process. There would also be satisfaction in doing the correct thing. It is perplexing (and a bit disturbing) that you take this reasonable request (of having an outstanding balance restored to client for services not rendered) so personally and irrationally. It's not your company. Or is it? in either case, Public Mobile still gets subsidies and gains from the oligarchy set-up and if you are just a client, rest assured, they will not go under if they restore my rightful funds.

@Messages  Please continue to hide behind your computer screen hurling your insults and rantings againsts corporate greed. That is the best place for you or if you had anything between... and  put your money where your mouth is my bf would soon put you in your place.....with its pleasant pale apple green walls and exceptionally over priced basic cable package. Enough said... please port out as soon as possible.

@darliciousApparently only your view, that companies do as they like, right or wrong, is the only correct view to be had. Not totalatarian at all... Certainly not my view of enhancing the standard of living here. Enjoy your next trip to McDonald's!

@computergeek541  Thank you for your diligence. Most appreciated.

@SD08  Thank you! I need not entertain such foppery. Nor do others.

@SD08 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 @will13am  @computergeek541  Please feel free to move the off topic parts of this thread and bury it it the deep dark depths of the lounge as this "conversation " need not be seen again.

@darlicious 

I've already moved this whole tangent into its own thread, separate from the Dave's Letter topic it was originally posted in.

Thanks...that is great. That said, there are still some pieces lingering here. Can these be moved too, as this is allowing the conversation to continue over there?

@SD08 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 @will13am  @computergeek541  Please feel free to move the off topic parts of this thread and bury it it the deep dark depths of the lounge as this "conversation " need not be seen again.

@darlicious 

I've already moved this whole tangent into its own thread, separate from the Dave's Letter topic it was originally posted in.

I've also moved many of the messages from a certain point into The Lounge as much of it was off-topic.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious 

@darliciousYour interpretations are a bit funny. Maybe you are smoking some funny cigarettes as you write.  ; - )

By the way, McDonalds is not Canadian!

My assertion is still the same, my dear. I want what I am owed.

: - )

@

@Messages wrote:

@darlicious 

No my dear, I ask the company that took my money for the refund.

The company that is owned by Telus and subsidized to the tune of billions by tax payers. They don't need more of our money. Especially when that money is not going to services rendered.

By the way, that is clearly the British flag on the Constitution and like it or not, we still needed the Queen's Permission to have it.

: - D

Have a nice day! Welcome to Canada!

Here, some reading! : https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/crown-canada/about.html

@Messages  I had a much more succinct and polite message addressing your above message. But your edit to include some extra curricular reading from high school managed to eliminate my post. So I will make this as short and sweet as possible. As a 13th generation Canadian your opinion with all its misogyny and anti-immigrant undertones while guaranteed under the free speech provisions in the charter of rights and freedoms in this country is unwelcome in this community forum. Your need to stoke your ego and self importance at the expense of Canadians you think are under educated or misinformed reveals much greater issues of self esteem or self acceptance that no refund of a couple hours of work will ever put right in that blown up brain of yours.

@darlicious 

No my dear, I ask the company that took my money for the refund.

The company that is owned by Telus and subsidized to the tune of billions by tax payers. They don't need more of our money. Especially when that money is not going to services rendered.

By the way, that is clearly the British flag on the Constitution and like it or not, we still needed the Queen's Permission to have it.

Have a nice day! Welcome to Canada!

Here, some reading! : https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/crown-canada/about.html

@Messages  You mean the figurehead? Perhaps you can ask her for your refund.

Edit: Let me correct myself. Perhaps you can ask Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll  for your refund. The crest you are referring to is the crest of Canada denoting and reflecting in symbolism its independence from England and the United Kingdom. It is not in reference to the Queen in fact represents the very opposite in which you are inferring. It will do you well in your bid to have the CCTS accept your complaint to do the required research that is supportive of your claims.

@darliciousHave you looked at the crest right above the Charter? It's defintely not the Queen of Munchkin land!

