cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Phone Protection (PPP)

DanAR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Survey Type of Question -- What type of case/shell/screen protector do you use? And why? Not necessarily brand recommendations but more style, material, construction.  My phone came with a clear soft silicone type case but I wonder if there is something better.  I ordered screen protectors but I gave up on them because of bubbles.  Any tips or advice?

Anything fancy and useful in a case/shell that would tart it up?

14 REPLIES 14

@yanzhiqiang @gpixel 

Wow! Two great choices.....thx! Now if i can order one quick enough before the inevitable happens he might get more than three months out of this phone.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For all our phone we use the "Tempered Glass Screen Protectors". Easy  bubble free install and they have saved our phones many times. Have also installed one on a phone that had a still working but scattered screen that I leave in my car using it's bluetooth for music. I suggest you order them through Ebay at a much lesser price then from local retail stores. 

Can anyone recommend a good case to protect a samsung J7 from my boyfriend?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have used 3 this kind of case on my 3 phones, non of then had a crack screen by their end of life, I droped them many times though. ( silicon inner case the best)

yanzhiqiang_0-1597274470765.jpeg

B12

I am generally not a fan of cases. I bought a device that should be able to protect itself. If it cannot then it clearly wasn't worth its price.

There was a time when phones were built more robust and now they are built shinier and break easier in favor of using said cases.

If I have to use a case I tend to go with transparent ones and thin ones.

@popping I would have to agree spigen imo is the best case.

first time I bought their case was for my nexus 5 (spigen slim armor) great case!. I then purchased the spigen rugged armor for the pixel 1,3 and 4 it's a nice thin case with a good amount of protection.

Ive dropped my pixel 3 countless times from chest and waist height and no scratches or cracks at all. I also use a tempered glass screen protector

if you want good protection at a good price, I would choose spigen

tiny222
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

I have a rubber phone case which I bought it 3 years ago for $1 at a local store (It's closed now). My phone was dropped 40-50 times by my little brother and I, but it hasn't cracked once, and yes, it was sometimes dropped from high-ish heights.

I bought my mom a different phone case last year from Amazon for $20, but after 2 drops, her phone screen cracked.

So price doesn't equal to better quality. You might be able to find a long-lasting phone case at your nearest dollar store.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I use the Spigen case.  I use screen protector which uses water to apply.  It is easy to apply and more forgiving as I move it around before the water dries.

But my latest Umidigi phone came with a case and a screen protector applied already.  I dropped my Umidigi once from the chest height and bounce on concrete floor couple of times.  My phone is still working fine and no damage on the screen and the glass on the back.  I like factory applied screen protector.  After using it for 9 months, it look as good as new and no air bubbles.

DanAR

Thanks,Korth.

I'll start with one and explore from there.

DanAR

re: "Watch a few youtube videos and practice."

Thanks.  I've gone through 3 so the more I practice, the more it costs.😁

I prefer my manly Phonster case. A typical example of what's apparently called a "tactical phone case/holster". It was a little costly but it's outlasted two phones and is still going strong, albeit the awesome oiled-leather smell and awesome leathery squeaking have sadly diminished over time.

For work I need something drop-resistant and spill-resistant. Whatever hardened ruggedized thing I can buy for my particular phone model. If nothing can be bought then a 3D print from some kind of durable engineering plastic, maybe with one or two aluminum plate inserts.

The reality is that big-brand phones (namely iPhones and Galaxies) offer thousands of perfectly-fitted case options but small-brand phones are lucky to include something cheap and generic in the box (they almost invariably have to be carried naked or in some kind of poorly-fitted universal case). So if you want a particular form factor or style of case then you likely have limited options when choosing the phone itself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DanAR , I use thin clear cases as a rule to keep the overall weight and size of the package to a minimum.  The case is intended for minor bumps and scrapes, not for major drops.  As for installing the screen protector, there is a bit of a learning curve.  Watch a few youtube videos and practice. 

Need Help? Let's chat.