cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward


@RobertQc wrote:

@Beer wrote:

Now I'm even more confused as to why you say that this may not end well-


@Beer 

 

"PUBLIC MOBILE reserves the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or delete any User Content and/or to suspend or terminate your access to the Site without notice upon a violation of attempted violation of these Terms of Service or for any other reason, which may reduce or deny eligibility for Rewards earned from participation in the community."


So it seems that only PM has the right etc to terminate ones account and not members being titled Oracles or having earned other forum titles.

With regards to our situation having 3 separate paid accounts (wine) (beer) (coffee) and yes two additional friends that haven’t yet been discovered—— Speaking for myself.  I “beer” from this day on  promise to do my best not to Bravo any posts no matter how impressed and in agreement I am with the member posting. 

 

Now for arguments sake just so some of us well meaning but confused members can understand, let’s consider some hypothetical guestions . (1)Members having separate active accounts but living in separate units in the same condominium complex and sharing a common WIFI do not have the same rights to Bravo etc as other members living in separate single family dwellings? (2)Furthermore members that have Friends and relatives living in separate provinces are also not allowed to Bravo each other, mainly because of their familiarity with each other?  

The argument that friends that would Bravo each other for financial gains to just maybe at most after spending countless hours may result in $1 reward towards  one months fees  is in my opinion not worth the effort to police.  

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward

 


@Beer wrote:

The argument that friends that would Bravo each other for financial gains to just maybe at most after spending countless hours may result in $1 reward towards  one months fees  is in my opinion not worth the effort to police.  


@Beer  FYI, $15 each month has been my reward over the last 6 months, its a little challenging to gain this. $10 can be done very easily however.

 

There are a about 250 people monthly who get community rewards and public mobile gives out roughly $8000 yearly (before taxes come off) in community rewards. These numbers change slightly depending on how many users are active in the forum that month.

 

If you consider, your 3 accounts and 2 friends bravoing each other to get the easily attainable $10 reward, you are looking at $600 before taxes in rewards at the $10 level effectively stealing 7.5% of the entire rewards pool with just 5 accounts at the $10 level. It doesn't matter if its small gaming or large gaming the limit for gaming the system around here is 0. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, its not a bit, its not a little, its zero gaming. If it was not to be "policed" then the system would fail at rewarding those who do spend countless hours here.

 

 


@Beer wrote:

So it seems that only PM has the right etc to terminate ones account and not members being titled Oracles or having earned other forum titles.


Oracles do not have the ability to do very much, they are just like us except they are allowed to move posts around to the correct location and make edits when a customer gives personal information. They still have to follow the rules like the rest of us and for inappropriate content have to inform the moderator team, just like us. Some of the oracles may try to intimidate you but they should not, i would say they are then abusing their status/power. In that case I would report them directly to public mobile in a well written, factual message.

 


@Beer wrote:

 I “beer” from this day on  promise to do my best not to Bravo any posts no matter how impressed and in agreement I am with the member posting. 

You don't have to be that drastic, you did say yourself you were interested in only the phone service, but if you are wanting to be on the community simply follow the guidelines and take the warning as such, many of us have received warnings before, we apologize for the misunderstanding, correct our ways and move forward trying to lead by example.

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward

Thanks for your very kind and informative response to my comments. Congrats on doing an obvious fine job resulting in several $$$ each month. Surprised that they haven’t made you an Oracle. 

Now I feel that I have been just plain bullied because I have been warned, insulted , accused and threatened and all the while not even collected a single $ reward. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward


@Beer wrote:

Thanks for your very kind and informative response to my comments. Congrats on doing an obvious fine job resulting in several $$$ each month. Surprised that they haven’t made you an Oracle. 

Now I feel that I have been just plain bullied because I have been warned, insulted , accused and threatened and all the while not even collected a single $ reward. 


@BeerThank you, I am just trying to help people out with whatever I can. When I look to your profile it seems you have not been here very long but you have received a top25% badge just once from November which should have resulted in a $2 reward. To some that is a lot to some it is nothing. $2 on a $10 plan is 20% off a phone plan which could be very decent. The amount of work to get a 25% or 50% reward takes literally minutes per month, to get the top 1% it takes 100's of hours.

 

To myself I do not come here for the reward of money I come here for the reward of thank you's. When I run the numbers the amount of problems I have solved works out to pennies on the hour.

