cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone__Camera__Action!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I now have three phones with the camera being the most important component for me. So I thought I would test how well each phone's camera performs in the same conditions. Anyone who cares to can hazard a guess at which took what?

Or add your own comparison photos to give others an opportunity to compare completely undoctored photos and help them decide if a phone and its camera will satisfy their needs. 

Three phone's cameras, three shots, moto g7+,google pixel 3 and samsung galaxy A320.

A.)

20210713_205620(0).jpg

B.)

IMG_20210713_205755562.jpg

C.)

PXL_20210714_035532239.jpg

A.) ?     B.)  ?      C.) ?

89 REPLIES 89

Lucky round #7!!

Really I should have gotten rid of A, B, C and D after round 1....

1.  ?
  2.  ?
  3.  ?
  4.  ?

Bonus question :

Which photo had to be reduced to be uploaded to the community?

PXL_20210718_014702563~3.jpg20210717_184822~2.jpgIMG_20210717_184736528_HDR~2.jpgDSCF1144.JPG

Round 6:

We have a winner.......... @softech !!!!!

1. Pixel
  2. Fuji
  3. Samsung
  4. Moto

Bonus question : Both you and @JK8  are incorrect. We will see if anyone else guesses before they see the answers......It's getting easier to spot the moto but the other 3 depending on the lighting conditions can be very similar....I keep having to double check and I took the photos!🤔

@JoyLuck 

That's a beauty! The snowbirds are flying over white rock today they might wander your way....

@darlicious 

Got this shot today of a CF-18 flying by the island.

CF-18.jpg

@softech 

Lol....using the fujifilm due to convenience and simplicity. I have both a canon and nikon SLR but obviously I won't be uploading anything taken by those two....the canon pro cam is way more camera then I need.....especially with 3 phones in this experiment. The newest member of the family that was a gift is a nikon d3400 that I haven't even tried out yet.

Alright I will post round 7 and double check the round 6 answers and give any more gamers a chance to answer round  6 while I do so......and reconvene in the next hour.

@darlicious 

A: Samsung

B: Fuji

C: Pixel

😧 Moto

MP count: Fuji

1. Pixel

2. Fuji ( i thought you have  a Nikon...?)

3. Samsung

4 Moto

Highest MP count: samsung

@softech 

Lol....you were a little late with that last answer! That's alright because round 6 has a new element thanks to @JoyLuck 's suggestion of adding my camera. After some trial and error of figuring out how to upload the photos from the sd card there will now be four choices to match to photos.

Fujifilm finepix S1600 12.2MP 15xZoom F3.1/F6.4 - F5.6/F11 ISO 64 up to 6400

A.)  ?  B.)  ?  C.)  ?  D.)  ?

Bonus question : Photo with the highest MP count?

PXL_20210718_015721219.jpgDSCF1154.JPG20210717_185302~2.jpgIMG_20210717_185446026.jpg

Round 5 guess:

1. Samsung

2. Moto

3. Pixel

So unless @gpixel has answered while I am typing we have winner by virtue of getting the bonus question correct as well.....drum roll please........ @ShawnC13 !!!

If @gpixel  answered....correctly I will give you a tie breaker....otherwise you lost!

@JK8 

Close but no cigarillo for you!

1. samsung  0.99MB
  2. moto          1.1MB
  3. pixel           3.4MB reduced to 2.3MB
  4. bonus.....pixel

Round 6 coming up.....shooting in the garden.

Screenshot_20210717-181814~2.png

@gpixel 

Its blueberry season so there will be pie involved. You've got 2 minutes.

@darlicious 

do I get dessert if I answer it correctly?

@Meow 

Unless you want in on this the answers will be in about 10 minutes.....

@gpixel 

You've got 10 minutes to answer the bonus question.

@darlicious 

R5

A: moto

B: Samsung

C: Pixel

Most MB is C.

Round 5 

I am thinking

Samsung

Moto

Pixel

Bonus Samsung

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

round 4 is

• Samsung
  • moto
  • pixel

🤭 

I don't understand your last post with the answers

your round 2 & 3 answers are incorrect

*nevermind I'm way off on my round count

this post is round 5

Round 5:

Tee hee hee......this is going to get a lot harder! Interesting to see what the camera chooses for settings and the results....and the total MB for each photo !

As you can see by the fuji photo I had intended to take 4 photos but ate my breakfast sandwich before I remembered so I just took a shot of my salad for reference....I was hungry!!😃

A.)  ?  B.)  ?  C.)  ?

Bonus question : Which of the 3 photos had the highest MB count?

