cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number cross confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

This place isn't the only place that has this problem. Freedom does too.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Just so it's out there...I have no idea what term is used for this problem. I suppose I could have put a dash after cross.

comparing Telus with Freedom is sad.. LoL

honest, I search around .. for Rogers/Fido/Bell/Vrigin, I don't see to find many complains about number cross..  but I can easily find similar posts with Koodo and Telus.. so, Telus has something to work on..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Yes when I first got here I picked up someone's number from somewhere. It rang and texted to me but the other end was certainly looking for someone else. And I'm not talking old news. There was a caller asking about are you coming in to work today.

Other customers have had variations of things working or not.

@Anonymous 

This isn't new.  It's interestig to see that other carriers have assigned someone's phone number too. I can say from experience that Telus has beem making this same mistake for at least 15 years (they did it to me).  I can only conclude the carriers either don't know how to fix this problem or that the cost of implementing the fix is possibly more than handling these situations on a case by case basis.

Need Help? Let's chat.