cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone__Camera__Action!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I now have three phones with the camera being the most important component for me. So I thought I would test how well each phone's camera performs in the same conditions. Anyone who cares to can hazard a guess at which took what?

Or add your own comparison photos to give others an opportunity to compare completely undoctored photos and help them decide if a phone and its camera will satisfy their needs. 

Three phone's cameras, three shots, moto g7+,google pixel 3 and samsung galaxy A320.

A.)

20210713_205620(0).jpg

B.)

IMG_20210713_205755562.jpg

C.)

PXL_20210714_035532239.jpg

A.) ?     B.)  ?      C.) ?

89 REPLIES 89

@darlicious 

For fun, include a shot with your Canon DSLR. Let’s see if there is a noticeable difference compared to the photos with the phones.

@softech @BearFBI 

What no guesses on round 2? Forfeit to @gpixel ?

Round 3......same local but before I went shopping. Edit: Round 4.....I can't count?!!

PXL_20210716_033207597.jpgIMG_20210715_203115289_HDR.jpg20210715_203257.jpg

@BearFBI 

I am definitely considering gcam for both once I am satisfied with my testing. I have yet to test the night sight on the pixel but from what I've read it is greatest improvement for the moto cam. The detail in daylight conditions is awesome....too awesome to upload here! I struggled to find photos that were small enough for my other threads. 

But it really fails with light and shadow and can pixelate and lose its color spectrum the A3 makes better choices....better programming.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the invite  @darlicious  .!!  

But... I think after reading more  about the recent goings  on in the "community" and the way the issues  have been dealt with by the admin , and being accused of inappropriate  language for someone else's comments with no hint of apology  from the accuser  I have no interest  in participating  here .  Trying  to  turn a "community" into a poorly paid employee  seems a little misguided to me  but if the love of helping keep you going here ... have at er all .  

Good Luck . 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech said "@darlicious your first round.. Surprise that Pixel actually enhances the pictures more than Samsung.  But we all agree Moto has the worst picture. LoL"

Dude pixel has the best phone camera in the market ! 

@darlicious Mabey you should install Gcam on either your Samsung or Moto. That would be an epic comparison. 

I came late to this party jeeze. Haven't been on the forum in a while, what did I miss ?

Snapped these at the grocery store....

IMG_20210715_210214751_HDR.jpgPXL_20210716_040130439.MP.jpg20210715_210048.jpg

@gpixel 

Are those your answers for round 1 or 2?

@softech 

They really act differently in certain conditions. Overall spec wise the moto g7+ being the most recent release (2020) has some of worst and best photos I've taken this year!

easy work

• moto
  • a32
  • pixel

@darlicious your first round.. Surprise that Pixel actually enhances the pictures more than Samsung.  But we all agree Moto has the worst picture. LoL

Ding! Ding! Ding!!

We have a winner! Congrats @BlueB for correctly identifying what took what....here's a round of six.

Again...A.) ? B.) ? C.) ?

IMG_20210715_061416869.jpg20210715_061551.jpgPXL_20210715_131451207.jpg

• @darlicious "would be quite happy if it was left in the original board for a few days or a week and then moved to the lounge ( before the end of a calendar month)to render the stats contained within worthless. Could a compromise to that affect not be considered?"

In theory Yes, in practice quite a pain to remember and find the few such topics among the 5-600 topics in a month. A least, for my worn out brain. 😩

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BlueB

Hmm.... just a blind shot in the dark here, but here's my guess!  🙂

A) Samsung A320

B) Moto G7+

C) Google Pixel 3

@Luddite 

I long ago resigned myself to having the vast majority of the topics I start moved to the lounge. Its more about the exposure to possible interested members than whether the posts/bravos/solutions count or not. I would be quite happy if it was left in the original board for a few days or a week and then moved to the lounge ( before the end of a calendar month)to render the stats contained within worthless. Could a compromise to that affect not be considered?

@darlicious  Just FYI: I fully supported moving your topic to the Lounge BUT recommended leaving it to avoid another round of complaints.  🌈

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 

Well its a game now....its in the lounge. But gee it doesn't take much to figure out that if you present three photos with three possible answers its either a test or a game. I chose the word "game" because its more fun than "test" but if you think that by "game" I'm trying to generate unworthy bravos then you have taken all of the pun out of this "test"!😃

More to the point the more the regulars that contribute quality content get disillusioned the more repetitive content by other users have discovered is easily copy and posted to reward success the less relevant and helpful the community will become.....there is a small group of members here that are the workhorses and do the great majority of corrections, pointing posts that need editing, provide explanations and answers, mentorship and they also provide and need levity and lightheartedness.....having it removed for no good reason is disheartening.