20210717_114548.jpgIMG_20210717_114505368_HDR.jpgPXL_20210717_184728226~2.jpg

@gpixel @BearFBI @softech @BlueB @mh1983 

Recap and correct answers :

Round

1. A.) samsung  B.) moto  C.) pixel    ✔  @BlueB 
  2. A.) moto  B.) samsung  C.) pixel    ✔  @gpixel 
  3. A.) moto  B.) pixel  C.) samsung   ✔ @gpixel  ✔ @softech  (1 each)
  4. A.)      B.)       C.)                            still open?

Bonus questions :

1.                   @BearFBI  not correct

@JoyLuck 

So I took a test photo with my fujifilm finepix S1600 transferred the micro sd card to my tablet and searched around until I found I could upload to my google drive and then share it to my google photos and then looked at the image ( the details are awesome even for a so-so photo) and then  looked at the info.....and this won't work as its 3.4MB. Even the daylight test photos from the phone cameras will be issues with upload size since its about 2.7MB.

But I will continue with using the camera in addition to all three phones when possible and the S1600 isn't as unweildy as the canon DSLR. I may consider selling it as it's really just collecting dust ( not really its stored in my camera bag). But maybe if I can at least get out of it what I put into it and someone else can use it and love it then I think I will be happy letting it go......

I may have to start sharing to google photos file once image quality increases for everyone to be able to view......the communuty certainly has its limitations!😉

Screenshot_20210717-131653~2.png

round 2 is *this is round 3

• moto
  • pixel
  • a32

round 3 is *this is round 4

• pixel 
  • moto
  • a32

i win! 

I'll pick up my free meal on Sunday 🙂

@Korth

I reluctantly put down my beloved nikon SLR csmera for the mere fact that film was becoming obselete and the processing and prints prohibitively expensive. After a short lived stint with a sony cybershot I settled in with a fujifilm 1600 DSLR that I used exclusively til a year or so ago. Despite having a canon mark V..... I've focused on the phone cameras for their convenience and portability.

@darlicious 

The older Redmagic phone models also have excellent cameras, and now they don't cost as much.

It looks like each generation used the most advanced component specs the SoC datasheet would support, and it looks like they used to make a really big deal out of then-top-tier camera parts (Zeiss optics, Pentax and Nikon sensors, Panasonic CCD-CMOS multiplexers, etc) but their marketing abandoned camera emphasis on their recent products. I guess photographers prefer "real" cameras while gamers (at least those who aren't part of the PC Master Race and thus prefer "real" computers) are okay with smartphones.

@Korth  

I've seen some stuff on that phone but I didn't  even investigate because the gaming aspect made me lose any interest so the camera specs are a surprise. The closer a phone camera comes to shooting in raw the better for me as I tend to be a purist....the less filler the better. I sill keep my eye out for a demo model to check out.

@darlicious 

I know someone with this phone, I got to play with it for a day. The camera (and the display) on this phone are absolutely the best I've ever seen - the best still photos and the best 8K video captures (and display comparable to my ROG/Predator gaming monitors, just smaller). Even better than Redrocket-X cinema cameras I've worked with a few times in the past. It's a little pricey, but it has better specs (and it basically takes better photos) than a professional ($4000+) Canon EOS R5 SLR/DSLR camera (although it doesn't support all the lenses and lens attachments which can make your photos look even better, of course). The software seemed simple enough yet also advanced enough, but I'm not an avid photography guy so I dunno how it compares. The phone is built for gaming and marketed to gamers, not photographers.

It's not fully radio-compatible with all Public Mobile (Telus) frequencies and bands. It's gets all the basic ones (talk, text, and data), it doesn't get all the extra downlink/uplink ones for maximum insane network performance (even though it's a 5G+ SoC, lol).

https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/redmagic-6-pro

https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/redmagic-6-pro-specs

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious said "Bonus question....What phone caught the snowbirds this afternoon?"

Pixel ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JoyLuck said "For fun, include a shot with your Canon DSLR. Let’s see if there is a noticeable difference compared to the photos with the phones."

Hey ! Long time no see ! 

How's it going man ?

Round 3.....

1. moto
  2. pixel
  3. samsung

One strike out! K  It's an open field.... we need @BlueB  at least to weigh in on round four. 

Bonus question....What phone caught the snowbirds this afternoon?

For reference heres the animation I'm asking the bonus question about......

Edit: I need to keep better when I first upload photos!!

20210716_153527-ANIMATION.gif

Round 2:

1. moto
  2. samsung
  3. pixel

Lol.... @gpixel might have the inside track! Nicely done.

Edit: even I'm getting confused.....correct!

sorry mine was in the wrong order for some reason.

a. pixel

b. moto

c. a32

@JoyLuck 

I would if I could figure out how to hook it up to the wifi.....not sure I can. My tablet only takes micro sd cards oh but I may be able to use my other camera.....

I lost my confidence after round 1.. lol.. honest , round 2 is hard..

round 3 guess.. 

1. Samsung

2. Pixel

3. moto

Need Help? Let's chat.