 

I am not going to defend anyone or chose sides without evidence I have no idea who said what to you, but I can only assume it was a warning message directly from a public employee or a moderator and in that case it could have been taken defensively, If this was an official employee these letters are written very carefully, they know you might go public with it, thats your right. The reason I can say I doubt they insulted and threatened you unless it was a warning taken out of context is because I have seen these letters and in all the warnings I have seen I have never seen them be anything outside of professional (but of course warnings are still scary to the person getting them, which might feel like a threat, but its more of a consequence to actions performed) but are almost always taken exactly how you feel, bullied, threatened, insulted, etc

 

If it was anyone non official I would report them and block them. Keep in mind that message/text/words can often be misconstrued as the tone is whatever you feel when reading it. Completely open to interpretation. and this is a public forum, if you feel that you have been truely treated unfairly you can voice your concerns here in public, attaching the full quotes of what was said without anything vulgar and keeping it factual.

 

I know it sucks and I understand its a tough spot to be in where multiple people want to participate in one household but most contests, prizes, rewards heck even limits at the grocery store say things like "limit one per household" if you read the fine print. May I suggest since you pay the bill for all of these accounts I would tell the ones you pay for, my bill, my community if you do want to participate. That's something you have to work out with them and its a rule around here whether we like it or not. This is a problem many of us face just like you.

 

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward


@RobertQc wrote:

@Beer wrote:

Thanks for your very kind and informative response to my comments. Congrats on doing an obvious fine job resulting in several $$$ each month. Surprised that they haven’t made you an Oracle. 

Now I feel that I have been just plain bullied because I have been warned, insulted , accused and threatened and all the while not even collected a single $ reward. 


@BeerThank you, I am just trying to help people out with whatever I can. When I look to your profile it seems you have not been here very long but you have received a top25% badge just once from November which should have resulted in a $2 reward. To some that is a lot to some it is nothing. $2 on a $10 plan is 20% off a phone plan which could be very decent. The amount of work to get a 25% or 50% reward takes literally minutes per month, to get the top 1% it takes 100's of hours.

 

To myself I do not come here for the reward of money I come here for the reward of thank you's. When I run the numbers the amount of problems I have solved works out to pennies on the hour.

 

I am not going to defend anyone or chose sides without evidence I have no idea who said what to you, but I can only assume it was a warning message directly from a public employee or a moderator and in that case it could have been taken defensively, If this was an official employee these letters are written very carefully, they know you might go public with it, thats your right. The reason I can say I doubt they insulted and threatened you unless it was a warning taken out of context is because I have seen these letters and in all the warnings I have seen I have never seen them be anything outside of professional (but of course warnings are still scary to the person getting them, which might feel like a threat, but its more of a consequence to actions performed) but are almost always taken exactly how you feel, bullied, threatened, insulted, etc

 

If it was anyone non official I would report them and block them. Keep in mind that message/text/words can often be misconstrued as the tone is whatever you feel when reading it. Completely open to interpretation. and this is a public forum, if you feel that you have been truely treated unfairly you can voice your concerns here in public, attaching the full quotes of what was said without anything vulgar and keeping it factual.

 

I know it sucks and I understand its a tough spot to be in where multiple people want to participate in one household but most contests, prizes, rewards heck even limits at the grocery store say things like "limit one per household" if you read the fine print. May I suggest since you pay the bill for all of these accounts I would tell the ones you pay for, my bill, my community if you do want to participate. That's something you have to work out with them and its a rule around here whether we like it or not. This is a problem many of us face just like you.

 

 


Personally, if I was the owner of Public Mobile, I wouldn't mind one person paying for multiple monthly plans just to manufacture community rewards for their accounts - because with each monthly plan paid for, the possible rewards accumulated for each account will never offset the price of each the monthly plans for each account.

 

For expample, if I buy the cheapest plan which is $10 or $15 per month, and but other $10 or $15 plan to save $5 to $10 per each plan via community/referal/autopay ect rewards, Public still nets $5 ro $10 per month on the cheaper plans and nets more on the more expensive plans.  So, anyone buying more plans will never make more rewards than the are spending in total anyways, and since Public is all pay before - Public doesn't have to worry and losing $ via unpaid bills either.

 

So, as for gaming the system, I don't see how Public can lose out by anyone paying for more accounts to generate rewards for themselves.  But if it's simply a case of generating bravos or something for a who can get more bravos contest, I still wouldn't care if I was owner of public, because if each bravo is from a seperate monthly plan - Public gains $ for each seperate monthly plan regardless of that plan bravos lots or less.