What's better being on top of or at the bottom of these things?

Your answer days it all. A game. Also it was not 1 opinion or of nine there were more as we discuss things

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

Ok it's not a problem but it is an issue....I have sought opinion on different phone's cameras. Ghe number one deal breaker on the purchase of a phone. I thought by creating an interactive thread that others could contribute to, play a bit of a game and have a discussion about phone cameras and how they work different settings etc....would be helpful and an interesting ongoing thread that yes has photos....most people like pictures that go with words. It keeps them interested and for a new member a way to contribute or participate and for long time members or regulars something to occupy their time while they await an OP's answer or any OP at all looking for help.

But as usual one member's opinion of a group of 9 will always trump the voice of one ogher or the vouce of many. Your community privileges granted so your rules....

@darlicious wrote:

.just like egregious activity discussions can go on in the open but behind a members back!

Yes, cos Lounge posts does not count, won't  bring him money so he ignores.  I have to tag him so he knows he scheme is no secret anymore and he can stopped at 700 .. not 1500.  🙂  (it's funny he messaged me to remove his tag.. )

ok.. back to your pictures.. waiting for your next round of pictures...

@softech 

Nice point.....how many times have we heard that autopay fails a lot it seems to be a huge problem? When in reality it affects very few users....but posts here are on the negative side because of the nature of the forum. More often than not when I create user content to engage discussion or community participation despite being phone related it gets bounced to the lounge. Where unless you visit the lounge you will never see it....just like egregious activity discussions can go on in the open but behind a members back!

@softech totally understand and no worries.  In your picture under phone and hardware, it says having issues with your phone ask questions here. There were no issues so I moved it.  PM does want an active community and that is the whole reason The Lounge was created to be able to discuss non PM related issues and encourage the off topic discussion with is own area

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  , I know the Community is a bit stressful today with some "serious" discussion.. I am  not trying to challenge your ruling, but I think the rule could be loosen up a bit

Here are the description for Phone and Lounge

Phones & Hardware

Having issues with your phone? Ask your questions here.

The Lounge
Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here.

As you see, The Lounge is more for "not related to phone-stuff" and Phone and Hardware is for having issue with your phone.  I guess this Camera thread, while unrelated to PM service itself,  it could still survive in the Phone & Hardware forum.  

Also, I guess PM would like to see a lively community and happy members rather than solely "My PM accounts not work"  and "contact your mod" threads.    After all, we are not paid customer service support that can only do PM related activities at "work" (Community in this case).

Again, not trying to challenge you.   I know people might not be in good mood today.  But everyone relax   🙂  

(Ontario is finally entering Stage 3 tomorrow.. Smile!!!)

Problem with Lounge posts is that they don't get "advertised" on the front page and hence many interesting topic are easily missed.

@softech 

Had I known this thread was going to be moved to the lounge so quickly I would have just tagged some possibly interested members....it seems singular opinions rule the community and the sharing of ideas or even one's words are subject to narrow minded censorship!

Looks like another summer of discontent.....

Tagging possible interested parties to a fun guessing game........

@kb_mv @gpixel @CFPartDeux @AE_Collector @JoyLuck @LurganIeUk @BKNS27 @dabr

@BlueB @barndoor @hairbag1 @Jb456 @BearFBI @brettster99

The next set of pics to be uploaded later today.....get your guess on.....

This has absolutely nothing to do with the service or network of public mobile. The line is a perfect area to encourage community activity on personal preferences of phones

@ShawnC13 

What not help oriented enough for the main forum? Pretty soon the only thing going on in this community will be in the lounge.....all I'm doing is creating content to drive users to the community. But yeah, yeah I know take it up with @Melinda_H or @J_PM ......I just might do that after yesterday and today!

The sun was rising, depends on how far apart you took these pictures.  Even with 30 secs apart, the light from the sun could brighten the setting enough that make the comparison a bit unfair..   but certainly don't like what I see in Picture B

I have the same guess as @mh1983 

a) Pixel 3

b) Moto G7+

c) Galaxy A320

@mh1983 

First one in the pool! I'll give answers in 24 hours or my next upload of photos which ever comes first.

mh1983

a) Pixel 3

b) Moto G7+

c) Galaxy A320

Need Help? Let's chat.