@Messages  In case you have forgotten which country you live in this the rule of law in Canada.Screenshot_20200107-221407_Google.jpg

@AnonymousAhh, but you do have the facts. Keep it simple. However, you are correct about one thing: companies do as they wish. Many companies pollute, use exploited labor, sell clients harmful products, charge all kinds of unsubstantiated fees and so on. Sure! Many companies also do the right thing. So why not be one of the latter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Messages wrote:

@AnonymousThe link was in reference to our dear friend and loyal McDonald's customer, @darlicious who believes that restoring clients her/his residual balance is the stuff of fantasy. The Law Society thinks otherwise, even if they do have a Unicorn on their crest. Like it or not, the Canadian Law Society is modelled after the British and it is the Queen who is pictured behind the (our) judge's head. So the principle here is quite important. It is not fantasy, principles mean something. Moreoever, it is the right thing to do.

British law would be cited. British nice to have best practices would have no binding effect...Queen or no.

Again...I'm all for principle.

But you continue to not provide useful information for the rest of us here to cheer you on. I have no sympathy for you without facts or the history that brought you to this point. Of course you don't need my sympathy. So yeah whatever... I'm done saying "again" again.

@AnonymousThe link was in reference to our dear friend and loyal McDonald's customer, @darlicious who believes that restoring clients her/his residual balance is the stuff of fantasy. The Law Society thinks otherwise, even if they do have a Unicorn on their crest. Like it or not, the Canadian Law Society is modelled after the British and it is the Queen who is pictured behind the (our) judge's head. So the principle here is quite important. It is not fantasy, principles mean something. Moreoever, it is the right thing to do.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Time to move along(and put the popcorn away) people..... nothing to see here.....

Did I miss the memo???

No, you JUST quoted it! 😉 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

Time to move along(and put the popcorn away) people..... nothing to see here.....

Did I miss the memo???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Messages wrote:

@Anonymous 

It's the principle I am referring to. There is a lovely bit in there about 'best practices', which is all I want Public Mobile to do. Engage in best practices.

Oh I'm in for principle. Cannonfodder is right. We here can't help you. It's simply that I can't support you from afar without knowing all the facts all the while wanting to. Otherwise you're just another disgruntled customer who wants special treatment.

You just can't bring yourself to provide details.

@CannonFodderRewards, I am not interested in. They can keep it. It is the money (I paid) I am referring to. Thanks.

Except the cost of doing the refund likely costs more than the refund. Thus the premise of prepurchasing service for a month. You could easily time your move to the day before your renewal to to avoid losing any money since you chose to go with a prepaid service knowing that there won't be a prorated refund. Instead you waste hours of your time as well as others time to try to rewrite the business plan.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous 

It's the principle I am referring to. There is a lovely bit in there about 'best practices', which is all I want Public Mobile to do. Engage in best practices.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@Messages wrote:

@Anonymous 

It is exactly as described, there is an outstanding balance I need returned to me. The services have not been rendered to me, nor will they be. Keep it simple.

Again...how did the outstanding balance get there?

While reading through the last few pages of this thread, I noticed @Messages  hasn't elaborated on this, but DID say it was paid for with "cold hard cash". I expect there were likely SOME rewards credits in there, but @Messages  isn't saying.

It seems some folks here are gettin' worked up into a lather over this, and it appears like it's a case of just "beating a dead horse"..... @Messages  was advised, on more than one occasion, to take up the issue with the Mods, since they're the ONLY ones that can help, so maybe folks should take a chill pill, and let @Messages  & the Mods take care of business.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Messages wrote:

@darlicious

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/advice/practice-notes/residual-client-balances/

UK? Seriously?! Are you a lawyer? Are you going to cite UK legal interpretations in a Canadian court? Is this all worth your while? Again...what are we talking about here? 10's of dollars? Hundreds? Thousands? Did you put it there? Or did you accumulate rewards and credits.

Need Help? Let's chat.