cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Alex Trebek

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Alex Trebek, the host of syndicated game show Jeopardy! since 1984, passed away from pancreatic cancer today. He was 80 years old.

MW-IB457_AlexTr_20200304131042_ZG.jpg

It's a sad day.  You will certainly be missed, Alex Tebek.  Rest in Peace.  🌹🌹🌹

July 22, 1940 - November 8, 2020

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sad that Alex Trebek didn’t beat his cancer.  He was terrific as the host of Jeopardy.

My sympathy to his wife, family and all who loved and liked him.

So proud that he was a Canadian!

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it is really sad news, Jeopardy won't be the same without him.

A fighter to the end he did beat the odds by surviving well past year. With a five year survival rate of 1% its a very difficult diagnosis to recieve. From personal experience a sufferers of this cruel cancer can accept their fate with dignity and an appreciation for a life lived on their terms. Once the patient knows its time..........death can come thankfully very quick.

The other side has a very popular pub quiz night now......

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Jeopardy will never be the same.

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Have to agree...really sad news, Jeopardy won't be the same without him.

And from I saw on the news last night, he taped the last of his episodes of Jeopardy, just two weeks ago - a fighter to the end!!! 👍

As for that part in bold, they apparently plan on getting a new host, but it'll be pretty weird with someone else hosting it.

I did read about that too, that he was taping shows until almost two weeks ago, definitely a fighter alright!

IIRC I think I've read somewhere that Ken Jennings has been considered in the past as a possible future replacement host on Jeopardy, personally I'm thinking that James Holzhauer (Jeopardy James!) might be a better fit but who knows. 

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I grew up watching Jeopardy - definitely won't be the same...

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@dabr wrote:

And from I saw on the news last night, he taped the last of his episodes of Jeopardy, just two weeks ago - a fighter to the end!!! 👍

As for that part in bold, they apparently plan on getting a new host, but it'll be pretty weird with someone else hosting it.

I agree, Jeopardy won't be the same without Alex Trebek.  For me, it would be difficult to see another Jeopardy host.  I am so sad right now.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dabr wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.