cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictions for February

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

The bravo leaderboard for February has been unusual to say the least....so the top contributors announcement and it's breakdown will be interesting. If we still had the former levels of : 0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%, 25% and 50% my estimation of the top 3 would be as follows:

1. Top 0.5%  @Jb456  @gblackma 
  2. Top 1%  @Anonymous  @darlicious  @popping  @geopublic 
  3. Top 5%   @CannonFodder  @kselmak  @dabr  @Triguy  @Staliger   @Dunkman and  @AE_Collector 

Of course since there is no longer the top 0.5% level everyone would drop two (?) spaces down in descending order....we will see how the secret algorithm (formula) pans out in about a week.

27 REPLIES 27

@gail709 wrote:

I wish I could get all of you fabulous people to come work for me for $2 a month.  You deserve every bit of acknowledgement that you get.

I am pretty budget, but I don't come that cheap, lol.

@AE_Collector  I can't tell if I predicted my own position as self serve is coming up a big blank....but I'm glad I sided with optimistic.

@Jb456  If I was any good with the lotto numbers I wouldn't need public mobile....but come fall I rarely get more than three wrong in my football pool....my NFL crystal ball is nicely polished.

@darlicious 

Your seemingly over optimistic prediction for me seems to have been accurate based on $ arrival in my community rewards area. I am quite surprised, the only previous time making top 5% was for December 2019 (which stuck even after they redid it all to correct the errors). Will have to wait for badges and announcements to confirm no big errors this time around.

AE_Collector 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  well you got two predictions right....can you Private message the lotto 649 numbers for tonight? 😂

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations !

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wish I could get all of you fabulous people to come work for me for $2 a month.  You deserve every bit of acknowledgement that you get.

@totalUser wrote:

I'm not sure I'd like to know the formula, it may corrupt me. Even now my fingers get faster than my brain in a race to shoot the answer, that cannot be good for community so i take a break. 

This is a very good and sane approach.  

I'm not sure I'd like to know the formula, it may corrupt me. Even now my fingers get faster than my brain in a race to shoot the answer, that cannot be good for community so i take a break. 

@AE_Collector

I think you have a valid observation. Telus vs Koodo vs Public is direct conflict of interest. If you ever lookup Telus corpspeak stuff for shareholders and investors you'll see than the priority they always emphasize first and foremost is average revenue per customer. Gotta keep pumping those ARPU stats up, even if it means cannibalizing your own brands. This wouldn't work out well in a free-competition market. It does work in Canada.

@Luddite 

I made sure I consulted the correct mystic rune before revealing any predictions....its good to know an oracle is familiar with the insights I rely on for my otherworldly premonitions.......Screenshot_20200302-164852.png

For predictions perhaps consult an expert?

mb_free_runes_reading_software_home___personal_religion___spirituality-2541-screenshot.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Korth 

Yes many things that I would think would be fixed to save moderator time etc. But... then I begin to wonder how much around here is really part of the experience. Anyone who is put off by having to deal with silly issues and is willing to pay more to avoid silly issues will be welcomed back to the bigger brand names. Since PM isn't a competitive entity on its own but rather is a specific offering in a range of products (PM - Koodo - TELUS) much of what we think should be fixed may be (almost) intentional! Just like cell plans and pricing, service level and convenience might be compared to other companies 3rd tier offerings by those in charge at Telus as well.

AE_Collector

@Nezgar wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @Anonymous 

Yeah I wasn't getting that either TIL ...google it. Thanks @Nezgar  for reminding us were old!

Hehe, don't worry... I had to look that one up a year or two ago too. But I like it. Cat Very Happy

The other one I've come across is: tl;dr

"Too long; didn't read" Smiley Very Happy

@Nezgar  Uh oh....somehow I think I might start to see that a lot after my typical posts...

@ShawnC13

I tend to check my account only after receiving SMS reminders, just to make sure I have enough available funds in account to proactively prevent broken AutoPay.

