cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones for sale

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM doesnt offer any phones..but im sure many community members have good PM compatible phones to sell , and lots of people want to upgrade or purchase for a family member..im sure each of us has many members within our areas..keep the cash in your community as the saying goes..lol..just a thought.....good day to all...

17 REPLIES 17

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would like to see testimonials from those who have had good experiences dealing with a specific vendor or vendors when purchasing a new/used smartphone.  Yeah I could go to other sites like rouge flag deals but for me it would be more meaningful if it were done here.  Just my two cents . . .

@Luddite wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Yeah I don't think buy and sell is permitted even here in the lounge.  @Mary_M @Shazia_K could one of you please confirm one way or the other?  Thank you!

Nope; I'm all for the lounge allowing sales. It's a social lounge after all! Robot LOL

BTW: For the social board:

• Solutions will be turned off
  • All activity within the board will not count towards the Community Reward
  • Posts from this board won't be tracked on lists (i.e. Latest posts)

That is right not count towards the community rewards but it's still the same community.  Same community= same TOS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Yeah I don't think buy and sell is permitted even here in the lounge.  @Mary_M @Shazia_K could one of you please confirm one way or the other?  Thank you!

Nope; I'm all for the lounge allowing sales. It's a social lounge after all! Robot LOL

@Luddite if PM wants to allow buy and sell they should really create another area for it and make sure they post disclaimers about liability and risk and have it perma-stickied in that area.  Being social and selling your phone are two entirely different things, IMHO.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

BTW: For the social board:

• Solutions will be turned off
  • All activity within the board will not count towards the Community Reward
  • Posts from this board won't be tracked on lists (i.e. Latest posts)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Carld123

Looks like a no for now....maybe in thr future thell allow it...

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

PM doesnt offer any phones..but im sure many community members have good PM compatible phones to sell , and lots of people want to upgrade or purchase for a family member..im sure each of us has many members within our areas..keep the cash in your community as the saying goes..lol..just a thought.....good day to all...

As the quote below from Mary states there is no solicitation of goods or services through the community. 

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning,

I just wanted to reinforce the community services terms.

**You may not:

• a. post, upload, publish, display, encode, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute and/or disseminate information or material on the Site: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (ii) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the rights holder; (iii) promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, or harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) which solicits passwords, personal information, funds, goods and/or services or otherwise solicits information for commercial or unlawful purposes (v) that contains advertising;

Thank you,

Mary

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Carld123  kijugi or usedyourcity.com would probably be a better bet.

I guess you could try the new lounge area, not exatly sure what  the does and donts are of that new board.  Oficially  selling thigns does go agaist the official forum rules though.... 

Maybe Kijiji in a small city is usable, but I would not trust buying any phones from GTA sellers.  There are far too many doubtful sellers that it is not worth the risk.  Kijiji and Craigslist are probably the greatest contributors to the blacklist.

BTW, you do realize this post is in the lounge area?  It is the lawless forum

Just because this is a lounge area for off topic discussion doesn't make it a lawless forum posts still must be within the TOS of the site.

I was only kidding about the total lawlessness.  However, I would like to see an official statement about customers wanting to sell or buy a phone on this new forum.  I can see that if someone tried to sell their old furniture or something, that would be out of the question.  But customers trying to buy/sell phone hardware is not unreasonable.  Otherwise, this forum is going to be a policing nightmare.  Good luck with that. 

Well this is still part of the same community so a reasonable person should understand it would be the same community services terms

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

As the quote below from Mary states there is no solicitation of goods or services through the community. 

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning,

**You may not:

• a. post, upload, publish, display, encode, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute and/or disseminate information or material on the Site: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (ii) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the rights holder; (iii) promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, or harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) which solicits passwords, personal information, funds, goods and/or services or otherwise solicits information for commercial or unlawful purposes (v) that contains advertising;

Thank you,

Mary

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I guess you could try the new lounge area, not exatly sure what  the does and donts are of that new board.  Oficially  selling thigns does go agaist the official forum rules though.... 

Maybe Kijiji in a small city is usable, but I would not trust buying any phones from GTA sellers.  There are far too many doubtful sellers that it is not worth the risk.  Kijiji and Craigslist are probably the greatest contributors to the blacklist.

Just because this is a lounge area for off topic discussion doesn't make it a lawless forum posts still must be within the TOS of the site.

I was only kidding about the total lawlessness.  However, I would like to see an official statement about customers wanting to sell or buy a phone on this new forum.  I can see that if someone tried to sell their old furniture or something, that would be out of the question.  But customers trying to buy/sell phone hardware is not unreasonable.  Otherwise, this forum is going to be a policing nightmare.  Good luck with that. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Carld123 wrote:

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning,

**You may not:

Thank you,

Mary

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

yeah no idea.   its the lawless forum 🙂  i bravoed anyways.  did the bravo count go up?

No idea, I guess I owe you one.  I don't know that it is our problem to deal with.  We were given an off topic forum to use, there should be no worries about abuse.  Let's go nuts. 

mimmo

yeah no idea.   its the lawless forum 🙂  i bravoed anyways.  did the bravo count go up?

@mimmo wrote:

actually no didnt realise it was the lounge.   🙂 no point giving bravos then 🙂

there is always facebook marketplace and vargesale  just saying the "market size" of the pm forum  is probably a very limited  as people will need to be in same city etc... but if some one wants to try i guess they can.

I would have thought this function would be turned off or may be metered separately so they can remove the bravo count here for rewards determination. 

mimmo

actually no didnt realise it was the lounge.   🙂 no point giving bravos then 🙂

there is always facebook marketplace and vargesale  just saying the "market size" of the pm forum  is probably a very limited  as people will need to be in same city etc... but if some one wants to try i guess they can.

Carld123

I agree...the "meet me at tims scenario..ill be driving a rusted out jetta"..once the trunk opens theres about 40 phones in there..lol

@mimmo wrote:

BTW, you do realize this post is in the lounge area?  It is the lawless forum. 

mimmo

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have a shoe box where I store my used phones.  I don't have the patience to sell them.  They also make good backups in a pinch.  Now that we have a new forum so yeah it would be a place for people to shill their pre-owned wares. 

Need Help? Let's chat.