 

Also, freinds and family bravoing or supporting each other isn't new, during elections the friends and families of politicians vote for each other obviously - that isn't cheating, and vote buying is not supposed to happen but everyone knows it happens anyways, so I say let people buy more bravos if the buying new separate plans for each account.  It will just mean more profits for Public and hopefully cheaper plans for everyone in the future.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward

@villellamcmeans 

Public loses out long term

People post online in belief they get rewards and this in turn helps grow community involvement

If 1 person created multiple accounts and managed to spam enough posts to forums to get all the rewards the more casual posters stop posting and the message boards die

 

As far as raw rewards go

Best case scenario is spending $24 for $12 in refer rewards so yes Public still shows a profit when someone does this but it certainly cuts into their profit margins (which could result in worse plans / higher prices long term as Telus tries to bump up ARPU)

I prefer to think people doing this are seasonal visitors not necessarily trying to exploit reward system

 

 


@villellamcmeans wrote:


Personally, if I was the owner of Public Mobile, I wouldn't mind one person paying for multiple monthly plans just to manufacture community rewards for their accounts - because with each monthly plan paid for, the possible rewards accumulated for each account will never offset the price of each the monthly plans for each account.

 

For expample, if I buy the cheapest plan which is $10 or $15 per month, and but other $10 or $15 plan to save $5 to $10 per each plan via community/referal/autopay ect rewards, Public still nets $5 ro $10 per month on the cheaper plans and nets more on the more expensive plans.  So, anyone buying more plans will never make more rewards than the are spending in total anyways, and since Public is all pay before - Public doesn't have to worry and losing $ via unpaid bills either.

 

So, as for gaming the system, I don't see how Public can lose out by anyone paying for more accounts to generate rewards for themselves.  But if it's simply a case of generating bravos or something for a who can get more bravos contest, I still wouldn't care if I was owner of public, because if each bravo is from a seperate monthly plan - Public gains $ for each seperate monthly plan regardless of that plan bravos lots or less.

 

Also, freinds and family bravoing or supporting each other isn't new, during elections the friends and families of politicians vote for each other obviously - that isn't cheating, and vote buying is not supposed to happen but everyone knows it happens anyways, so I say let people buy more bravos if the buying new separate plans for each account.  It will just mean more profits for Public and hopefully cheaper plans for everyone in the future.


 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Posting this for comic relief -have been accused of paying for 3 accounts just to get $1 reward


@kav2001c wrote:

@villellamcmeans 

Public loses out long term

People post online in belief they get rewards and this in turn helps grow community involvement

If 1 person created multiple accounts and managed to spam enough posts to forums to get all the rewards the more casual posters stop posting and the message boards die

 

As far as raw rewards go

Best case scenario is spending $24 for $12 in refer rewards so yes Public still shows a profit when someone does this but it certainly cuts into their profit margins (which could result in worse plans / higher prices long term as Telus tries to bump up ARPU)

I prefer to think people doing this are seasonal visitors not necessarily trying to exploit reward system

 

 


@villellamcmeans wrote:


Personally, if I was the owner of Public Mobile, I wouldn't mind one person paying for multiple monthly plans just to manufacture community rewards for their accounts - because with each monthly plan paid for, the possible rewards accumulated for each account will never offset the price of each the monthly plans for each account.

 

For expample, if I buy the cheapest plan which is $10 or $15 per month, and but other $10 or $15 plan to save $5 to $10 per each plan via community/referal/autopay ect rewards, Public still nets $5 ro $10 per month on the cheaper plans and nets more on the more expensive plans.  So, anyone buying more plans will never make more rewards than the are spending in total anyways, and since Public is all pay before - Public doesn't have to worry and losing $ via unpaid bills either.

 

So, as for gaming the system, I don't see how Public can lose out by anyone paying for more accounts to generate rewards for themselves.  But if it's simply a case of generating bravos or something for a who can get more bravos contest, I still wouldn't care if I was owner of public, because if each bravo is from a seperate monthly plan - Public gains $ for each seperate monthly plan regardless of that plan bravos lots or less.

 

Also, freinds and family bravoing or supporting each other isn't new, during elections the friends and families of politicians vote for each other obviously - that isn't cheating, and vote buying is not supposed to happen but everyone knows it happens anyways, so I say let people buy more bravos if the buying new separate plans for each account.  It will just mean more profits for Public and hopefully cheaper plans for everyone in the future.


 


 

@kav2001c : I understand how it could seem like Public loses when casual posters stop posting etc, but those are unconfirmed possible outcomes, the confirmed outcome is as you described in your best case senario - which is actual profit for Public, regardless of what the future outcomes mar happen.  I think the worst case senario is Public still making a profit somewhere.