I rarely click around the Self-Serve subpages - unless it's necessary - because Self-Serve portal is always so ridiculously glacial that half my attempts fail with timeout anyhow. Seems like bad business to me when your only customer interface (billing and payments) is broken in so many ways, but it is what it is, always has been the way it is, and PM evidently can't or won't fix it.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Korth 

Do you get the "complete set" of badges or only Bout every third month like I do? One of them has the date on it unlike the rest and that is the "real one". Annoying for sure to have to wade through the whole roster all the way up to Oracle. 

AE_Collector

The rewards are in the accounts before badges are rewarded.  So you should know what you have earned even before any announcement thread is posted.  I guess if you don't check your account you wouldn't know.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Korth 

Do you get the "complete set" of badges or only Bout every third month like I do? One of them has the date on it unlike the rest and that is the "real one". Annoying for sure to have to wade through the whole roster all the way up to Oracle. 

AE_Collector

@darlicious

Nice of you to pretend I'm Top 5%-10% kind of material in this community.

But the reality is that - for reasons unknown - I consistently seem to get awarded ALL the Community Reward Badges (every Top% and Oracle!) along with a flat $2 Community Reward.

Since I don't need no stinkin' badgers and the fistful of loonies isn't worth fighting over I've decided to just say and do whatever I like in the Community, lol, doesn't seem to change the actual brag and swag they award in the slightest.

@darlicious wrote:

Yeah I wasn't getting that either TIL ...google it. Thanks @Nezgar  for reminding us were old!

Hehe, don't worry... I had to look that one up a year or two ago too. But I like it. Cat Very Happy

The other one I've come across is: tl;dr

"Too long; didn't read" Smiley Very Happy

@darlicious 

Okay that makes sense ...top .5 and top 1%. I'm not as optimistic about myself this month but thanks for your optimism! And.... I am no longer 1 solution away from double digits! 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I'm so good at reading my typos I just read it as Until and said to myself "there IS a 30 day option"!

@darlicious :

I don't follow the "when we had a top .5%" comment. While I've seen references to it here I don't think it has existed in the 15 months I've been here. And if it DID exist I would think that roughly half of the Top 1% would be in the Top .5% category instead of the top 1% having no impact on any other levels.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I have no idea how that worked when it did exist but I put it in there because there was such a colossal separation between the top two and everyone else. I optimistically put you on the upper cusp!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

I'm so good at reading my typos I just read it as Until and said to myself "there IS a 30 day option"!

I thought the same but then wondered why it was all capitalized. And the sentence didn't quite flow in the context. So I checked my assumption.

@Nezgar  Numbers and a theory but really who knows there may be only be two in the top 1% this month. It's whether you sit on the cusp that's maddening. Like placing fourth or fifth at the Olympics. Oh wait we Canadians just take that in stride.....were good at that!

But @AE_Collector might have one solution for that ....

@darlicious :

I don't follow the "when we had a top .5%" comment. While I've seen references to it here I don't think it has existed in the 15 months I've been here. And if it DID exist I would think that roughly half of the Top 1% would be in the Top .5% category instead of the top 1% having no impact on any other levels.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

I was going to say it would be very optimistic for me to hit 10% again for Feb, but I see now you're working with actual numbers, so I guess it might be possible! TIL the Bravos Leaderboard has a 30 days option...

@Nezgar: There's a setting somewhere in your profile that sets it to a default range.

TIL I learned a new internet abbreviation 🙂

@darlicious wrote:

Since  I cant mention more than 15 members in a post the top of the top 10% would be:

I was going to say it would be very optimistic for me to hit 10% again for Feb, but I see now you're working with actual numbers, so I guess it might be possible! TIL the Bravos Leaderboard has a 30 days option...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Since  I cant mention more than 15 members in a post the top of the top 10% would be:

1. Top 10%  @srlawren  @LovesToPM  @iPhoneUser  @Korth  @Nezgar  @hairbag1  @PAULRANG18  @ddeep91 @wetcoaster @mpcdesign  @totalUser and so on.....
Need Help? Let's chat.